[KERNEL][AOSP][4.2.2] 4Aces updated 6/04

Search This thread

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012
Re: [KERNEL][WIP][4.2.2] 4Aces

I flashed this kernel on top of flapps B8 but fast charge disappeared from settings>advanced help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

netter.159

Feb 21, 2013
How stable is this kernel? On average how often do you get a reboot.

Previous to this kernel every JB rom reboots every 1-2 days at most.

EDIT: Just as a comparison:

JB rom's with this older kernel previous to this one reboot typicall once per day or two. I think its the modified ICS one.

Stocks ICS? So far 16 days and NOT a single reboot.

Now i'm not expecting the same results, but certainly a lot better than a reboot a day...

Last edited:

netter.159

Feb 21, 2013

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
There are some apps and widgets on the play store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

I tried a few, but they do not provide useful info besides % and total current. I tried quite a few downloading and installing. Anybody else can also chime in - specifically want to know INPUT voltage at charging, and whether fast or slow...not just AC or USB, since an AC charger without right mA will also show as "AC" but will slow charge.

Thanks !!

Last edited:

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
bluetooth is an upstream CM thing..

and what you are looking for is going to be mA charging, or current, not Voltage..

rbaladiang

Aug 23, 2012

02/21 CM nightly build should have BT issue fixed

Reactions: chappatti

netter.159

Feb 21, 2013
I tried a few, but they do not provide useful info besides % and total current. I tried quite a few downloading and installing. Anybody else can also chime in - specifically want to know INPUT voltage at charging, and whether fast or slow...not just AC or USB, since an AC charger without right mA will also show as "AC" but will slow charge.

Thanks !!

BTW: Bluetooth on three separate kernels i tried with 4.2.2 does not work. Is bluetooth on 4.2.2 hit-or-miss? Flapp's kernels don't work for me (3.0.6 and 3.0.7). 4Aces also gives no bluetooth.

Man has Christmas hit early this year!

Code:
cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charging_source

cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/batt_current_adc

this first one is a flag to show if the current source is usb or AC.

the second one shows ADC bit reading.

5000 or so = your charging at usb speeds (0.5amps)
10,000 = AC source or about 1Amp charge rate
> 10k = probably overcharge, although i've never had the overcharge feature so I can't comment.

Also the values shift around a bit so you might get values between 9500 and 10100 for an AC charge, just as an example. Not all chargers are the same, but just in case here are my findings over the years:

1) tablet chargers, can provide > 1Amp charge. Good overall, better if you have the overcharge feature
2) check your car charger, some provide 0.5Amps, others 1Amp.
3) cables sometimes matter. Extender usb cables definitely matter, they can change an ADC reading from 10K to values of 9K or even less in some scenarios!
4) Samsung products, need samsung chargers. Something having to do with shorting the data pair wires, for more charge, as Samsung won't recognize an AC adapter as AC if the data pairs aren't shorted. But basically try not to use chargers from other companies as they might differ. As an anecdote I had a Motorola Atrix 4G, before the Note, and yeah, it charged at 1/2 Amp, instead of 1Amp. Just run the command to really check your charging value.

go download yourself connectbot, and run these commands from the shell

Thank me, only if I've been helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: chappatti

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
bluetooth is an upstream CM thing..

and what you are looking for is going to be mA charging, or current, not Voltage..

Happy to say got I fixed bluetooth. Kernel works just fine !!!!

Re fast charge. The kernel shows up as unsupported in Chad0989's widget/app. I enabled fast charging in "advanced settings' . Any ideas?

Thanks, also for the fine kernel !!

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

02/21 CM nightly build should have BT issue fixed

I got my bluetooth fixed. NOT a kernel thing ! My bad !

Thanks !

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Man has Christmas hit early this year!

Code:
cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charging_source

cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/batt_current_adc

this first one is a flag to show if the current source is usb or AC.

the second one shows ADC bit reading.

5000 or so = your charging at usb speeds (0.5amps)
10,000 = AC source or about 1Amp charge rate
> 10k = probably overcharge, although i've never had the overcharge feature so I can't comment.

Also the values shift around a bit so you might get values between 9500 and 10100 for an AC charge, just as an example. Not all chargers are the same, but just in case here are my findings over the years:

1) tablet chargers, can provide > 1Amp charge. Good overall, better if you have the overcharge feature
2) check your car charger, some provide 0.5Amps, others 1Amp.
3) cables sometimes matter. Extender usb cables definitely matter, they can change an ADC reading from 10K to values of 9K or even less in some scenarios!
4) Samsung products, need samsung chargers. Something having to do with shorting the data pair wires, for more charge, as Samsung won't recognize an AC adapter as AC if the data pairs aren't shorted. But basically try not to use chargers from other companies as they might differ. As an anecdote I had a Motorola Atrix 4G, before the Note, and yeah, it charged at 1/2 Amp, instead of 1Amp. Just run the command to really check your charging value.

go download yourself connectbot, and run these commands from the shell

Thank me, only if I've been helpful.

Thanks,netter aka Santa !

I appreciate the details.

Running the first command in Terminal gives me a value of '6'

Second one gives me '0'. Huh? What am I doing wrong.... rebooted and all that...

Connectbot is for ssh, telnet and the like ??. Couldn't figure out simple shell mode :D A little slow in the Linux brain!

simon2k10

Jul 8, 2010

Which kernel is stable so far ??? Just reverted from build 28 as it drove my screen nuts with the flickers :(

erad1

Dec 3, 2010
MiamiBeach
OnePlus 6

Wow if this is the infamous chris41g from Epic 4GT kernel development...then this is definitely getting flashed asap!

Last edited:

severinca

Sep 21, 2010

I had the same but it most likely because I wasnt on the newest nightly with all the new commits

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
Which kernel is stable so far ??? Just reverted from build 28 as it drove my screen nuts with the flickers :(

I am on v28 but with the 2/21 CM nightly update. All is good. I posted feedback in Jamies 4.2.2 Unofficial CM ROM.

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
On v28 "/sys/kernel/fast_charge/" does not exist? Also search for "fast_charge" in Root Explorer returns nothing......

Am I looking for the wrong thing?

EDIT: Ok. Based on my search/reading Fast Charge patch has probably not been added to this kernel. Thus enabling fast charge in settings with the apk is probably not going to do much.

Corrections appreciated.

Last edited:

netter.159

Feb 21, 2013
a few more questions:

1) What's missing/broken in this kernel?

2) do certain apps "break" the first time launched? I see it a lot with FlapJaxxx's kernel for JB...

3) does this kernel support blinking notification by using the 4 icon lights?

Top Liked Posts