[Free][App][2.3+] UNCOPT Holo File Browser w/ su, dual views

Search This thread

uncopt

Feb 17, 2013
UNCOPT File Browser is the nicest and most innovative Holo styled file browser for Android with root capabilities.

It provides all the features needed to browse and organize your pictures, files, documents and videos. It gives you access to the internal storage, sd card, external usb storage devices, internal filesystem and more (with plugins) .
Unlike other available file browsers on the market, UNCOPT File Browser also offers unique features:
  • Resizable split view: a simple swipe will split the screen in two and give the user two independent browsable panels that can be resized at will. File managing becomes even easier and more efficient.
  • Efficient archive browsing (zip, tar): unlike other apps, the archive content is never extracted in a temporary folder (or even in memory). The specific parts that need to be accessed (to display or send them) are streamed on access.
  • Nested archives: unlike other apps, nested archive content can be listed and accessed. To the user there is no difference between a folder, an archive and a nested archive in terms of browsing. Archives can be nested in multiple levels.
  • Keyboard navigation: the keyboard navigation is fully functional.
  • Simple action bar navigation with interactive path.
  • Automatic sync with MediaStore (Gallery) and the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection.
  • Complies completely with the Android Holo Style, even on Gingerbread.
On top of that you get all the usual features such as:
  • Browsing.
  • Copy/paste using official mechanism for compatibility with other apps.
  • Sort by file size, file name and modification date.
  • Create, delete, rename, send, bookmark files and folders.
  • Search.
  • Create zip files.
  • Shows thumbnails for APKs and images in gridview mode.
  • Multi file selection.
  • Local Network SMB protocol (windows shares), free plugin required.
  • Registers as a file picker so that other applications (such as gmail) can access the files too.
UNCOPT File Browser also provides tools for rooted devices:
  • Browse system files like any other (including system and user apps).
  • Change file permissions.
  • Automatically remount read-only filesystems as read-write.
  • suid/guid/sticky special permissions

Available on Google Play. Search for UNCOPT File Browser.

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Tried it, looks really awesome, but won't test more, as one of the critical features I need (and probably many others) is Cloud support (Dropbox, Gdrive, etc.)
But it really has the best UI I saw in a file manager, very smooth, looks awesome even on my Optimus One's small screen :D

Edit: Like a post below me, I also hope you keep getting it better, it truly has HUGE potential (holo Solid Explorer)
It is on XDA Portal, so...

Last edited:

nimrodity

Sep 9, 2008
www.thedroideffect.com
really an awesome looking app,great features too.

But there are some things i really miss right now or i would like to be changed maybe
-possbility to execute an apk(right now it just opens the content)
-drag and drop for files between the 2 tabs would be awesome
-maybe a possibilty to customize the view,like disable the file size part(because on a phone,even with 4,7" it takes up a lot of screen.
-sometimes it is a bit hard to hit the triangle for the menu of the file to show up

Edit
Just noticed I can hit the whole date/size space to open the file menu, nice
hope this amazing file explorer keeps updating,it really has a huge amount of potential :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: basuraunak

luciddreamin92

Im liking the whole Holo look and how it works to browse files, but I can't install simple apks? It just views it as if it was a zip files. i can easily install apks on other file browsers except this one? Maybe it's just me but thought i'd share the problem im having.

menbaosusu

Feb 18, 2013
Vancouver
finally found a simple yet powerful root file management app. Would be cool if there is an option to show the folder properties of the folder i.e. the amount of data inside the folder.

Allstar1000

Oct 13, 2011
AW: [Free][App][2.3+] UNCOPT Holo File Browser w/ su, dual views

I like the file browser good work keep updating it

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk 2

xateeq

Oct 19, 2010
Amazing File Manager, only issue i saw was unable to play via lan (directly).
Es and other do it perfectly.
Other than that 5 Stars.

jarayn

Aug 6, 2012
Love the App! Got the paid version.

As along with the rest, installing an APK is a mandatory must!

Am sure this will be in an updated version ;)

MD

Odd, I hate this feature on es, its the first thing I turn off. Many apps dont install with that. Why do you want it at all?

The file borwser looks great, thanks. The only thing is the icon, its not great :)

nodq

May 22, 2010
Looks good so far. But currently not usable for me. Some things are missing, like cloud. And if you press on pictures they don't open, you have to go through the context menu. Thats kinda annoying. And it laggs on Galaxy s3 (CM 10.1) while scrolling. But the idea is good, im looking forward to future versions of it. Thanks.

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Odd, I hate this feature on es, its the first thing I turn off. Many apps dont install with that. Why do you want it at all?

Ummmmm..... to sideload apks for testing :confused: Why "wouldn't" you want that feature?

You'll find there are other places to get apk's other than the Play Store. XDA for example. Other than tossing them in /system/app which is rather counter-productive, the only option is to install via FM.

MD

Ciphersbak

Feb 16, 2013
Thank You!

great browser ... keep up the good work.

feature would haves

1. Cloud integration
2. 7Zip integration

:good::good:

Cheers,
Geek endangered

creeve4

Jan 5, 2011
Bountiful
App icons are shown in grid view, but not in list view.

Also, as others have said, installing apks is a must

Last edited:

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Ummmmm..... to sideload apks for testing :confused: Why "wouldn't" you want that feature?

You'll find there are other places to get apk's other than the Play Store. XDA for example. Other than tossing them in /system/app which is rather counter-productive, the only option is to install via FM.

MD

I think he misunderstood... ES has a feature to install apps without the package installer... it just installs in the background

uncopt

Feb 17, 2013
Thank you all for your feedback.
We're working hard to add all the features you requested.

As for the apks, you can install them by clicking on the thumb (bottom right corner of the row/cell). It will bring up the dropdown menu. Click open and it should do the trick.

A lot of people are complaining about it (not only to install apks but also to open a file), we'll try to make it more obvious.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UNCOPT File Browser is the nicest and most innovative Holo styled file browser for Android with root capabilities.

It provides all the features needed to browse and organize your pictures, files, documents and videos. It gives you access to the internal storage, sd card, external usb storage devices, internal filesystem and more (with plugins) .
    Unlike other available file browsers on the market, UNCOPT File Browser also offers unique features:
    • Resizable split view: a simple swipe will split the screen in two and give the user two independent browsable panels that can be resized at will. File managing becomes even easier and more efficient.
    • Efficient archive browsing (zip, tar): unlike other apps, the archive content is never extracted in a temporary folder (or even in memory). The specific parts that need to be accessed (to display or send them) are streamed on access.
    • Nested archives: unlike other apps, nested archive content can be listed and accessed. To the user there is no difference between a folder, an archive and a nested archive in terms of browsing. Archives can be nested in multiple levels.
    • Keyboard navigation: the keyboard navigation is fully functional.
    • Simple action bar navigation with interactive path.
    • Automatic sync with MediaStore (Gallery) and the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection.
    • Complies completely with the Android Holo Style, even on Gingerbread.
    On top of that you get all the usual features such as:
    • Browsing.
    • Copy/paste using official mechanism for compatibility with other apps.
    • Sort by file size, file name and modification date.
    • Create, delete, rename, send, bookmark files and folders.
    • Search.
    • Create zip files.
    • Shows thumbnails for APKs and images in gridview mode.
    • Multi file selection.
    • Local Network SMB protocol (windows shares), free plugin required.
    • Registers as a file picker so that other applications (such as gmail) can access the files too.
    UNCOPT File Browser also provides tools for rooted devices:
    • Browse system files like any other (including system and user apps).
    • Change file permissions.
    • Automatically remount read-only filesystems as read-write.
    • suid/guid/sticky special permissions

Available on Google Play. Search for UNCOPT File Browser.
    R: [Free][App][2.3+] UNCOPT Holo File Browser w/ su, dual views

Free Version : http://goo.gl/5RKDm

Full Version : http://goo.gl/m9ksq

Lan PlugIn : http://goo.gl/hD30T
    A new version has been released with some of the features requested from feedback:

• Added details dialog that displays MD5 hash for files, and content size for folders, along with other information.
    • Added menu to switch from grid/list view and to toggle the filter on/off for pick mode.
    • Added option to add a custom mime type in the settings (layout is not optimal, we will tweak it later on).
    • Added option to change the default icon.
    We have released a new version (available on Google Play), fixed a few things and added some of your suggestions:
    • You can now open items by simply clicking on them, no need to use the dropdown.
    • Added exit menu on home page.
    • Fixed various bugs caused by sym links.
    • Fixed permissions dialog alignment on gingerbread.
    • Fixed rename option not always being enabled when it should.
    • Fixed crash with filenames containing '!'.
    • Fixed rare crash on plugin initialization.
    • Fixed several other small issues.
    I would also like to see a nice progress dialog for file copying. The spinner works only for file transfers that take a few seconds.

We need something like that:
    screenshot6osxh.png