Android 4.2.2 / 5.0

Search This thread

tap007

Jan 21, 2013
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/03/18...roid-5-0-for-the-galaxy-s-iii-galaxy-note-ii/

* End at Android 4.2.2 update.
GT-I9080 – Galaxy Grand
GT-I9082 – Galaxy Grand DUOS
GT-I8190 – Galaxy S III mini
GT-I8730 – Galaxy Express
GT-I9100 – Galaxy S II
GT-I9105 – Galaxy S II Plus
GT-I9260 – Galaxy Premier
GT-N7000 – Galaxy Note
GT-S6310 – Galaxy Young
GT-S6312 – Galaxy Young DUOS
GT-S6810 – Galaxy Fame
GT-S7710 – Galaxy X Cover 2

To get Android 5.0.
GT-I9300 – Galaxy S III
GT-I9305 – Galaxy S III LTE
GT-I9500 – Galaxy S 4
GT-I9505 – Galaxy S 4 LTE
GT-N5100 – Galaxy Note 8.0
GT-N5105 – Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE
GT-N5110 – Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi
GT-N7100 – Galaxy Note II
GT-N7105 – Galaxy Note II LTE
GT-N8000 – Galaxy Note 10.1
GT-N8005 – Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE
GT-N8010 – Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi

Remember this is an pre-list. (Samsung could still change devices!)
Do not ask for other devices, if we know more we will tell you.
* List is not complete yet!

bykevin

Oct 26, 2012
It must be a fake news .

GT-I9080 – Galaxy Grand
GT-I8160 – Galaxy Ace 2
GT-I8350 – Galaxy Beam

'GT-I8350 – Galaxy Beam'

'i8530 ' not 'i8350'

Galaxy Beam still at android 2.3.6 .and getting 4.2.2 is RIDICULOUS !!!!!

Last edited:

steyen

Feb 22, 2012
i hope Samsung will not wait until 5.0 is out but upate to 4.2.2 first .

Can Someone Confirm how Samsung does at the last updates ?

Greetz Steyen

Adrians620

Dec 22, 2012
It'll be amazing if Samsung release android 4.2.2 for galaxy note 10.1 users before summer and it improves the good performance we can get for the quad core processor.

mke1973

Dec 3, 2010
If you look at comments on Google code, you'll see that Bluetooth remains broken in 4.2.2. This is totally unawesome and Google seems unable or unwilling to fix their code.

Reactions: brecklundin

quinman22

Mar 1, 2010
If you look at comments on Google code, you'll see that Bluetooth remains broken in 4.2.2. This is totally unawesome and Google seems unable or unwilling to fix their code.

Totally fixable issue. I'm currently using cm10.1 which is 4.2.2 and typing on a Bluetooth keyboard.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

mke1973

Dec 3, 2010
Totally fixable issue. I'm currently using cm10.1 which is 4.2.2 and typing on a Bluetooth keyboard.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

The BT issue is especially pervasive with any type of audio headsets (many can't establish any connection with audio BT), although some users are reporting that other BT devices will connect but then disconnect, requiring a reboot to be usable again. I hate to see what Android merged into Chrome will look like. Google's size may not really improve its products. Google is also terrible at interacting with its customers. So many times they never respond to bug reports on Google Code even if a multitude of users confirm its existence. They're morphing into a new version of MS.

pwatkins

Dec 13, 2012
Cape Town
The BT issue is especially pervasive with any type of audio headsets (many can't establish any connection with audio BT), although some users are reporting that other BT devices will connect but then disconnect, requiring a reboot to be usable again. I hate to see what Android merged into Chrome will look like. Google's size may not really improve its products. Google is also terrible at interacting with its customers. So many times they never respond to bug reports on Google Code even if a multitude of users confirm its existence. They're morphing into a new version of MS.
I am begining to love the Nexus concept. It's where all the major bugs in Android get found, which make the system unusable for Nexus users - before Samsung release a fixed and tested version a few months later!

So much for the Google Android purists -LOL!

Last edited:

mke1973

Dec 3, 2010
curious, I have bt working on my cheap ainol tablet running 4.2 (own build) audio no issues at all,
maybe its a chipset issue, got a link to the bleating (I mean google code bugreports?)

I think Google isn't adequately beta testing, asuming the Nexus aficionados who buy the devices for "native" Android are geeky enough to tolerate bugs. However, the Bluetooth bug has been draging on for 5 months and tempers are flairing, especially since Google isn't responding. Other manufacturers that are putting an interface on top of Google's code seem to be putting out better products at the moment.

HUYI

Dec 23, 2010

they never do fix they code, hence the jellybean resource hog problem/ OTG problem.

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
What is the Bluetooth problem about ?

Don't notice any problem in the note

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

mke1973

Dec 3, 2010

You are on Jellybean 4.1.2 if you're on the updated sock ROM. Google put out an increnental update last fall with the Jelly Bean designation 4.2, this update has killed Bluetooth. Most Nexus device users, who are the consumers who've gotten this update are reporting that audio Bluetooth is completely dead and that other Bluetooth devices may connect briefly but then disconnect and the device must be rebooted. Google has been silent on this issue in the Google Code forums and 2 subsequent updates, 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 have not fixed it. Users in the Google Code forums are frustrated as this problem has existed for almost 5 months and Google is dead silent on the issue.

Reactions: klau1

TheWerewolf

Nov 24, 2006
Surrey, BC
Also, Goog hasn't implemented BTLE, which means there's a TON of devices like Nike's FUEL band that can't be made to work with any Android device. Almost every Android device made since the middle of last year has a BT4+LE chipset but can't use it except by bringing in a third party library - and since there's different chipsets, it's a pain to support all the different devices - so no one supports any of them.

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
You are on Jellybean 4.1.2 if you're on the updated sock ROM. Google put out an increnental update last fall with the Jelly Bean designation 4.2, this update has killed Bluetooth. Most Nexus device users, who are the consumers who've gotten this update are reporting that audio Bluetooth is completely dead and that other Bluetooth devices may connect briefly but then disconnect and the device must be rebooted. Google has been silent on this issue in the Google Code forums and 2 subsequent updates, 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 have not fixed it. Users in the Google Code forums are frustrated as this problem has existed for almost 5 months and Google is dead silent on the issue.

Wow, what a fail for Nexus.

What's the point of trading off immensely useful micro SD slot for useless pure android experience?

mke1973

Dec 3, 2010
Wow, what a fail for Nexus.

What's the point of trading off immensely useful micro SD slot for useless pure android experience?

Speculation is that the strategy on dropping the micro sd is to ultimately drive more users to Google cloud storage (and ultimately fees for Google). Given the shift of responsibility for Android development to the manager for Chrome, tech publications see Google merging Android into Chrome. I suspect that it will be a mess. The big question is whether Google code writing and beta testing will improve. I'm not going to hold my breath.

salmonsushi

Dec 12, 2008
Based on past experience on the time Sammy takes to update. Let me guess, our key lime pie will be ready in 2015?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.sammobile.com/2013/03/18...roid-5-0-for-the-galaxy-s-iii-galaxy-note-ii/

GT-I9080 – Galaxy Grand
    GT-I8730 – Galaxy Express
    GT-I9100 – Galaxy S II
    GT-I9105 – Galaxy S II Plus
    GT-I9260 – Galaxy Premier
    GT-N7000 – Galaxy Note
    GT-S6310 – Galaxy Young
    GT-S6312 – Galaxy Young DUOS
    GT-S6810 – Galaxy Fame
    GT-S7710 – Galaxy X Cover 2

To get Android 5.0.
    GT-I9300 – Galaxy S III
    GT-I9305 – Galaxy S III LTE
    GT-I9500 – Galaxy S 4
    GT-I9505 – Galaxy S 4 LTE
    GT-N5100 – Galaxy Note 8.0
    GT-N5105 – Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE
    GT-N5110 – Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi
    GT-N7100 – Galaxy Note II
    GT-N7105 – Galaxy Note II LTE
    GT-N8000 – Galaxy Note 10.1
    GT-N8005 – Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE
    GT-N8010 – Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi

Remember this is an pre-list. (Samsung could still change devices!)
    Do not ask for other devices, if we know more we will tell you.
    * List is not complete yet!
    I've waited for the 4.2.2 update last May 31 to June 3 then no OTA update !. this is annoying. :(

Send from my Awesome phone

Samsung has not announced any specific dates for 4.2.2. In fact, they haven't even officially announced that updates will happen at all. This is based on one report on a techblog.

So don't get yer knickers in a knot just yet.

Fake and Fail!

I've waited for the 4.2.2 update last May 31 to June 3 then no OTA update !. this is annoying. :(

Send from my Awesome phone