[Q] stuck in a boot loop when starting up phone

Search This thread

drivermcgee

Nov 23, 2013
while getting things ready to update to the new lte nightlys, i was doing a backup. during the backup i realized my sd was almost full but to late already started my backup. well during backup my phone restarted like 2 or 3 times. it finally finished the backup. however my phone will no longer restart without going into a bootloop. i am thinking that my sd is full and hopefully that is the cause. is there a way to delete files in recovery mode. i have never had too many problems while updating. any help would greatly be appreciated. i can get the phone into recovery but i am afraid if i don't get rid of some data my phone will not start back up correctly.

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
while getting things ready to update to the new lte nightlys, i was doing a backup. during the backup i realized my sd was almost full but to late already started my backup. well during backup my phone restarted like 2 or 3 times. it finally finished the backup. however my phone will no longer restart without going into a bootloop. i am thinking that my sd is full and hopefully that is the cause. is there a way to delete files in recovery mode. i have never had too many problems while updating. any help would greatly be appreciated. i can get the phone into recovery but i am afraid if i don't get rid of some data my phone will not start back up correctly.

Well you could push aroma file manager with adb, or put it on an external sd card, then flash the zip in recovery and have a way to create space.

It's a super easy program, flash it like any file and a file manager opens up. Then you can delete what you want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

drivermcgee

Nov 23, 2013
Well you could push aroma file manager with adb, or put it on an external sd card, then flash the zip in recovery and have a way to create space.

It's a super easy program, flash it like any file and a file manager opens up. Then you can delete what you want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for the info. i will add that file manager. i went ahead and did a factory reset. that solved my issue, but having that file manager next time would have saved me some time. if i make the same mistake again i will have that as my go to solution.