[Q] Battery app for Surface RT

Search This thread

Montastic

Nov 8, 2012
Hey Guys,
Is there a decent app for monitoring battery life on Surface RT? Haven't seen one in the store and would like to see how everyone monitors their battery lives.
Thanks!

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
I just spend almost all my time on the desktop (where the battery icon shows)... that and I charge the tablet every other day whether it needs it or not, or daily if I used it heavily, and that works pretty well.

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
Not hard largely irrelivant from a Windows POV, and lets remember that RT is just a port of normal Win8 with all the bits yuo really wanted, removed...

Reactions: pauliusba

KJ98653

Aug 24, 2011
I don't understand why phones, tablets, and what not seemingly don't default to a % view. And not this circle crap. Or number within a battery icon. Give me just a number and a % behind it and I'll die a happy man.

Montastic

Nov 8, 2012
Android does good job of plotting the graph of battery usage. That's what I want.

I know you can always do it from command prompt (powercfg /batteryusage) but I want it just as a setting.
Should've been easy to implement. Or provide it as an app extra.

Too bad we don't have that! :(

Last edited:

mr_dan

Nov 23, 2010
yeah surface has many flaws.. to be honest.. its really a little weird... like and oxymoron.. they were so precise when trying to best ipads hardware.. looks and ergonomics... everything.... and then... bam, no % and no drawing in touch based Onenote... just wtf..

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
no drawing in touch based Onenote....
No CAPACITIVE drawing in touch based onenote. Wacom and Sony stylus's work perfectly fine in the modernui mode for onenote. Also you can fullscreen the desktop version of one-note and it looks the same while supporting touch based drawing without a stylus.

kbagrows

Jun 21, 2010
Chicago
Reactions: demandarin

slyi

Apr 19, 2009
I did a crude app that is countdown timer for your battery % apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/battery-level-live-tile/519ce2be-0433-4dcc-a830-5982f9934799

There no battery api currently, you have think outside the sandbox. It has an advanced option to create a scheduled task that drops the real battery percentage to the app's local storage which works on surface RT. Im crossing my fingers it does not get pulled from the store

Top Liked Posts