Possible photo recovery? Deleted via ES File Explorer

Search This thread

brian117

Feb 22, 2011
Cleveland, OH
This is more of a general Android question rather than a Galaxy S4 question but hopefully somebody has knowledge about it on this board. Basically I had some old, nostalgic pictures that were saved to my external SD card first, and then moved to my internal memory into a special folder via ES File Explorer and I ended up deleting them because I thought I wouldn't need them anymore. I deleted them from my internal memory via ES File Explorer. Mind you, I HAVE done several wipes of internal storage from installing ROM's and whatnot so I honestly think it's beyond unrecoverable.

Do you think there are copies of the pictures saved on my external SD card that a super highpowered recovery program would find since the pictures were put on there first and then moved? Or am I really **** out of luck? I don't know how data recovery works from media storage but I thought maybe these could be recovered.

I have tried using DiskDigger made specifically for Android and scanning internal memory and it did turn up some old pictures but not the ones I was hoping for. Wondering if there's some other method maybe?

KRAZYADROIDMASTER

Feb 1, 2011
I have to look in my tech dvds for a applications that I use.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Apr 26, 2011
Try recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva

If nothing else has been written over the files, they will still be recoverable, as deleting a file only marks the space as usable. If anything has written over that space, however, you are unfortunately SoL. There are higher end recovery software suites that will help recovery partial files and whatnot, but recuva is super easy to use and is free, so I would start there.

braschlosan

Sep 11, 2009
OnePlus 8T
I have tried using DiskDigger made specifically for Android and scanning internal memory and it did turn up some old pictures but not the ones I was hoping for. Wondering if there's some other method maybe?

Are you sure you scanned the right location? Depending on the camera app and its settings they can be stored on both the internal and external sd card. I'ved used DiskDigger numerous times and it found very old images.

By chance, would this be a 64gb microsd?

brian117

Feb 22, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Are you sure you scanned the right location? Depending on the camera app and its settings they can be stored on both the internal and external sd card. I'ved used DiskDigger numerous times and it found very old images.

By chance, would this be a 64gb microsd?

No it's a 32GB. I scanned data for internal and scanned my external card yes. Strange thing is it would display the pictures I already have saved and would make the list really long so going through it was a pain. I'll try it again tonight but I doubt it will work.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

braschlosan

Sep 11, 2009
OnePlus 8T
No it's a 32GB. I scanned data for internal and scanned my external card yes. Strange thing is it would display the pictures I already have saved and would make the list really long so going through it was a pain. I'll try it again tonight but I doubt it will work.

I asked about the card size because I got burnt with a fake 64gb card. Once it was about 6gb full images would start to corrupt or vanish and I couldnt recover them.

Reactions: brian117

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I asked about the card size because I got burnt with a fake 64gb card. Once it was about 6gb full images would start to corrupt or vanish and I couldnt recover them.