T-Mobile software update - not Kit Kat

Search This thread

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
Eh I don't know, the WiFi connects much faster and WiFi Calling connects even when screen off and holds connection far better. Before I would have to wake device to get WiFi Calling to connect even if the WiFi was connected anytime it first would connect to an in range network.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the update is different than the firmware from LG? I installed 10g directly from LG and still have WiFi Calling issues where it disconnects when the phone sleeps and calls don't come through.

ILLHYHL

Oct 16, 2011
Philadelphia
I dont get why its taking this long to get kit kat on our phones.

I have a friend who is korean, and he said they came out with the kit kat not long after the phone came out in Korea...

Sent from LG G2

DornoDiosMio

Nov 28, 2012
Houston
You need to change the fingerprint in your build.prop to match the new update. If someone could screenshot the section
7yhagaty.jpg

I could write up a little guide.
Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

I think I could figure out how to do this, if only I knew what the fingerprint of the update was. If you figure it out make sure to update and let us know!

I don't want to take the update as I'm running the Energy rom on a D800 with TWRP, so, always a chance it may break something.

I did reset google services framework data for now and that removed notification, but, of course it will be back in time.

Reactions: tmanschuette

qpinto

Dec 8, 2011
Miami, Fl
i did the upgrade this morning. Wifi connectivity is faster, data seems more reliable so far. phone feels a little snappier. the settings menu's are grouped now compared to before. also when streaming music via bluetooth, if I get ANY NOTIFICATION with sound it stops playing music and doesnt resume again until i go into pandora or play music and press play manually. Its kinda like how the sgs3 and sgs4 stop the music for a text and then continue but this one doesnt continue. this also applies to streaming bluetooth audio and scrolling through instagram. this big did NOT exist before this update.

Im really temped to go back to the original shipped software just because of that audio stopping being annoying.

ILLHYHL

Oct 16, 2011
Philadelphia
i did the upgrade this morning. Wifi connectivity is faster, data seems more reliable so far. phone feels a little snappier. the settings menu's are grouped now compared to before. also when streaming music via bluetooth, if I get ANY NOTIFICATION with sound it stops playing music and doesnt resume again until i go into pandora or play music and press play manually. Its kinda like how the sgs3 and sgs4 stop the music for a text and then continue but this one doesnt continue. this also applies to streaming bluetooth audio and scrolling through instagram. this big did NOT exist before this update.

Im really temped to go back to the original shipped software just because of that audio stopping being annoying.

I decided to stay pre-ota until official kit kat rolls out.
Since this is very minor update, also keeping in mind with some other problems with the update that ive read about, i didnt want to get rid of twrp, get the ota, and spend hours setting my phone up the way i like it...

Honestly, i currently have great battery life, phone is fast enough for me, and i never had any sort of knock on issues that other people have mentioned in this thread.

So... yea. Im staying

Sent from LG G2

DornoDiosMio

Nov 28, 2012
Houston
I think this should work to disable the notification and prevent the update from d/l'ing, but, you will need root and seperate software. Going to test it myself now and will update shortly.

It was originally written for the Nexus 7, but, the D801 uses Google Services framework for updates also, which is why we can't just 'freeze' the update app like you can on other carriers. The original post was made here... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2429820

Here is how I disabled the upgrade prompt on the Nexus 7 grouper wifi 4.2.2 - You of course need to be rooted.

Get Autorun Manager from the market - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....autorun&hl=en or http://goo.gl/xdLmO

Launch Autorun Manager, select Advanced mode.

Click the wrench, check off Show system entries and Enable system app disable.

Click the refresh icon to reload the process list.

Search for "systemupdate" and open the Google Services Framework entry.

Uncheck com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService$ Receiver

*For me, this was the very last one in the list under Google Services Framework*

Reboot your *phone* and be nag free.

Edit - Market update notifications for apps is functioning normally.

Last edited:
Reactions: ayman86 and dw9906

scmurphy13

Feb 6, 2009
Birch Bay, WA
Did the OTA update tonight and after the reboot my touchscreen will not work. Can't unlock the phone. Can't do anything. Tried a soft reboot and nothing.

mannequin

Feb 7, 2011
New York
so to sum the update up (updated with the prerooted one from the t-mobile thread without any issues): wifi/data connection seems more reliable, they fixed the fonts, brightness slider stays put once auto brightness is enabled (the annoying lower brightness screen auto adjustment seems to be gone too!), touch screen issues (which i had very rarely to begin with) are not there anymore but surely this needs more testing.

Super Grover

Oct 5, 2013
The auto brightness on my phone has gone to **** since I've installed this update. My screen is in a perpetual state of dim now and I've had to turn off auto brightness entirely.

penguin5897

Aug 21, 2008
Odessa, Texas
I had something strange happen today. I had already received and installed the update, but then I got a notification this afternoon about another update. Installed that one as well, but it doesn't seem like anything has changed. Has anyone seen this?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ldsurftech

Apr 19, 2010
Gilroy
Biggest change I have seen ids my service connecting to let its a lot better and camera seems faster as well as keyboard

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

magestic1995

Jun 18, 2011
Just got the update last night. Flashed to stock to install it and factory reset. Doesn't seem to different yet. I'll get back with any changes. Rooted with ioroot19

eadred

Jan 21, 2010
Guys, I need help. I have international d802, rooted, ,twrp installed. I got today the software update notfication. Downloaded, installed. Said it needs reboot. It now always reboot to twrp. cannot reboot to system. Stuck. So I restored with a backup.
What should I do to instal the software update without this loop?
Thanks for the help, this is urgent!

rebar71

Mar 26, 2012
Austin, TX
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
I noticed this update available this morning. I waited until after work to let it install. Anyway...not sure what's different yet, but the software version still says D80110c.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

SmiLey497

May 7, 2009
SF, CA - NYC
I had something strange happen today. I had already received and installed the update, but then I got a notification this afternoon about another update. Installed that one as well, but it doesn't seem like anything has changed. Has anyone seen this?

What software version is it? Is it still 80110g?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think this should work to disable the notification and prevent the update from d/l'ing, but, you will need root and seperate software. Going to test it myself now and will update shortly.

It was originally written for the Nexus 7, but, the D801 uses Google Services framework for updates also, which is why we can't just 'freeze' the update app like you can on other carriers. The original post was made here... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2429820

Here is how I disabled the upgrade prompt on the Nexus 7 grouper wifi 4.2.2 - You of course need to be rooted.

Get Autorun Manager from the market - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....autorun&hl=en or http://goo.gl/xdLmO

Launch Autorun Manager, select Advanced mode.

Click the wrench, check off Show system entries and Enable system app disable.

Click the refresh icon to reload the process list.

Search for "systemupdate" and open the Google Services Framework entry.

Uncheck com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService$ Receiver

*For me, this was the very last one in the list under Google Services Framework*

Reboot your *phone* and be nag free.

Edit - Market update notifications for apps is functioning normally.
    Didn't see this posted so I thought I'd share. I bricked my phone and used the LG Mobile Launcher upgrade recovery. The software it installed ended in g, not c. Don't know what it fixes, but zoom breathing is still present while recording a video.

2013-12-18-01-53-16.png
    Bah,....d80110G's is too.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

kernel is newer, from Nov 27, seems snappier to me.
    yeah, I don't think they did anything to the camera. It still has that annoying breathing issue with the focus. They might have fixed the Knock Knock issues some people were having with the screen not coming on consistently. I haven't noticed that I have had to double tap multiple times for the screen to come on so far.

Update: Unfortunately problems starts to appear as I use the phone.