Knox is preventing me from doing anything! Please help!

Search This thread

PlagasX

Jan 18, 2014
Hey guys,

I have a Galaxy S4 (M919) with 4.3.

I'm a first time rooter and I just did a root using the GalaxyS4root.com tutorial. I used the Clock Work mod recovery method and have installed Supersu version 0.99.zip.

Now when I reboot after rooting successfully I try to launch Supersu and I get a "Unfortauntely Supersu has stopped" message. I have read around on google about the Knox security issues and tried also updating via the Play store but when I launch the app now i get

"There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it! This is a problem!" :crying:

I don't understand this because I rooted it following the instructions exactly and it seems everything went through fine...Why is this happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Hey guys,

I have a Galaxy S4 (M919) with 4.3.

I'm a first time rooter and I just did a root using the GalaxyS4root.com tutorial. I used the Clock Work mod recovery method and have installed Supersu version 0.99.zip.

Now when I reboot after rooting successfully I try to launch Supersu and I get a "Unfortauntely Supersu has stopped" message. I have read around on google about the Knox security issues and tried also updating via the Play store but when I launch the app now i get

"There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it! This is a problem!" :crying:

I don't understand this because I rooted it following the instructions exactly and it seems everything went through fine...Why is this happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Either flash an updated version of SuperSU or try CF Autoroot

PlagasX

Jan 18, 2014
Either flash an updated version of SuperSU or try CF Autoroot

Okay I will try that. Also, I have checked the status and it says "Custom"... Does this mean It is actually rooted but it's just not being detected yet?? Would I have to revert back to stock Samsung before I try CF Autoroot?

Thanks

PlagasX

Jan 18, 2014
Just try CfAutoroot or go to chainfire's website and download latest version of supersu and flash it.

☞ Sent from here☜???

Omg it worked!! I used Autoroot.. Thanks so much.

By the way, what do you recommend I do next after I root? Is there something that I should immediately install first?

Thanks so much.

re: whats next

By the way, what do you recommend I do next after I root? Is there something that I should immediately install first?

Thanks so much.

Next step is go to the playstore and download/install Goomanager. (free app)
Once it's installed open it & click the menu key and select "Install OpenRecoveryScript".

When that's done you will have the latest TWRP custom recovery in your phone and you
will be ready to flash any compatible custom roms found here in this M919 forum.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: thakrew317

thakrew317

Apr 5, 2012
greenwood, indiana
OnePlus 8
Once it's installed open it & click the menu key and select "Install OpenRecoveryScript".

When that's done you will have the latest TWRP custom recovery in your phone and you
will be ready to flash any compatible custom roms found here in this M919 forum.

Good luck!

Ahhhh thank your for this I been trying to install twrp for a couple days now I didn't know that option was there ha I don't care for cwm thanks bub

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: whats next

Thanks so much.

Good luck!