32 GB nook HD+ only recognizes 16 gb

Search This thread

lexdad86

Dec 2, 2009
Hey everyone,

I try not to post much and figure out stuff on my own by reading through the threads but I'm having trouble fixing a Nook HD+ 32 GB that I bought last winter for my son and I rooted it and was running cm10 fine. Upgraded to CM11 and I lost 16 GB of storage somehow so then I've tried flashing the stock ROM and still having the same issue. Is there a way that maybe the partition tables got messed up? And is there a way to reset completely back to stock and reset the partitions?

Thanks all!

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Hey everyone,

I try not to post much and figure out stuff on my own by reading through the threads but I'm having trouble fixing a Nook HD+ 32 GB that I bought last winter for my son and I rooted it and was running cm10 fine. Upgraded to CM11 and I lost 16 GB of storage somehow so then I've tried flashing the stock ROM and still having the same issue. Is there a way that maybe the partition tables got messed up? And is there a way to reset completely back to stock and reset the partitions?

Thanks all!
You may have lost some of the storage with old media files that are hidden. Try booting to CWM and going to mounts and storage and format 'data and datamedia'. That clears out all of data including new and old media files.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

lexdad86

Dec 2, 2009
Hey thank you for your suggestion, had some personal stuff going on and just now had a chance to try your recommendation about formatting the data and datamedia in CWM and flashed the newest CM11 ovation build (10/20/14) and am only showing 12.67 gb of total space. Any other ideas about what could be causing the space/storage not to appear?

Thank you again for everyone's help.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Hey thank you for your suggestion, had some personal stuff going on and just now had a chance to try your recommendation about formatting the data and datamedia in CWM and flashed the newest CM11 ovation build (10/20/14) and am only showing 12.67 gb of total space. Any other ideas about what could be causing the space/storage not to appear?

Are you sure it is a 32GB model? Do you still have the box that says what it is? Do you have an SD inserted? Could you be looking at the SD instead of internal memory?

Use your root file manager to look at /data to see how large it is.

Reactions: lexdad86

Tzul

Jun 25, 2014
Start an adb shell or a terminal app, then enter this command:
Code:
cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name
Or just use a good file manager to take a look at the contents of that file. It'll tell you the name of the flash chip, which can be used to find out if it's really 32 GB.

Some examples:
SEM16G and MAG2GA are 16 GB.
SEM32G and MBG4GA are 32 GB.

Last edited:
Reactions: lexdad86

lexdad86

Dec 2, 2009
Thank you everyone for your help, after doing some further digging discovered that it is a 16 GB Nook HD+ and not the 32 GB that I paid for so I gotta take up the issue with the site I bought it from but just wanted to say thank you again for your advice and suggestions!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Are you sure it is a 32GB model? Do you still have the box that says what it is? Do you have an SD inserted? Could you be looking at the SD instead of internal memory?

Use your root file manager to look at /data to see how large it is.

Start an adb shell or a terminal app, then enter this command:
    Code:
    cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name
    Or just use a good file manager to take a look at the contents of that file. It'll tell you the name of the flash chip, which can be used to find out if it's really 32 GB.

Some examples:
    SEM16G and MAG2GA are 16 GB.
    SEM32G and MBG4GA are 32 GB.