[HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zecanilis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 22, 2008
Aveiro
  1. You need to download the firmware of your device. Please check here the The_ERROR thread wich explains it very well:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=865479
  2. Download KDZ updater from here and uncompress it
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8651505&postcount=1
  3. Install msxml.msi from the uncompressed directory
  4. Conect your device (do not turn on disk storage) and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (Has administrator).
  5. Select Type : 3GQCT
  6. Select PhoneMode : DIAG
  7. In KDZ file : Choose the ROM file you downloaded in the first step
  8. Press Launch software update and wait (It will be 10 minutes or so). In your phone it will appear "Emergency mode". Wait until it reboots.
And you're done!

Cheers

INFO : I will not be responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk! Has everything envolving flashing, it allways has its risks!

EDIT: Please follow this thread to further reading and info:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1007244

Last edited:

SamdungSpambot

Dec 17, 2010
i rooted with z4 and loader custom image and installed amberhome 1.1

can i still do this to go back to original firmware eventhough i don't have a nand backup?

heaven666

Oct 8, 2010
yes you can. I rooted my phone, installed a custom recovery and megatron v1 (very good :cool:)
I tried yesterday this method and It works !!! Just a bug at first boot. I had to take off the battery at first boot because my phone has bugged at the first boot. I re-flashed a second time to be sure but after, It works perfect with the official rom

imapjonny

Nov 17, 2010
The best way is that u make a nandroid backup before flashing the first time and if u want the original rom flash the backup

SamdungSpambot

Dec 17, 2010
The best way is that u make a nandroid backup before flashing the first time and if u want the original rom flash the backup

Yeah I'm a Noob I made a NAND backup then formated the sd by accident when I was creating a ext3 partition...

Two more questions
Will this remove root and custom image?
My original firmware isn't available technically I can use any original rom right?

Thanks for the help.. First timer here

warfab

Nov 8, 2010
Cebu City
Can't successfully flash.

From my log file

Code:
 [R&D Test Tools Log File]

07:41:28 : Launching SW update  
07:41:28 : Unpacking KDZ   
07:41:40 : KDZ file extraced  
07:41:43 : Files were extracted.
07:41:43 : LGMobileDL Load.
07:42:11 : Port = 40
07:42:11 : Connecting to phone    
07:42:22 : Check Phone mode = 1
07:42:39 : Phone type check.......
07:42:39 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
07:42:40 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(11518)
07:42:40 : _DetachDLL Call
07:42:40 : _DetachDLL Call End
07:42:40 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\LGP500AT-00-V10e-ESA-XX-NOV-30-2010+0-DZ.dz
07:42:40 : Param : moduleDir = 
07:42:40 : Param : waitTime = 0
07:42:40 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1
07:42:40 : Param : PhoneMode = 1
07:42:40 : Param : BinVersion = V10E_00
07:42:40 : Param : AuthMark = 11518
07:42:40 : Call fn_StartUpgrade
07:43:01 : 3GQCT : wParam = 4, lParam = 0
07:43:01 : Step Complete : DLOAD Change
07:49:41 : 3GQCT : wParam = 100, lParam = 6
07:49:41 : Step : Upgrade Error error code = 6
07:49:41 : ResetStartInfo() Call
07:49:41 : _DetachDLL Call
07:49:41 : _DetachDLL Call End
07:49:42 : FreeLibrary Call
07:49:42 : FreeLibrary Call End
07:49:42 : ResetStartInfo() Call End
07:49:43 : ===FINISHED===

Zecanilis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 22, 2008
Aveiro
You are trying to flash the new firmware.
I can't garantee it works.

Cheers

Edit: Try to flash it with other PC. DOn't forget to install msxml.msi and the LG drivers.

Last edited:

socialdistortion

Dec 9, 2010
@Warfab The new firmware should have been installed successfully. I've down it.

Have you installed msxml.msi. And do check if the kdz updater can read the phone. just hit the read phone info button.

And try to run kdz updater in admin mode...

warfab

Nov 8, 2010
Cebu City
@Warfab The new firmware should have been installed successfully. I've down it.

Have you installed msxml.msi. And do check if the kdz updater can read the phone. just hit the read phone info button.

And try to run kdz updater in admin mode...

Already installed msxml.msi before using kdz updater. If I try to "Read phone information" from kdz updater, kdz updater hangs after a few minutes.

BTW, I can't successfully sync my contacts using LG PC Suite IV but I can successfully sync other items like bookmarks, etc. It's only the contacts that have problem syncing.

socialdistortion

Dec 9, 2010
Already installed msxml.msi before using kdz updater. If I try to "Read phone information" from kdz updater, kdz updater hangs after a few minutes.

BTW, I can't successfully sync my contacts using LG PC Suite IV but I can successfully sync other items like bookmarks, etc. It's only the contacts that have problem syncing.

I too cannot sync my contacts using LG suite. Export your contacts as .vcf file and save it to sd card. And then import from the sd card.

Regarding the other problem, the kdz updater hangs if you run it and then even touch the phone :p (I too faced this problem). Run the software and keep your phone at least 5 ft away from you :p till the job finishes ;):D
Don't operate your phone after you launch the kdz updater...

warfab

Nov 8, 2010
Cebu City
I too cannot sync my contacts using LG suite. Export your contacts as .vcf file and save it to sd card. And then import from the sd card.

Don't have problems with backing up contacts since I found other ways which don't involve the LG PC Suite :D

Regarding the other problem, the kdz updater hangs if you run it and then even touch the phone :p (I too faced this problem). Run the software and keep your phone at least 5 ft away from you :p till the job finishes ;):D
Don't operate your phone after you launch the kdz updater...

So you're saying it has something to do with the proximity sensor? Okay will try anything. Will do the update later :D

warfab

Nov 8, 2010
Cebu City
No no, this has got nothing to do with the proximity sensor. Just don't operate the phone while you use kdz operator ;)

The thing is, I don't operate the phone while updating and it's still giving me the same error. I just turn on the phone then press the update button. That's it. No messing with the phone while phone is the process of being updated.

socialdistortion

Dec 9, 2010
The thing is, I don't operate the phone while updating and it's still giving me the same error. I just turn on the phone then press the update button. That's it. No messing with the phone while phone is the process of being updated.

Strange. Are you sure the KDZ updater identifies the phone.

Try reinstalling the drivers in your PC. Better still try to use another PC. I installed the firmware with no problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. You need to download the firmware of your device. Please check here the The_ERROR thread wich explains it very well:
      http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=865479
    2. Download KDZ updater from here and uncompress it
      http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8651505&postcount=1
    3. Install msxml.msi from the uncompressed directory
    4. Conect your device (do not turn on disk storage) and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (Has administrator).
    5. Select Type : 3GQCT
    6. Select PhoneMode : DIAG
    7. In KDZ file : Choose the ROM file you downloaded in the first step
    8. Press Launch software update and wait (It will be 10 minutes or so). In your phone it will appear "Emergency mode". Wait until it reboots.
    And you're done!

Cheers

INFO : I will not be responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk! Has everything envolving flashing, it allways has its risks!

EDIT: Please follow this thread to further reading and info:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1007244
    My experience with ROOTing an Indian LG P500 (GSM)

UPDATE: I have created a thread with instrucions for downgrading stock firmware, rooting, installing android sdk, installing custom recovery etc. HERE. The instructions are more detailed in that thread.

As far as I know, there are only 4 firmware releases for the unbranded Indian P500 GSM model to date - V10B_00.kdz (android2.2) , V10C_00.kdz (android2.2.1), V10D_00.kdz (android2.2.2) & V10E_00.kdz (android2.2.2).
    http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/AINDBK/V10b_00/V10B_00.kdz , http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/AINDBK/V10c_00/V10C_00.kdz, http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/AINDBK/V10d_00/V10D_00.kdz & http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/AINDBK/V10e_00/V10E_00.kdz respectively.

Phone with stock V10B is rootable while those with stock V10C or stock V10D are not yet rootable.

So, for phones that came with 2.2.1 or 2.2.2 on board, rooting first involves downgradiing the firmware to 2.2.

I shall elaborate on the procedure that I followed below. (I am doing this because being a noob, I spent 2 whole days reading the forums, collecting information lying scattered and unorganised, trying to understand the nuances of rooting the P500 phone and came to the conclusion that KDZ flashing (using KDZ-FW-UPD.exe) was the only way to get a stock firmware on an unrooted P500. I also became aware (worried sick) that it was a very risky affair and that the chances of bricking your phone were very high. I tried my luck and managed to complete the procedure without bricking the phone. I am on an emotional high at this point of time. So, I decided to share my experience with the community which helped me accomplish this and present all the data I possess in a single organised post. I do not consider this to be a TUTORIAL but I sincerely hope that this helps someone trying to root their phone.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE LENGTH OF THIS POST AS I WANT TO BE AS THOROUGH AS POSSIBLE.

Procedure to install original firmware using KDZ-FW-UPD.exe

[this procedure was used to install V10B_00.kdz(android2.2) over V10C_00.kdz(android2.2.1) on an unbranded Indian GSM model of LG P500 using a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit updated to date PC.]

1. Install LG PC Suite IV from SD card which came with phone by connecting the phone to PC through USB cable.(the procedure is as follows)
    - Enable the 'USB Mass Storage Only' mode in the phone's Settings/SDcard & PhoneStorage menu.
    - Connect phone to PC with the USB Cable.
    - Press the 'Turn On USB Storage' button which appears on phone.
    - Browse to the folder containing the 'LG PC Suite IV' on the phone/s SD card using Windows Explorer and run the LG Installer file. PC Suite will now install on your system along with the required drivers for your phone.
    - Cancel setting up PC Suite or continue setting up PC Suite if you want to Sync or backup the phone data.
    - After closing PC Suite, Safely remove the USB device from your system.
    - Press the 'Turn off USB Storage' button on phone screen.
    - Detach the USB Cable.
    - Disable the 'USB Mass Storage Only' mode in the phone's Settings/SDcard &PhoneStorage menu.

Alternatively, I also tried installing the latest drivers via LG Mobile Support Tool from LG's website (available here at http://www.lg.com/in/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp) but KDZ-FW-UPD.exe(mentioned below) crashes when run. This could be happening only to me, so please try for yourself before writing off this method.

2. FOR MY COMFORT MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, I SWICHED OFF THE SCREENSAVER AND OTHER POWER SAVING FEATURES ON THE PC and ALSO SET THE SCREEN TIMEOUT DELAY ON THE PHONE TO 30 MINUTES (Settings/Display/ScreenTimeout)

3. Charge the phone to the maximum.
    4. Enable USB Debugging on Phone(Settings/Applications/Development).
    5. Detach all other peripherals from your PC.
    6. Disable 'LGE Virtual Modem' in PC's Device Manager.
    7. Unmount the SD card from the phone(Settings/SDcard & PhoneStorage).
    8. Open phone back and remove the SD Card.
    9. Download KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z onto your PC and extract it to a folder. Avialable at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8651505&postcount=1
    10. Run the msxml.msi file and complete the installation.
    11. Connect the phone to PC with USB Cable.
    12. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe from the extracted folder.
    13. Chose TYPE as 3GQCT & Phone Mode as DIAG.
    14. In the 'KDZ file' space, browse for the firmware you want to install.(in this case V10B_00.kdz)
    15. Press the 'Launch software update' button.
    16. The firmware flasing proces is now underway.

If all goes well, in 5-10 minutes the phone will be flashed with the new firmware.

I shall describe in detail what happened with my phone - 10-15 secs after launching software update on PC, my phone screen turned blank and in a couple of seconds the phone entered the 'Emergency Mode'. during this mode the screen was yellow with Emergency Mode written along the middle of the screen. the phone stayed in the same way till the Software update procedure finished on the pc and the phone turned blank. I waited a while for it to reboot but after a minute or so, I manually switched on the phone. the phone came alive and following the LG boot animation, the android logo screen came up. the phone spent about 2 whole minutes in that state before booting up fully and entering the home screen.

I am attaching the log file generated by the firmware update procedure.

17. AFTER BOOTING UP FULLY, I FINALLY DETACHED THE PHONE FROM THE PC.

Went to 'About Phone' in Settings and confirmed the change from 2.2.1 to 2.2.

Installed z4root and rooted the phone. Available at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=833953

IN CASE OF PROBLEMS DURING FLASHING, read the following thread completely. Various types of errors and various measures to correct them including some innovative ones like shaking the phone etc
    are mentioned there.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=883314

I have collected the above information from various threads and tried to organise it for the benefit of a new user trying to root. If any mistakes are present in the above post, please let me know. I will correct the information accordingly.

For information regarding Installing Android SDK on your PC, Installing Custom Recovery or Custom Rom's on your phone, Read [HOWTO] Rooting, Installing - Android SDK, Custom Recovery, Custom ROM's
    If kdz updater hangs try to disable Lg modem device in device manager.It helped me.
    Just a few questions:

1) Should USB Debugging be enabled when you connect your phone to PC?
    yes
    2) Should there be a SD card installed before you flash the phone,
    it is better and recommended remove it

By the way, when I try to click "READ PHONE INFORMATION" the the program crashes...

Just for the program to acquire my phone's info made it crash...whatelse if I try to FLASH my phone....FOR Now....There's no way you can make me flash my PHONE
    Yes, I had same problem, but flashing works fine. Make sure, that LG modem is switched off (as I write here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=883314)
    Hi all,

I not usually come on LG optimus one thread, because i have an other device..

My brother have an LG optimus one, ita, unbranded, no root, stock etc..

Is the procedure on the first post still working to flash the latest firmware?

I would like to flash this:
    http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/AITABK/V10e_00/V10E_00.kdz

Thanks in advance

Thanks man......willl try it as soon as possible......bt u said there r chances of brickin d phne?????

With all due respect to Zecanilis , i feel that he should update the instructions on the first post to include the disabling of the LG modem in the PC's Device Manager as lots of people have faced issues while flashing kdz.
    For newbies, I would suggest that you follow instructions from the following thread. the instructions there include those from here + a few others.
    [HOWTO] Rooting, Installing - Android SDK, Custom Recovery, Custom ROM's