[Game][2.1+] Samurai vs Zombies Defence

Search This thread

TheOneBD

Mar 1, 2011
Samurai vs Zombies Defence v1.2.1
Requirements: Android 2.1+
Overview: Play as a Samurai and defend your village against hordes of attacking zombies!
2xf9BZGZgtDbNqAM9VAzO6dmU4aelwQ-XhzkKfDi55v34ilzxvfnhVieuB_Fcw4EDpo

[break]
Play as the heroic Samurai and defend your village against hordes of attacking zombies! Recruit allies and build defenses to stop them!

STRATEGIC GAMEPLAY: set up your defenses against hordes of zombies!
WORK WITH ALLIES: get some help in the store with farmers, warriors, archers and much more!
WIN BIG IN MINI GAMES: play Pachinko to earn rare items!
UPGRADE YOUR SAMURAI: Become more powerful by acquiring better weapons, defenses and magical abilities!

More Info:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glu.samuzombie
MOD EDIT: External Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

daimler1727

Jan 4, 2012
I can't get past wave 33... I'm stuck. I already tried different approaches... No hacks for free glu credits yet? I'm now wanting some. :(

raven198

Aug 29, 2010
Acworth, GA
Playing on an HTC Amaze 4G, starts fine, but after a minute of play, the game freezes and then the screen pixelates (sp). The screen goes completely bat crap, and if I can back out the whole phone is that way too. Had to pull battery to reset.

daimler1727

Jan 4, 2012
Finally, I got past wave 33 thru several free Glu credits I earned from different ways.. But the zombies just gets tougher as you progress. One thing I hated, some of the allies that I earned suddenly disappeared like Frosty the Bowman, the Rifleman, and the Shinanigen (I might be wrong on the spelling of this)... Uninstalled. :)

Darnell_Chat_TN

Nov 29, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
Google Pixel 4 XL
I've found that while some Glu Mobile games claim to be "free", you have to BUY things in the game if you want to win. Is that the case with this game?

I really dislike the bait and switch. I'd rather pay up front, than be nickled and dimed at hard spots in a game.

I'm not installing this unless I hear there are no fees on the back end.

I've found that while some Glu Mobile games claim to be "free", you have to BUY things in the game if you want to win. Is that the case with this game?

I really dislike the bait and switch. I'd rather pay up front, than be nickled and dimed at hard spots in a game.

Yes, using in-app purchases. Starting from US$1.99, purchases can get as high as US$99.99. But other than that it can be considered a free game up to about level 25 before switching focus from gameplay to goldhunt.

Reactions: Darnell_Chat_TN

joefarar

Aug 18, 2010
Mini strategy guide for gamethe also request:I consistently crashes on Wave 43...?

Well for some of you fortunate to not have had the troubles Ive had let me give you best strategy advice for a newcomer: upgrade farmers and bow first...spam farmers at leadership lvl 3 or 4the on maybe higher lvls or if you upgraded leadership with glu credits (I think it's essential to pump it to 3). If game doesnt bug out from like 100s of farmers? (they get strong ehen they get to like lvl 10 and it still costs silver to upgrade), then let them fight for you and sneak behind and bow and spell cast...later invest in tornado spell and final spell only. Save rest of money for ONE type of troop upgrade. You may want to upgrade the priest too here and there. At some point you will need your wall to be lvl 3 or 5000hp. By the way bow is stroner at first in upgrades but later sword is stronger. Early in game upping your bow exclusively you will see MAJOR improvements in play.

Also to use tea or sushi...you "swipe" your finger left or right to get it on screen thrn click to use. Save your charms but use luck and wealth charms if you are confident in beating a full lvl.

Lvl 3 tip. Make sure leadership is at 3 (starting) wall is 5000 hp (if you don't have glu credits to max starting leadership pound down pots and or cups of tea and get leadership to 3 (if warrior you invested in is high lvl) or 4 if lower level. I personally did it on 3screen and spammed farmers and a swordsman and later a priest and never needed leadeeship to be above 4. Make sure you use tornado (level 5 or 6) and the freeze spell (if you want to add points to this it may help if you are still stuck on this level). I found wave 33 to be the most difficult.

Also, guys, you don't need a hack for this, I found enough free tapjoy offers to get about 200 glu coins (more than enough for leadership and double money) which took mayne an hour at most of my time. You simply open program, exit, go back, play a wave, violla, your coins are there...quit and uninstall. Legit version is probably worth the trouble of getting free glu credits ove an unstable hacked version with no prospect for updates.

Also recommend closing background programs when playing game since it can kind of lag (you may want to upgrade a higher point unit since in my case I think the reason my game goes crazy might be too many farmers and actions even though I use photon 4g tegra 2...higher level unit costs more and wont lag you as much...also footman are better than 2he farmers if you havent lvled any yet so early soldier spams are decent if you are mainly focusing on character development which is fine early in game.

If anyone has a suggestion on how I can workaround my strange bug on wave 43 (I'd probably have to post a vid for a.diagnosis or suggestion to fix eorkaround it, let me know).

Really great game, very addicting.

Reactions: daimler1727

joefarar

Aug 18, 2010
I found out where the bug originated: after you kill the singing hooded zombie, you can't summon, cast spells, the % bar freezes, you can't collect item drops...it doesn't appear to be related to overwhelming the game with too many resources like excessive troops as I thought. Even if in this "screwed up state" you manage to beat all mobs, you still can't pass level. Enemies move slower and can be killed, your troops (left) and you are same speed and can kill and die however, you don't "die" or "take damage" but if a large demon swipes you which I'm guessing, depending on the hero's level/life points, he will be "incapacitated" and mobs will continue to charge the gate but even if gate's life is 0, game still goes on. Also, after killing singing demon, if you have upgraded archers to level 5 I think (this ia when you get "2" archers on the turrents near where the pain bell would go in between (the 5500$ item is an affixture or gong between the turrents adding additional damage it isn't a skill as I once thought)...you'll probably notice the second archer is hanging down low, like he's been wounded, non functional, or "incappacitated."

I did several experiments on my photon 4g befote contacting glu about the issue such as battery removal, reboots, closing unnessessary background/running programs, uninstalling several programs, freeing up a ton of internal and external storage space, upping available ram, clearing data and cache of several other programs...

Also, I run the game on stock but uninstalled the old root user apps I had which I used long ago to transfer apps + data from my old rooted htc hero. I found the phone's performance and functionality was so well that I decided to unroot woth the firmware update (this was months ago) - O just wanted data tranfered which only could be accessible from root locations.

I tried testing to see if the bug I encountered on wave 43 with the "singing zombie" was isolated to npc kills like peasants...it wasn't, even killing him with a "level 2 troop trample" which does a whopping 6000 damage still caused the game bug.

The only "good news about this bug" is that it appears it isn't hardware/conflicting sofware-related and judging by reviews of the game I read off google play...maybe half of android players (and I think apple players are having some issues too), so I am guessing glu will be applying a fix or patch sooner than later. Also, according to other players, the older version below 1.13 had no issues at all. If this is uour first time wanting to try this awrsome game but maybe your phone or platform is not fully compatible according to reviews, start with the older version first off some hosted site and maybe when the patch to the patch/update for 1.13 comes out (assuming it works), you can update and maybe enjoy the game more.

The semi-good news about this bug is that even though it sort of screws passage of the game to the next wave, and you cannot pause to quit ehen this happens, not to mention, item drops like glu coins, presents, charms, pinchiku balls, are forfeited, the money you earned is saved...so...when the bug happens, simply hit home screen, the retap SvP (samarui vs. Zombie defense icon) and you essentially relaunch the game, (in its bugged state) but you get to the pause screen where you can "quit" and "at least " keep silver coins earned for future upgrades which may be valuable because I'm assuming this game, once fixed will add significantly more waves, difficulty, and challenges, so you can still,"pre buff up" before that happens I guess.

It should be noted, some people report NO bugs or issues AT ALL on certain android/iphone devices/phones and I think some have reported potential or partial fixes to past bug roadblocks but that ususally involved a reinstall (sometimes data can get corrupted during the download or installation.

Also, while some users have reported no bugs and geeting passed the final wave, they encounter new bugs after. Almost all users seem to encounter bugs such as lost sushi, tea, and hidden allies (I had these issues, myself) dissapearing after a certain wave. Others state after wave 50, game is unplayable or loading screen errors.

My advice, in general, when it comes to glu mobile games: ALWAYS wait maybe a few months before the initial port or platform release because, even though the game may not saybeta alpha or beta...you may as well considerit it as such...when a game gets released by glu to android which has been maybe on iOS, trust me, you wolill more than likely get impassible or extroidinarily frustrating bugs. I had similar issues when glu released the awesome game blood and glory and...let ne tell you, like Samurai vs. Ninja Defense, it was an awesome game with good graphics, I felt by playing early I wasted several unnessessary hours due to bugs and probably lost a remarkable amount of glu credits I obtained from free offers. Glu games are notoriously fun but man, early releases are like noney making operations released to unsuspecting guinea pig beta testers.

My expert advice, see if based on reviews your device fully supports game and if it does on this build, best of luck. If not, be patient, WAIT maybe a few weeks or whenever next update comes around and give it a go.

Even if your OS/phone reported is suspected of having issues note that usually the "type" of bug I reported for "most users" does not occur until waves 30+. Some go further than the wave I'm stuck on which is 43 but get stuck on 47. I read one post where someone got the bug on wave 17...it could be a matter of luck.

Also A HUGE RECOMMENDATION if you invested serious time in this game and want to try reinstalling to see if this fixes issue: my simple answer is DON'T. The reason is because newer glu games do not save game data online (e.g. the ones that connect via facebook or twitter). So if you think this may fix your issue beware that without a rooted phone which can back up game data such as save progress, everything will be lost, I think even glu credits and what would suck even more is those offers you maybe once used to take advantage of...will be gone and you may be stuck with predominantly only paid offers or buying glu credits direct...

This game is awesome and has HUGE potential but unless enough people share these bugs/crashes with glu, they'll simply sit on earned $ from offers or in app glu credit purchases and probably not give a crap. If you do, go to glu's website and share the info I am with you to them because it's consistent and fairly comprehensive and the more of us who report this, the more people we can help.

By the way, FYI if the other tips I provided did not help, try going i nto battery performance mode in settimgs and set to highest setting and to cut any nackground lag from running programs which sync over network in background, putting the phone in "airplane mode" can potentially fix some or all problems for maybe slower or incompatible/less compatible phones or firmware/roms.

I haven't tested this game rooted by the way and it is fairly graphics intense so maybe a slight "bump" in clock speed, ram processing, etc...could help. I use a tegra 2 device which, while renowned for great graphics, can occassionally have issues with some games sine tegra on the mobile platform still is kind of new. And believe it or not, fairly optimizing my stock 'ed phone for performance, even, rarely, this awesome phone gets teeny bits of minor lag...I recommend probably playing this game until update is out or check google play (android users) view the html webpage view (not google play app) to see if google shows if current game is compatible. For my device I got "partial compatibility" and even so it is featured on my device's google play app frontpage for recommended download and installation...

Hope this helps further.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Reactions: silky62678

gontadu

Dec 27, 2010
Pretoria
Hmm now stuck at 33. suprised by the farmers upgrade but i also see why. they're cheap! I'm investing in the bowmen and the swordsmen. Spearmen are being left behind...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samurai vs Zombies Defence v1.2.1
    Requirements: Android 2.1+
    Overview: Play as a Samurai and defend your village against hordes of attacking zombies!
    2xf9BZGZgtDbNqAM9VAzO6dmU4aelwQ-XhzkKfDi55v34ilzxvfnhVieuB_Fcw4EDpo

[break]
    Play as the heroic Samurai and defend your village against hordes of attacking zombies! Recruit allies and build defenses to stop them!

STRATEGIC GAMEPLAY: set up your defenses against hordes of zombies!
    WORK WITH ALLIES: get some help in the store with farmers, warriors, archers and much more!
    WIN BIG IN MINI GAMES: play Pachinko to earn rare items!
    UPGRADE YOUR SAMURAI: Become more powerful by acquiring better weapons, defenses and magical abilities!

More Info:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glu.samuzombie
    MOD EDIT: External Link Removed

Yes, using in-app purchases. Starting from US$1.99, purchases can get as high as US$99.99. But other than that it can be considered a free game up to about level 25 before switching focus from gameplay to goldhunt.
    Mini strategy guide for gamethe also request:I consistently crashes on Wave 43...?

Well for some of you fortunate to not have had the troubles Ive had let me give you best strategy advice for a newcomer: upgrade farmers and bow first...spam farmers at leadership lvl 3 or 4the on maybe higher lvls or if you upgraded leadership with glu credits (I think it's essential to pump it to 3). If game doesnt bug out from like 100s of farmers? (they get strong ehen they get to like lvl 10 and it still costs silver to upgrade), then let them fight for you and sneak behind and bow and spell cast...later invest in tornado spell and final spell only. Save rest of money for ONE type of troop upgrade. You may want to upgrade the priest too here and there. At some point you will need your wall to be lvl 3 or 5000hp. By the way bow is stroner at first in upgrades but later sword is stronger. Early in game upping your bow exclusively you will see MAJOR improvements in play.

Also to use tea or sushi...you "swipe" your finger left or right to get it on screen thrn click to use. Save your charms but use luck and wealth charms if you are confident in beating a full lvl.

Lvl 3 tip. Make sure leadership is at 3 (starting) wall is 5000 hp (if you don't have glu credits to max starting leadership pound down pots and or cups of tea and get leadership to 3 (if warrior you invested in is high lvl) or 4 if lower level. I personally did it on 3screen and spammed farmers and a swordsman and later a priest and never needed leadeeship to be above 4. Make sure you use tornado (level 5 or 6) and the freeze spell (if you want to add points to this it may help if you are still stuck on this level). I found wave 33 to be the most difficult.

Also, guys, you don't need a hack for this, I found enough free tapjoy offers to get about 200 glu coins (more than enough for leadership and double money) which took mayne an hour at most of my time. You simply open program, exit, go back, play a wave, violla, your coins are there...quit and uninstall. Legit version is probably worth the trouble of getting free glu credits ove an unstable hacked version with no prospect for updates.

Also recommend closing background programs when playing game since it can kind of lag (you may want to upgrade a higher point unit since in my case I think the reason my game goes crazy might be too many farmers and actions even though I use photon 4g tegra 2...higher level unit costs more and wont lag you as much...also footman are better than 2he farmers if you havent lvled any yet so early soldier spams are decent if you are mainly focusing on character development which is fine early in game.

If anyone has a suggestion on how I can workaround my strange bug on wave 43 (I'd probably have to post a vid for a.diagnosis or suggestion to fix eorkaround it, let me know).

Really great game, very addicting.
    I found out where the bug originated: after you kill the singing hooded zombie, you can't summon, cast spells, the % bar freezes, you can't collect item drops...it doesn't appear to be related to overwhelming the game with too many resources like excessive troops as I thought. Even if in this "screwed up state" you manage to beat all mobs, you still can't pass level. Enemies move slower and can be killed, your troops (left) and you are same speed and can kill and die however, you don't "die" or "take damage" but if a large demon swipes you which I'm guessing, depending on the hero's level/life points, he will be "incapacitated" and mobs will continue to charge the gate but even if gate's life is 0, game still goes on. Also, after killing singing demon, if you have upgraded archers to level 5 I think (this ia when you get "2" archers on the turrents near where the pain bell would go in between (the 5500$ item is an affixture or gong between the turrents adding additional damage it isn't a skill as I once thought)...you'll probably notice the second archer is hanging down low, like he's been wounded, non functional, or "incappacitated."

I did several experiments on my photon 4g befote contacting glu about the issue such as battery removal, reboots, closing unnessessary background/running programs, uninstalling several programs, freeing up a ton of internal and external storage space, upping available ram, clearing data and cache of several other programs...

Also, I run the game on stock but uninstalled the old root user apps I had which I used long ago to transfer apps + data from my old rooted htc hero. I found the phone's performance and functionality was so well that I decided to unroot woth the firmware update (this was months ago) - O just wanted data tranfered which only could be accessible from root locations.

I tried testing to see if the bug I encountered on wave 43 with the "singing zombie" was isolated to npc kills like peasants...it wasn't, even killing him with a "level 2 troop trample" which does a whopping 6000 damage still caused the game bug.

The only "good news about this bug" is that it appears it isn't hardware/conflicting sofware-related and judging by reviews of the game I read off google play...maybe half of android players (and I think apple players are having some issues too), so I am guessing glu will be applying a fix or patch sooner than later. Also, according to other players, the older version below 1.13 had no issues at all. If this is uour first time wanting to try this awrsome game but maybe your phone or platform is not fully compatible according to reviews, start with the older version first off some hosted site and maybe when the patch to the patch/update for 1.13 comes out (assuming it works), you can update and maybe enjoy the game more.

The semi-good news about this bug is that even though it sort of screws passage of the game to the next wave, and you cannot pause to quit ehen this happens, not to mention, item drops like glu coins, presents, charms, pinchiku balls, are forfeited, the money you earned is saved...so...when the bug happens, simply hit home screen, the retap SvP (samarui vs. Zombie defense icon) and you essentially relaunch the game, (in its bugged state) but you get to the pause screen where you can "quit" and "at least " keep silver coins earned for future upgrades which may be valuable because I'm assuming this game, once fixed will add significantly more waves, difficulty, and challenges, so you can still,"pre buff up" before that happens I guess.

It should be noted, some people report NO bugs or issues AT ALL on certain android/iphone devices/phones and I think some have reported potential or partial fixes to past bug roadblocks but that ususally involved a reinstall (sometimes data can get corrupted during the download or installation.

Also, while some users have reported no bugs and geeting passed the final wave, they encounter new bugs after. Almost all users seem to encounter bugs such as lost sushi, tea, and hidden allies (I had these issues, myself) dissapearing after a certain wave. Others state after wave 50, game is unplayable or loading screen errors.

My advice, in general, when it comes to glu mobile games: ALWAYS wait maybe a few months before the initial port or platform release because, even though the game may not saybeta alpha or beta...you may as well considerit it as such...when a game gets released by glu to android which has been maybe on iOS, trust me, you wolill more than likely get impassible or extroidinarily frustrating bugs. I had similar issues when glu released the awesome game blood and glory and...let ne tell you, like Samurai vs. Ninja Defense, it was an awesome game with good graphics, I felt by playing early I wasted several unnessessary hours due to bugs and probably lost a remarkable amount of glu credits I obtained from free offers. Glu games are notoriously fun but man, early releases are like noney making operations released to unsuspecting guinea pig beta testers.

My expert advice, see if based on reviews your device fully supports game and if it does on this build, best of luck. If not, be patient, WAIT maybe a few weeks or whenever next update comes around and give it a go.

Even if your OS/phone reported is suspected of having issues note that usually the "type" of bug I reported for "most users" does not occur until waves 30+. Some go further than the wave I'm stuck on which is 43 but get stuck on 47. I read one post where someone got the bug on wave 17...it could be a matter of luck.

Also A HUGE RECOMMENDATION if you invested serious time in this game and want to try reinstalling to see if this fixes issue: my simple answer is DON'T. The reason is because newer glu games do not save game data online (e.g. the ones that connect via facebook or twitter). So if you think this may fix your issue beware that without a rooted phone which can back up game data such as save progress, everything will be lost, I think even glu credits and what would suck even more is those offers you maybe once used to take advantage of...will be gone and you may be stuck with predominantly only paid offers or buying glu credits direct...

This game is awesome and has HUGE potential but unless enough people share these bugs/crashes with glu, they'll simply sit on earned $ from offers or in app glu credit purchases and probably not give a crap. If you do, go to glu's website and share the info I am with you to them because it's consistent and fairly comprehensive and the more of us who report this, the more people we can help.

By the way, FYI if the other tips I provided did not help, try going i nto battery performance mode in settimgs and set to highest setting and to cut any nackground lag from running programs which sync over network in background, putting the phone in "airplane mode" can potentially fix some or all problems for maybe slower or incompatible/less compatible phones or firmware/roms.

I haven't tested this game rooted by the way and it is fairly graphics intense so maybe a slight "bump" in clock speed, ram processing, etc...could help. I use a tegra 2 device which, while renowned for great graphics, can occassionally have issues with some games sine tegra on the mobile platform still is kind of new. And believe it or not, fairly optimizing my stock 'ed phone for performance, even, rarely, this awesome phone gets teeny bits of minor lag...I recommend probably playing this game until update is out or check google play (android users) view the html webpage view (not google play app) to see if google shows if current game is compatible. For my device I got "partial compatibility" and even so it is featured on my device's google play app frontpage for recommended download and installation...

Hope this helps further.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    You get free rewards if u play the game multiple days in a row, like 500 coins on the 1st day, 25 balls for the mini game etc etc.
    What i did was start the game, close it, set your date from 02-04-2012 to 03-04-2012. Start the game again and ull get 500 free coins. Repeat this untill u got enough coins and glue credits. U get 3 or 4 glue credits on day 5!

Have fun!