Just got my livedock :)

Search This thread

kiwiBratwurst

Nov 1, 2010
Berlin
If this has landscape homescreen, we should be able to enable it in someway without the dock? Any developer who could figure out how to do that?
And if you make a call, is the "in call" screen also in landscape mode?

Just tried the in call screen and I'm afraid it defaults to portrait mode when a call comes in while plugged into the dock..(perhaps overlooked by the SE devs) wonder if I can do an adb logcat when I plug the phone in to find out what it's doing to the home screen... I'll have a play.

Kiwi

Sent from my MT15i using xda premium

vla_diss

May 4, 2010
Cen u use usb devices and charge ur phone in same time with livedock ?

Sent from my MT15i using XDA App

kiwiBratwurst

Nov 1, 2010
Berlin
Yes it charges and uses otg devices (keyboards, mice and thumbdrives) simultaneously.
it's the only thing I've found that will do that too. :)

vla_diss

May 4, 2010
That's nice but can you please take picture of front and the back of the bord, so I can check if I cen make usb otg with charging capabilities for phone and usb device.

Last edited:

kiwiBratwurst

Nov 1, 2010
Berlin
That's nice but can you please take picture of front and the back of the bord, so I can check if I cen make usb otg with charging capabilities for phone and usb device.

I highly doubt any electronic engineer would be able to do it without a scope meter and other circuit testing equipment, let alone just off photos, but if I pull it apart again (since you said please) I'll get some pics for ya.. ;)

Kiwi

Edit:

-Links removed

Cheers, and if you do work something out either with these or without please please share it with the users on XDA.. it would be a world first (from what I have read) and you will make many Xperia and Samsung, HTC, Motorola etc people very happy. ;)

Kiwi

Last edited:

vla_diss

May 4, 2010
Thx:D
most of these electronic components are for telling phone to go in landscape and to liveware mengaer that the connected device is livedock.
So if I cen just find path from vbus, gnd and shield to thous two usb ports that will be it. and bord have realy nice markings, maybe I find scheme for this bord :D

shenlong85

Oct 17, 2007
I juz got one too. However, if I connect the phone to livedock and switch off the mains when I sleep, when I wake up, the fully charged phone is @ 30%!!! omg!!!

Remember not to off the mains or disconnect it from the dock when not using. It's a battery drainer!!!

Reactions: kiwiBratwurst

kiwiBratwurst

Nov 1, 2010
Berlin
Keyboard and mouse works, game pads should work.. but it might depend on the game pad, just use a usb hub to plug in as many USB devices as you want... the Live dock supplies power so all good :)

Kiwi

Jun 25, 2012
Columbus
Do you know if there's anything specific that makes the phone recognize the dock or vice versa? I've been having issues with that and have had to abandon some good roms because of it. Just wondering if anyone knew if there was a package I needed to flash afterward or something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    o.k.. a couple of pictures.

some with my case on some without. moved the dock into the kitchen for better light so its not plugged into power or USB OTG.. but you get the idea.

Kiwi
    Well, I ordered my livedock off eBay on Sunday and it arrived this morning, I'm happy to report they do just what they said it would.. I can now charge my neo at the same time as using usb devices! HDMI out to the tv, usb Wifi mouse/keyboard combo and usb thumb drive all at the same time. (with usb hub attached)

The neo sits in the dock very nicely, and is at a nice viewing angle.

As an extra unexpected bonus it also enables landscape mode on the home screen when it's plugged in.. I hadn't worked out how to do that on stock home launcher yet. So navigating with mouse is really easy, doing that with OTG cable was a pain because it wouldn't switch to landscape.. (probably a build.prop edit that enables landscape mode but havn't played with that yet)

Well worth the 29 euro for the livedock :)

Kiwi

here is a picture of the board inside the livedock..
    looking at the board the micro USB only supplies power so if you power the dock off a computer (Through the docks micro usb port) it won't connect the phone to the computer for file sharing etc only charging.. not really that important but still good to know.
    I attacked it with an old multimeter but its pretty primative.. I'll have to wait till I get back to NZ next month and my own test tools to figure out what the empty J12 connector is for.. (might just be a leftover test port) but if its possible to add extra usb ports it would save using a hub.. we'll see :) anyway.. enjoy the pic..

Kiwi
    I juz got one too. However, if I connect the phone to livedock and switch off the mains when I sleep, when I wake up, the fully charged phone is @ 30%!!! omg!!!

Remember not to off the mains or disconnect it from the dock when not using. It's a battery drainer!!!