Camera and Gallery

Search This thread

sham79

Apr 29, 2011
Hi,

I've been searching high and low for a solution, but one or another it just fails.
Here's the problem.
I've just rooted my SGS3 LTE. I'm on rXTREME.JB-4.3-v2.2 with Boeffla-Kernel-5.1-Beta13.
At first I used the stock kernel as Boeffla's causes camera failure (after reading and searching). Then i reflashed Boeffla's again and the camera works. Now another problem surfaces, whenever I take pictures, I try switch to gallery to view them from the camera app but it freezes the camera and eventually crashes but the gallery opens.
Now I've tried clearing the data for both the gallery and camera and it kind of worked, I managed to switch to gallery after taking pictures but now when I press back to switch back to camera, it freezes. Had to pull battery to shut it off.
And note, this happens regardless of the kernel I'm using.

So there you go, any takers?:confused:

update: something that I observed, whenever the view switches from landscape to portrait, and vice versa, it causes the device into an eternal hang and it finally crashes, i.e taking pictures in potrait and opening picture in landscape causes it to freeze and crash. Watching Youtube when switch to full screen view (landscape) and switching back to portrait causes it to freeze and crash as well, etc.

Last edited:

sham79

Apr 29, 2011
Yup, I realized it was a custom rom issue, reflashed stock rom and reroot didn't have any issues. Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk