Oppo Find 7a X9006 140419 OTA

Search This thread

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
Enclosed is the latest Find 7a X9006 OTA

Build: 140419

NOTE: I am only posting this here for users to download and devs to use. I will most likely not be updating with new versions and will not be supporting this as it is OPPO's

NOTE2: You must use stock recovery in order to flash this update.

Changelog from OPPO:

Z6YsDkBl.jpg

DOWNLOAD: See Above for Downloads or click here

XDA:DevDB Information
Oppo Find 7a X9006 140419 OTA, a ROM for the Oppo Find 7

Contributors
jerdog
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information

Created 2014-04-30
Last Updated 2014-04-30

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
Think there's any chance of this being rebundled to work with TRWP?

Issue is that right now TWRP looks for the device to be called "find7a" due to it actually being a Find 7a - but Oppo is shipping it as "FIND7" which is certainly to cause all sorts of issues going forward when the real find 7 comes out.

As soon as I can test it out I will be pushing a TWRP ready version of the OTA - or you can remove the ASSERT lines in the updater-script

MadMungo

Nov 30, 2013
Sydney
Issue is that right now TWRP looks for the device to be called "find7a" due to it actually being a Find 7a - but Oppo is shipping it as "FIND7" which is certainly to cause all sorts of issues going forward when the real find 7 comes out.

As soon as I can test it out I will be pushing a TWRP ready version of the OTA - or you can remove the ASSERT lines in the updater-script

No need to remove the Assert lines as I just change one of the FIND7 entries to X9007 for my Find 7a phone and it installs no problems.

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
Hmm, I installed TWRP and SuperSU, fastbooted the stock recovery.img back and the update file fails to flash in stock recovery for me... I've verified MD5. Not sure what it could be but a TWRP flashable.zip would be very appreciated anybody?

Morak75

Well, I made the update, but I noticed that the screen is turning on in my pocket. My phone has the pre-ordered cover ;) So I guess they didn't fix it very well (10.) Except if there is a cover option to tick somewhere.

Doc Ames

Aug 18, 2012
Bloomington, MN
OTA Update

updates fails for me too after flashing stock recovery back via fastboot

Did you make any significant changes to /system? I got the update to work with stock recovery but the only difference I had from stock was that the OS was rooted. I also uninstalled Xposed Framework before installing the update. I didn't continue using the updated ROM though because I could not get Titanium Backup restores to work. Funny, because it worked of the previous version of ColorOS 1.2. Right now I'm running the ColorOS 2.0 beta. It's less glitchy than 1.2. I still don't like ColorOS and can't wait for an alternative.

-Andy

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
Did you make any significant changes to /system? I got the update to work with stock recovery but the only difference I had from stock was that the OS was rooted. I also uninstalled Xposed Framework before installing the update. I didn't continue using the updated ROM though because I could not get Titanium Backup restores to work. Funny, because it worked of the previous version of ColorOS 1.2. Right now I'm running the ColorOS 2.0 beta. It's less glitchy than 1.2. I still don't like ColorOS and can't wait for an alternative.

-Andy

all I did was root it and flash TWRP. Then flashed stock recovery back.

Do you still get LTE with 2.0 beta? Did you get LTE before going to 2.0b?

Doc Ames

Aug 18, 2012
Bloomington, MN
ColorOS 2.0b

all I did was root it and flash TWRP. Then flashed stock recovery back.

Do you still get LTE with 2.0 beta? Did you get LTE before going to 2.0b?

Yeah I got LTE before and am still receiving LTE. I haven't found any glitches of note except that some apps installed to the "phone" storage don't work properly which was also the case with 1.2. Bear in mind I've only used 2.0b for a little over a day. Give 2.0b a try. It can't be much worse. Note that you'll need to either edit the .zip file as mentioned previously or use stock recovery. I used stock recovery.

-Sent from my Sega Dreamcast

Last edited:

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
Yeah I got LTE before and am still receiving LTE. I haven't found any glitches of note except that some apps installed to the "phone" storage don't work properly which was also the case with 1.2. Bear in mind I've only used 2.0b for a little over a day. Give 2.0b a try. It can't be much worse. Note that you'll need to either edit the .zip file as mentioned previously or use stock recovery. I used stock recovery.

-Sent from my Sega Dreamcast

Yeah I was going to edit the zipfile for the OTA update but didn't have a clue what file I was supposed to change the wording of/in. I might try it Sunday. I'm going to need a working phone tomorrow and saturday, plus I won't have the time until saturday afternoon anyway.

mr2guy18

Sep 29, 2011
I tried to flash on stock recovery and just get update failed it also does this for any other file i try to flash like the root file and such. Does anyone know how to fix this?

mr2guy18

Sep 29, 2011
You have to install stock recovery mod.
I got it form here.

http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=4528#downloads

I tried v.3, it'swork fine for me.
I can update stock firmware with rooted.

I have tried that and it fails and I've tried to flash twrp and the stock recovery in fastboot and they say they install but it remains the same when I go into it. I have the stock recovery now but anything I try to flash says update failed. I have been doing this stuff for a years but this has got me confused.

mikell

Feb 12, 2007
Update failed

I have tried that and it fails and I've tried to flash twrp and the stock recovery in fastboot and they say they install but it remains the same when I go into it. I have the stock recovery now but anything I try to flash says update failed. I have been doing this stuff for a years but this has got me confused.

I had the same issue. I resolved it by downloading V1.2.1i and doing a Local update, after this I was able to download and install all the OTA's.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Enclosed is the latest Find 7a X9006 OTA

Build: 140419

NOTE: I am only posting this here for users to download and devs to use. I will most likely not be updating with new versions and will not be supporting this as it is OPPO's

NOTE2: You must use stock recovery in order to flash this update.

Changelog from OPPO:

Z6YsDkBl.jpg

DOWNLOAD: See Above for Downloads or click here

XDA:DevDB Information
    Oppo Find 7a X9006 140419 OTA, a ROM for the Oppo Find 7

Contributors
    jerdog
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information

Created 2014-04-30
    Last Updated 2014-04-30
    Think there's any chance of this being rebundled to work with TRWP?