stay on NB4 or upgrade to rooted NC2

Search This thread

frome901

Mar 15, 2013
Anaheim
Hey, i was lucky enough not to get NC2 update, Now that the root is out im thinking about updating.
im running NB4 with NC2 modem so, other then losing the A2 boot loader, i cant think of any benifts of updating.

let's discuss it?

orphan203

Feb 13, 2012
I had no issues. Just follow instructions and you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
Why would you update. NB4 has actually always been rootable with kingo root app. Stay there. Root with kingo so you can be able to jump between KK and JB whenever you want. If you update your NB4 to NC2 that means you're taking the new bootloader and then get stuck.

from my (not anymore) locked note 3!

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
Why would you update. NB4 has actually always been rootable with kingo root app. Stay there. Root with kingo so you can be able to jump between KK and JB whenever you want. If you update your NB4 to NC2 that means you're taking the new bootloader and then get stuck.

Also... NB4 was more stable if you ask me. I have had issues with NC2, sleep death and random restarts.

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
Also... NB4 was more stable if you ask me. I have had issues with NC2, sleep death and random restarts.
yeah man. NB4 was basically an MJ5. it was only 53 MB update which is a preparation for the "big update" that locked us down NC2.

frome901

Mar 15, 2013
Anaheim
I figured NB4 was better the way im running it. Just thought id see what some of the guys at got stuck with KK had to say about now that they got root.

Reactions: cputoys

cputoys

Feb 13, 2013
S. Jersey
ditto

I figured NB4 was better the way im running it. Just thought id see what some of the guys at got stuck with KK had to say about now that they got root.

I was also lucky enough to be already rooted and able to freeze the update before all this kk calamity began. Now, with nova prime, xposed mods and zooper widget, I can't see how anything is going to be better than this! Everything works, the battery is great, no issues! I will stay put until something (the next big thing!) comes along that absolutely requires kk to run! :D

Reactions: Rukbat

rogerinnyc

Feb 1, 2006
OnePlus 9 Pro
I deliberately updated to NC2 (Firekat) from MJ5 (Firenote) because I wanted to see if it would fix my very slow and inconsistent GPS locks (which neither Drakey's gpsfix nor a hardware effort to rebend my leaf pins helped). I'm glad to say that NC2 appears to have done the trick, so that is one thing in its favor. But if you're not having GPS issues, then I agree with most of the posters here -- no reason to lock yourself down (unless you're trying to cure being a flashaholic....)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll update when a "restore to NC2" thread appears. Or we get an Odin flashable tar file for NC2. If you root and botch up NC2 you have to go to bestbuy for a reflash.
    ditto

I was also lucky enough to be already rooted and able to freeze the update before all this kk calamity began. Now, with nova prime, xposed mods and zooper widget, I can't see how anything is going to be better than this! Everything works, the battery is great, no issues! I will stay put until something (the next big thing!) comes along that absolutely requires kk to run! :D