[APP]Bit.ly Android Client (Unofficial) v1.0

Search This thread
D Bitly v1.0 (freeware)(no ads)
Requirements: android 2.2+ and bit.ly account

Uses bit.ly api to shorten links and view your account history. Uses x-auth pattern see here for explanation. (I do not store your password on your device).

Features:
  1. Shorten links via "Share Page" from browser
  2. Copy links to the clipboard
  3. Share links via "Share Page"
  4. View previously shortened links
  5. Share or Copy previous links in history

Planned:
  1. Display number of clicks in history

main.png
history.png
share.png

lCewJn.qrcode

Android Market Link

Thanks!

Last edited:
W

WiredPirate

Nice! Thanks! Love the "share" via other apps feature and "history" features!:D

EDIT: Just realize you can share to and share from this app! Awesome!

Last edited:

Mark X

Mar 23, 2010
Told me my device is not supported (when I tried to get it from market).

Dell Streak 2.2.2

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

Sorry!

Dell Streak 2.2.2

I am sorry you weren't able to download it. I have checked my market settings and it says that it is available to all devices. I will make trying to figure out why a priority and let you know when it is available. Thanks for your patients.

Last edited:

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
I am sorry you weren't able to download it. I have checked my market settings and it says that it is available to all devices. I will make trying to figure out why a priority and let you know when it is available. Thanks for your patients.

upload it to multiupload.com or somethin for people who cant get it from market i guess? it works great for me. thanks.

Reactions: j.13.leach

Dell Streak 2.2.2

I made a small change in the market settings. I have a suspicion it could be causing it but I don't have a streak to test it on. If its not too much trouble would you be willing to give it another try.

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App

Reactions: Mark X

BluechipJ

Jun 27, 2009
Toronto
Confirming this works on my (Rogers) Sony Ericsson Xperia arc running 2.3.2 and 2.3.3. However, it doesn't show up in the in-phone Market for Canada. Had to go to Android.com to download it.

It also makes use of custom domains for the shortened URL, if you have one on bit.ly (bit.ly pro). i.e. instead of http://bit.ly/#####, you get your custom bit.ly pro/custom domain: http://mydomain.xx/#####

Excellent app!

Confirming this works on my (Rogers) Sony Ericsson Xperia arc running 2.3.2 and 2.3.3. However, it doesn't show up in the in-phone Market for Canada. Had to go to Android.com to download it.

It also makes use of custom domains for the shortened URL, if you have one on bit.ly (bit.ly pro). i.e. instead of http://bit.ly/#####, you get your custom bit.ly pro/custom domain: http://mydomain.xx/#####

Excellent app!

Thanks so much for the feedback!

sensory

Sep 27, 2010
Leeds
This would be better if it didn't require your bit.ly username/password. Other url shorteners on the Android market, Urly in particular, let you choose whether you want to use credentials or not on top of supporting a whole slew of services to shorten your urls.

Thanks

This would be better if it didn't require your bit.ly username/password. Other url shorteners on the Android market, Urly in particular, let you choose whether you want to use credentials or not on top of supporting a whole slew of services to shorten your urls.

Thanks for your feedback.
I will add anonymous shortening to my list of requested features. At this time I don't ever plan on supporting other url shortening services from this app. I wan't it to be specifically for people who use and enjoy bit.ly as I do.

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I believe I may be able to help your app

I emailed you my business card and some info to the email you have listed on the play store- you can contact me on here, but I would prefer the email address or even a phone call(on business card I emailed you) or Google hangout thru innovateeverythingtechnology@gmail.com
Even if you don't have money to really spend, check your email as I have some other options.
I've checked other apps- none are better or worse than yours, and I'd much rather help someone who is a member of XDA than some random developer or guy in China!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D Bitly v1.0 (freeware)(no ads)
    Requirements: android 2.2+ and bit.ly account

Uses bit.ly api to shorten links and view your account history. Uses x-auth pattern see here for explanation. (I do not store your password on your device).

Features:
    1. Shorten links via "Share Page" from browser
    2. Copy links to the clipboard
    3. Share links via "Share Page"
    4. View previously shortened links
    5. Share or Copy previous links in history

Planned:
    1. Display number of clicks in history

main.png
    history.png
    share.png

lCewJn.qrcode

Android Market Link

Thanks!

upload it to multiupload.com or somethin for people who cant get it from market i guess? it works great for me. thanks.

Dell Streak 2.2.2

I made a small change in the market settings. I have a suspicion it could be causing it but I don't have a streak to test it on. If its not too much trouble would you be willing to give it another try.

Thanks

You nailed it :)

Installing now. Thanks.

Just to clarify are you saying that the app isn't working with honeycomb?

I was asking. Ill try it on my Xoom. Holdup