[DOWNLOAD] Shabby's/ACS Leaked FB17 & FB09 Build

Search This thread

Ophois

Sep 2, 2010
Elizabethtown
Alright I believe I have killed data on this for now. Gonna try again as soon as this v2 download finishes and I flash it.
Must get CM9 Phone/Contacts/MMS to all work with this!

Onumis

Nov 18, 2010
Anyone able to get widget locker working or is it not ICS compatible? TW lock screen is awful.

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
ummmm

anyone got a copy of /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 layin around? i think i may have just discovered something crazy

durhamite

Jun 27, 2009
Durham, NC
finally flashed this bad boy No FC's and no LOS as of yet. Did notice that I am not getting a GPS icon at the top when using maps. GPS seems to be working but I have wireless network location turned on right now so not sure if it is GPS or wireless networks getting my location to about 40 meters.

Thanks to everyone involved and great work!

dbaybay

Oct 23, 2011
Florida
Alright I believe I have killed data on this for now. Gonna try again as soon as this v2 download finishes and I flash it.
Must get CM9 Phone/Contacts/MMS to all work with this!

Code:
adb push phone.apk /system/apps/phone.apk
adb shell chmod 644 /system/apps/phone.apk

Do that from the recovery console, not while the phone is on normally.

Rinse, repeat. If that doesn't work, I don't see you having much luck.

krazyflipj

Jan 14, 2008
Can't mount to transfer files on phone. On a mac and says I have to now install android file transfer. I installed but it doesn't recognize my phone.

bsmoove386

Jun 7, 2008
Detroit
I just read this thread from the beginning to the current end right now.

I really wish I didnt need a working phone right now otherwise I would test this build real quick.

Just curious I seen some mentions that the build is ICS but has some gingerbread qualities still? Is this just referring to the look or features from ICS are missing as well i.e. like the app drawer, swiping notifications and task manager ( which idk why but is the feature im looking forward to the most)?

dbaybay

Oct 23, 2011
Florida
There isn't a bureaucracy to deal with on XDA. Also a lot of the "problems" are not problems by intentionally added by Samsung for debugging/deving.

This. 3g/4g/wifi worked fine this morning with the .tar file, but that couldn't be released so workarounds were found.

Root isn't supposed to be injected.

And the red bug was intentionally placed there.

il buono

May 12, 2011
Tucson

I really wish I didnt need a working phone right now otherwise I would test this build real quick.

Just curious I seen some mentions that the build is ICS but has some gingerbread qualities still? Is this just referring to the look or features from ICS are missing as well i.e. like the app drawer, swiping notifications and task manager ( which idk why but is the feature im looking forward to the most)?

Culprit = Touchwiz

Nova launcher can fix it though but not the overall ICS feel

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

kc_exactly

Oct 21, 2010
Kansas City, MO

It looks the same as before but it has the features you just mentioned. So, what people mean is Touchwiz hasnt changed.

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
We'll get a proper tar and leak soon enough. Other than that good job guys on this. *tips hat*

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
Can't mount to transfer files on phone. On a mac and says I have to now install android file transfer. I installed but it doesn't recognize my phone.

Works fine on windows. Holding back a statement here ..

Haha I kid. But really, dunno why mac would have problems. I have the same drivers I've always used.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

dbaybay

Oct 23, 2011
Florida

There's a 17 minute review video up in the OP link to give you a full taste of what it's like. It's fully functional minus GPS and CWM and MMS. Minus the occasional LOS that just takes a restart to fix.

ICS task manager is in this build, as well as swiping notifications. App drawer is TW GB themed tho.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A little for you guys to drool over, it's definitely more stable & finished off than FB09 is but before everyone bombards me with PM & request, I'm leaving to go to a b-day party and won't be back till late, so don't expect this until tomorrow

screenshot2012021815482.png
    This thread is meant to be used to help with the progress of the FB17 and FB09 leaks. Thanks to everyone who has pooled together.

--------------------------------------------

FB17:

Working: 3g, 4g, Wifi, Bluetooth, MMS, SMS, Face Unlock

Sketchy: GPS (not working for all), No root, No recovery

MANY PEOPLE are having issues with .zip file, so it is recommended to use the .TAR files for FB17. Flash at your own risk, as always!

All needed files are here: http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?4961-Samsung-Epic-4g-Touch-FB17

--------------------------------------------

FB09 (OLD):

Working: 3g + 4g, Wifi, Bluetooth, Face Unlock

Not Working:
    MMS (Workaround, use GoSMS from the Market).

CWM Recovery (Workaround, use ROM Manager to install CWM on a GSII (not E4GT) and you'll have a permanent recovery to make backups, flash other ROMs, etc...).

Loss of Service (Wordaround, keep your 4g on - even if you don't get 4g coverage - this seems to stop LOS from occuring).

GPS (No known work around yet)

Download from http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?4951-Stock-Deodex-d-pre-rooted-FB09-4-0-3

---------

Some tips:

Keyboard Issues? Go to settings > input & keyboard > default keyboard and change it to Swype to start. That will get rid of the laghag that Samsung has delivered us. Then you can grab a keyboard from the market or sideload one. Or just stick with Swype as it's working fine.

If you want ICS looking icons until a theme is released, download ROM TOOLBOX PRO and you can switch out icons.

EL29 seems to be working best for most, so I'd recommend using that when coming to this ROM.

GO SMS works for sending MMS as a work-around for the time being.

Need to go back to stock? Try a different kernel? All located here: http://115media.net/scarmon25/Epic4GTouch/

---------

Thanks to everyone who has helped out, specifically Shabby Penguin and ACS!

so yea, current buglist is 3g/wifi/samsungkeyboard

so im gunna do something cool (i think youll enjoy ;) )

the zip is up. im using you guys as testers. im asking that you all stop fighting just for 10 mins and help out ;) as a community we need to come together and fix these bugs. lets show sammobile that you cant judge xda by a few bad apples lets get this working great. so while yes there are bugs, i could eitehr work on it througfhtout the day and possibly come up with fixes... or i can release publicly and we can work together as a team, no more of this E4GT!!!!! bull****, or bubby vs the world crap.. remember its team android so buck up cowboys :p

also i posted some special instructions seems it has some issues when flashing some times, but not always
    so qbking has a special litle dance that seems to work every time

as always big shoutout to our source, everyone involved, ACS and a very big thanks to RJMJR69 for letting me release it ;) mucho gracias bossman
    thanks for quoteing my post :)
    GREAT NEWS GUYS! your gunna have some awesome stuff coming in now, bubby is gunna work on ics for you (instead of selling his e4gt)

dunno what could have possibly caused the change but its good that he decided to stick around :)
    ill be upfront and honest im fairly familiar with boot.img kernels (every single other OEM) i havent messed with zimage's too mcuh (touchwiz) and even more so with the sgs2 where they completely changed crap around.. i do however know of some people that are already looking into it :) tanimn of ACS (he helped root the e4gt) and Thomasskull666. many og epic owners may remember them for their awesome sauce kernels

so chances are by tonight yall will have ics with cwm ;)