[ROM][4.2.2] SGT7 - Making your Nexus 10 a true tablet

Search This thread

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
SGT7 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean), based off CyanogenMod, which is designed to make your tablet feel like a real tablet.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 * Collectively, and at the same time.
 */

sbradymobile
cdesai
humberos

4.2:

Tablet UI! (Toggleable from Settings -> System -> Status Bar
Trebuchet:
Configurable Dock/HomeScreen Icon Size
Configurable Drawer Options:
Grid Size
Transparent Background
Gestures.
Configurable Search Bar Position
More to come as 4.1 features are ported over.

And of course, all the CyanogenMod 10.1 features are also included.

P.S. This is still a work in progress, and some features might not work as expected.

https://github.com/sgt7
https://github.com/CyanogenMod

You might feel that this is just like those other CyanogenMod kangs, but no, it isn't
It has it's own unique features, and all code from CyanogenMod is regularly merged.
It isn't intended to replace CyanogenMod tbh, but to provide a better CyanogenMod-based ROM for tablets.

If you know how to code, and would like to implement something, fork a repo, do it, and send a pull request :)
Big thanks to goo for hosting, xda for the buildserver, and slimdizzy.

Last edited:

aaron.bufc

Mar 29, 2011
Ballymena
Will charge my tablet and test this out this evening. Used this on my GTab 10.1 for quite a while, can only be good on nexus 10. Good to see more development projects coming our way.

escosk8r

Aug 22, 2008
Just flashed and I've gotta say, I Love this ROM! It has a very unique original feel with the tablet ui. Thanks for making this!

Reactions: DamEloïd

beerope

Aug 6, 2012
So.....what does this ROM have apart from the tablet ui? And where's the thread with all the info...?

cdesai

Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
Tablet orientated ROM?!?!

Please, tell me which rom of the Nexus 10 is a phone-orientated rom.
Read your post again, you yourself called it a "GIANT PHONE".

Anyways, this is still WiP as said before, if you don't want to use it, no one is forcing you to.

One thing thoughm, I released it too early, and that's my bad.
My apologies to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flug

clavicle

Sep 16, 2009
Simla
OnePlus 8
Nothing Phone 1

Anyways, this is still WiP as said before, if you don't want to use it, no one is forcing you to.

Not to worry, I am currently running your Rom on my N-X and I tell you it is doing wonderfully OK, no issues I have noticed till now.

Keep up the good work!:good:

Last edited:

jspradling7

Nov 12, 2011
Houston

One thing though, I released it too early, and that's my bad.

Don't apologize for releasing a ROM, you said it was a WIP. Glad you're here. I run SGT7 on my Kindle Fire and love it. Thank you for the thread. :)

beerope

Aug 6, 2012

Hey man, sorry for saying that...I was too hot headed at that time...cheers mate, hopefully the tablet ui will be here soon :) cheers mate

cdesai

Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
vlxu0.png

Got a few minor issues to fix (including switching on the fly) before i'll do a new build with this :)

escosk8r

Aug 22, 2008
Hey man, sorry for saying that...I was too hot headed at that time...cheers mate, hopefully the tablet ui will be here soon :) cheers mate

Dude lay off the guy...He posted an exceptional ROM for all of us here and put his time into doing so and your being a jerk bashing him. All we need is to start making devs leave cause of sh*t like this and then we'll have less ROMs and less content overall for our N10's. The ROM rocks, treat people with more respect. After all, he built the ROM, Not you.

Top Liked Posts