IKEA Lamp controlled from an Android phone

Search This thread

FocusVideo

Dec 27, 2012
This post is about a simple idea: take a cheap 3 colours Ikea night lamp, hack it by replacing its original MCU and adding a cheap serial bluetooth device and then write a simple Android app to control the lamp remotely from your phone !

This is just the beginning, imagine the possibilities once the phone has direct control over the colours and their respective intensities. You can make it light up in sync with some music, you can make it change colours depending on some e-mails you receive or your Facebook status, etc. ...

You can find more details as well as the code, on the original blog post (I know I'm not allowed yet to post external links, but it's definitely not spam and I can't really just copy and past all the stuff and code examples from that blog here...):

trandi.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/spoka-night-light-controlled-from-and-android-phone/

Dan

It is better if it's Wifi embeded.

lopman

Jul 19, 2011
Sv: IKEA Lamp controlled from an Android phone

Really cool idea

Sendt fra min GT-N7100 med Tapatalk2

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Odp: IKEA Lamp controlled from an Android phone

Great idea! Have you made any progress on it? When ill do some tests when you'll post a tutorial on a lamp maybe I'll try to modify my entire room to be able to switch off and on light! It's an epic idea since I hate to get up to turn off light after ill get drowsy :p

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Odp: IKEA Lamp controlled from an Android phone

So for what does it exists? Bluetooth headset? Lol

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This post is about a simple idea: take a cheap 3 colours Ikea night lamp, hack it by replacing its original MCU and adding a cheap serial bluetooth device and then write a simple Android app to control the lamp remotely from your phone !

This is just the beginning, imagine the possibilities once the phone has direct control over the colours and their respective intensities. You can make it light up in sync with some music, you can make it change colours depending on some e-mails you receive or your Facebook status, etc. ...

You can find more details as well as the code, on the original blog post (I know I'm not allowed yet to post external links, but it's definitely not spam and I can't really just copy and past all the stuff and code examples from that blog here...):

trandi.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/spoka-night-light-controlled-from-and-android-phone/

Dan
    Best 1st post ever.