Will Root survive ?

Search This thread

RacerRon

Sep 21, 2013
On a Verizon non DE 4.4 with stock recovery , will root survive a device reset ?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
On a Verizon non DE 4.4 with stock recovery , will root survive a device reset ?

not 100% sure but if you do factory Reset you will have to reinstall SuperSU from the market place and then grab root checker and see.

i think it will because i have done it before but my bootloader was unlocked.

RacerRon

Sep 21, 2013
Thanks. This is what I suspected. I will find out for sure tomorrow night when my new Dev edition shows up and I reset thus phone. I guess as long as write protection is not reenabled, it should be no problem reinstalling supersu.

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
Thanks. This is what I suspected. I will find out for sure tomorrow night when my new Dev edition shows up and I reset thus phone. I guess as long as write protection is not reenabled, it should be no problem reinstalling supersu.

the issue is not with reinstalling SUPERSU the issues is if SlapMyMoto sticks or not. you can install SUPERSU on a device that is not rooted at all it just wont install the binaries

RacerRon

Sep 21, 2013
That's true. As long as write protection is still of , I would not have to flash back to 4.2.2 and start over. Slapping again is not too bad.

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
That's true. As long as write protection is still of , I would not have to flash back to 4.2.2 and start over. Slapping again is not too bad.

i think you would still have to flash back to 4.2.2 Post Camera Update because there is a couple commands that you need to run before you update to 4.4

RacerRon

Sep 21, 2013
Well , the slapmymoto root method will survive a data reset. All I had to do was reinstall SuperSU from the play store and all is well .