IMEI + Serial is fine, But yet still "Not Registered On Network"

Search This thread

yankeexda

Sep 12, 2009
i think this is a new issue, since updating to 4.1 and 4.3 i always get this network error but lucky for me i just reboot each and every time i encounter this. :mad:

but for at least 3 of my known colleagues, they have this same network error with EFS and IMEI intact.

Reactions: fma965

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
It sounds to me hardware problem. Try gg to a repair shop?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
It works on EE all the time, I cant unlock it with various tools as it's efsv2, do people ever read the problem before answering? I have told my friend to buy and unlock code to unlock it to all networks as after further testing me believe it's locked and it was a glitch it worked on giffgaff. I already tried flashing modems and only post mg4 works due to efsv2.

Thanks for trying but no luck so far, waiting for friend to get money to buy unlock code, and places that are cheap online?

Sent from my g2

nik60

Jun 24, 2012
arona
It works on EE all the time, I cant unlock it with various tools as it's efsv2, do people ever read the problem before answering? I have told my friend to buy and unlock code to unlock it to all networks as after further testing me believe it's locked and it was a glitch it worked on giffgaff. I already tried flashing modems and only post mg4 works due to efsv2.

Thanks for trying but no luck so far, waiting for friend to get money to buy unlock code, and places that are cheap online?

Sent from my g2

hi
the same problem here with 1 gs3
i had 20 other gs3 with this problem. when efs is corrupt work patched kernel and modem from zuluman
now i have this gs3 and i bought it with signal problem(caused update ota mg4 firmware)-imei is OK(zuluman no work in this case)
is true ,network data work
i flashed firmware 3 file for 3 time - format sd-system-data with philz cwm -no work i have signal but only for 3/4 min after reboot

well
flashed IMPERIUM rom
flashed unoffical boeffla 5.2 beta1 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2623170
modem mk1 http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy3sojo38bne2wd/I9300_Modem_DDUGMK1(3).zip
now my phone working not 100% but for 20 hours in a day

maybe i help you
or if your phone is operator locked try "regionlockaway.apk"
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46187854&postcount=2
or "GalaxySim unlock" from play store

Last edited by a moderator:

hierarchy666

Jan 24, 2011
Singapore

Sent from my g2

Is unlock code cheaper than z3x box?

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Thanks but I don't believe this is the issue, and both those apps don't work on efsv2. And region lock away is not even for the S3

Sent from my LG G2 running Dirty Unicorns!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Those are your basic answers to this question that i posted the bit at the top well as 99.99% refuse to search or read the faqs i am not going to make a special link just for you sorry .
    Well thanks, TBH why are you even on XDA then? I have helped many people on both Xperia Play and LG G2 sections hence why i am a RC glad to see your so welcoming. All i am trying to do is fix a phone for a friend i have tried those links already don't give me some BS saying i don't search when you don't know whether i have or haven't, to be clear I HAVE TRIED ALL THAT INCLUDING FLASHING TO 4.0.4 AND 4.X AND CUSTOM MODEMS.

I Also know my way around flashing CWM zips and Odin Tar.gz files. So don't assume i am a noob and don't know what im doing and just need a answer quick (infact this is the exact reason why i never ask for help on XDA regardless to me always helping others, People give you to much **** for no reason)
    Those are your basic answers to this question that i posted the bit at the top well as 99.99% refuse to search or read the faqs i am not going to make a special link just for you sorry .

No one asked you to make a special link have some respect fma965 is a respected member of XDA and as his own stickies and threads in many forums and I remember him well from my Xperia Play days:good:The only thing you seem to contribute is links to stickies and to put everybody off posting any questions at all.
    I seriously don't know where he got that 99.9% statistic from.
    If your imei is not blacklisted then your phone is probably locked, either that or some hardware failure, but i couldn't be certain, I'm not 99.9% sure. Best of luck mate..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Yeah i dunno, Never seen him before but started looking at his posts and they are all the same stuff. My IMEI can't be blacklisted although it is a Ex-Contract phone but it has rang my phone atleast twice and i have rung it atleast once (When a giffgaff sim was inserted) and yet now i can't get GiffGaff working at all (before it was working some times) EE still always works though. Any ideas? Yeah it could be a HW Fault.

Basically my friend bought the phone for £70 from a friend, It was stolen ages ago and he reported it to the police he was then contacted by the police saying they found the phone, The owner got it back but no longer needed it so sold it to my friend. (DONT READ THIS AS THE PHONE BEING STOLEN AS THATS NOT WHAT IT SAYS :) )

Thanks, I'm glad i helped :) Now all i need is some help in return :D obviously if people don't know the answer then they can't help and thats fine. But if you do know the answers or have ideas then please let me know.

UPDATE: Just to make sure i haven't missed anything i went through essentially every page of those threads, Guess what... Didn't help.

Good to see you on here fma965:good: I'm not going to ask you the noob questions about apn etc etc..But I will though keep my eyes open if I see anything regarding your problem I noticed you said you had problems with O2/GiffGaff you probably know this already but GiffGaff piggy backs on O2 network so if it is working with other networks then I would start looking at the O2/GiffGaff connection or not as the case might be :D.. I don't think this sounds like a efs problem could it be a problem with O2/GiffGaff blocking it (none paid bill etc can put a block on it) not from you but who ever had the phone before.But then you had it working partially on GiffGaff strange.. Will keep a look out for you anyway good luck hope you solve it.;)
    Good to see you on here fma965:good: I'm not going to ask you the noob questions about apn etc etc..But I will though keep my eyes open if I see anything regarding your problem I noticed you said you had problems with O2/GiffGaff you probably know this already but GiffGaff piggy backs on O2 network so if it is working with other networks then I would start looking at the O2/GiffGaff connection or not as the case might be :D.. I don't think this sounds like a efs problem could it be a problem with O2/GiffGaff blocking it (none paid bill etc can put a block on it) not from you but who ever had the phone before.But then you had it working partially on GiffGaff strange.. Will keep a look out for you anyway good luck hope you solve it.;)
    Hi thanks, Yeah just to clarify i don't own this phone its for a friend so doubt i will be in this section much, Yeah i am aware GiffGaff and O2 are both on O2 masts. Yeah it does seem like a weird issue doesn't it. Also you mentioned APN's etc, Well my friend seemed to have internet on this phone without even registered on a network.

I have also tried the sim from my LG G2 which is on Three and same issue, Only EE works which makes me think its locked still (especially considering it was on EE before my friend got it)

Thanks any way.

Now i understand this is a grey legal area so i am not expecting detailed information just a yes/no, If i was to use the EFS backup from another friends S3 i9300 which is on v1 still and then restore it to this phone and patch the correct IMEI back in would it work?