Battery drain app?

Search This thread

redddog

Jul 27, 2011
My battery is god-awful after the update. I know the stock answer is to disable stuff and see what happens but that would take me about a month.

It seems like android OS is a huge percentage (like 40% sometimes) and my screen only lasts for about 2 hours (on about 25% brightness).

Is there any app out there that can pin-point my issue without having to constantly troubleshoot for a month?

My wife has a Moto X that outlasts my maxx.

Sorry for yet another battery question.

Caseyk621

Mar 20, 2011
Rochester, NY
OnePlus 9 Pro
My battery is god-awful after the update. I know the stock answer is to disable stuff and see what happens but that would take me about a month.

It seems like android OS is a huge percentage (like 40% sometimes) and my screen only lasts for about 2 hours (on about 25% brightness).

Is there any app out there that can pin-point my issue without having to constantly troubleshoot for a month?

GSAM works great. Breaks down usage by app and processes. Its even better if you have root.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm

Sent From My Droid Ultra

JustMeHere

Jan 9, 2011

I had issues with the native email client using POP3 accounts. I had more than one account set up. Over a short period my phone lost its mind and synchronized as fast as it could. Killed my battery in a matter of hours. I had to delete them and use only one. Hooray KitCrap.
I also found that under the Google settings, turning off the device managers like remote wipe helped a lot.
Lastly Motocare was causing a lot of issues. I had turned it off under Motorola privacy but it was still collecting data. In the settings/apps/all I cleared the 50+MB of data and force stopped it and did the same for MotocareInt. That seemed to help a lot.
I have a much improved battery. Almost like on Jelly Bean.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: kanagadeepan

pinkLeviosa

May 5, 2014

I also use One power guard by onexuan together with Gsam , you can easily find it at google play store.

redddog

Jul 27, 2011
I also use One power guard by onexuan together with Gsam , you can easily find it at google play store.

Everyone talks about Gsam but I find it unhelpful for this application. All it tells me is that the Kernal (androis OS)is using 37% of app ussage (next one is Android system @ 3%) and then is says it COULD be anyone of the next 80 included processes.

Is there anything out there that could show specifically what's eating the battery?

Last edited:

pinkLeviosa

May 5, 2014
Try better battery stats

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Everyone talks about Gsam but I find it unhelpful for this application. All it tells me is that the Kernal (androis OS)is using 37% of app ussage (next one is Android system @ 3%) and then is says it COULD be anyone of the next 80 included processes.

Is there anything out there that could show specifically what's eating the battery?

Try Better Battery stats, its not free though , use Battery stats plus, I already used it and maybe thats the app youve been looking for or try Wakelock detector, its different.. it shows the app how long its using the background processes, thats what I understand, and im still using it...

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I had issues with the native email client using POP3 accounts. I had more than one account set up. Over a short period my phone lost its mind and synchronized as fast as it could. Killed my battery in a matter of hours. I had to delete them and use only one. Hooray KitCrap.
    I also found that under the Google settings, turning off the device managers like remote wipe helped a lot.
    Lastly Motocare was causing a lot of issues. I had turned it off under Motorola privacy but it was still collecting data. In the settings/apps/all I cleared the 50+MB of data and force stopped it and did the same for MotocareInt. That seemed to help a lot.
    I have a much improved battery. Almost like on Jelly Bean.
    Hope this helps.