[Q] Trouble swapping SD cards on Lumia 520

Search This thread

lohtse

Apr 1, 2009
Where ever they send Me!!
Recently been issued Lumia 520s at work but only had 2gig sdcards in..

Have played around with it and moved apps to sdcard etc.

Now I copied everything including the hidden folders to an 8gig sdcard and swapped over to in on the 520... Everything seems ok but all apps moved to sdcard now say they are unavailable!!!! Any ideas what am doing wrong and how to over come the issue?

Regards
Lohtse

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Recently been issued Lumia 520s at work but only had 2gig sdcards in..

Have played around with it and moved apps to sdcard etc.

Now I copied everything including the hidden folders to an 8gig sdcard and swapped over to in on the 520... Everything seems ok but all apps moved to sdcard now say they are unavailable!!!! Any ideas what am doing wrong and how to over come the issue?

Regards
Lohtse
you need to reinstall them again because you can't swap app's from one sd card to another. (its encrypted with the sd card ID )
so just reinstall your app's and all is ok.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
It's to prevent cheating (or piracy) by copying/modifying the app data; it's not "flippin stupid" at all.

1) Put the old card back in your phone.
2) Move the apps from the card to the phone (if you have to, just uninstall the apps instead).
3) Eject the old card and put in the newer, larger one.
4) Move the apps back to the card (or re-install them to the card).

Yeah, it'll take a few minutes and it would be nice if there was an easier way to do it, but the solution shouldn't be difficult.

Reactions: compu829

lohtse

Apr 1, 2009
Where ever they send Me!!
I have no issues with the locking down of swapping cards but should at least give us the option to reinstall or reinstall like they do after an update of the os! Thats why its flippin stupid!.

As to moving back to internal its not possible as have moved 60% of apps to cards tonsave space on phone...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's to prevent cheating (or piracy) by copying/modifying the app data; it's not "flippin stupid" at all.

1) Put the old card back in your phone.
    2) Move the apps from the card to the phone (if you have to, just uninstall the apps instead).
    3) Eject the old card and put in the newer, larger one.
    4) Move the apps back to the card (or re-install them to the card).

Yeah, it'll take a few minutes and it would be nice if there was an easier way to do it, but the solution shouldn't be difficult.