CONSTANT varying screen brightness

Search This thread

QuantumPSI

Mar 31, 2009
Does anybody else's 2014 constantly vary the screen brightness? It's subtle and seems to happen constantly at 1 Hz.

Whenever I'm looking at it and the screen is mostly white, you can see this slight pulse. It's driving me mad!

And no, "auto" is not on.

How can I stop this? It's literally the only thing that is annoying the crap out of me on this device.

Maybe my eyes are too sensitive :-/

madsquabbles

Jan 31, 2009
not too many people seem to be bothered by it, so we're in the minority. lots of these newer monitors are doing this and it annoys the hell out of me. as far as i can find, there's nothing we can do.

botoid

Apr 24, 2014
Maybe you are referring to
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2502964&page=2

In which case turning off auto color and every other auto settings would not solve the slight screen adjustments you are seeing.

I experience the 1hz very slight flickering when typing an email from k9 mail. I believe the blinking cursor is making the device adjust the brightness at the same frequency.

Last edited:

Risley1

Jul 10, 2014
I found the problem of varying screen brightness

Hi All,

This is actually my first post as I've been wandering around xda for a while as a guest and enjoying the hi tech professionalism here. When I saw this thread I HAD to join....

I have a new 10.1 2014 edition LTE T-Mobile version that T-Mobile unlocked for me this week and I am using it on AT&T LTE and it works great!! I have not rooted this device, it is completely stock.

I installed a few different keyboards to try out which were Swiftkey, Google Keyboard, TouchPal X, Swype, and the stock Samsung default keyboard.
I noticed last night in my living room while typing an email that the entire display was faintly pulsing bright/dim in perfect timing with the blinking cursor. After much trial I found out it only happens when using Google Keyboard or TouchPal X. If I use Swiftkey, Samsung, or Swype keyboards the screen does not pulse with the blinking cursor. So needless to say I uninstalled Google Keyboard and TouchPal X. They must be extremely heavy apps in terms of RAM usage maybe?? This is where you guys can take over....

Thanks

Risley1

Jul 10, 2014
Any fix to this issue yet guys? I thought I figured it out but I didn't, it randomly happens in different apps and it is REALLY bumming me out. Very difficult to look at a screen with it pulsing bright/dim. Sadly may have to ditch my Note because of this :crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Turn off auto color settings not just auto brightness.