[MOD] [KA7 / KB1] Epic & Fascinate Lockscreens + Power Menu [1.24.2011][OLD]

Search This thread

Whitehawkx

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2010
Emerald City
The moment you have all ben waiting for... I bring to you the lockscreen mod for STOCK DEODEXED KA7! Did you catch the DEODEX part? A deodexed version of KA7 can be found in my thread here. This includes all FOUR lockscreens - Epic, Fascinate, Glass & AOSP.

This will NOT work on the stock Odin version and remember to ALWAYS make a nandroid backup!!!

Please be aware that this is based off the stock KA7 frameworks and flashing will remove any theming you have.

Link below is OLD! This mod has been severely improved upon HERE
DOWNLOAD <<<<< KA7 Lockscreen & Power Menu Mod
MD5 Checksum - 5C3D723589DEBC76A1A6CA14A13C2E64

Credits & Thank You's
~First to Untermensch for providing the source for his KA5 port. It definitely made the process much easier.
~Also a BIG thank you to Sombionix and all of Team Whiskey. I had problems with the Settings.apk so I used their displaysettings.smali to get it to compile right. Thanks to a tip from Untermensch I was able to edit the displaysettings.smali and get the Settings.apk to compile all on my own. Nothing in this mod is kanged what-so-ever. :)

Thank you and please enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE 1/24/2011 @ 3:50pm EST - Settings.apk was 100% compiled by me. Nothing is kanged. YAY.

UPDATE 1/24/2011: Added Power Menu & Stay Awake Option

UPDATE @10:35PM EST 1/23/2011: FC issue when in an app's settings menu fixed!

UPDATE: Sorry everyone but I had to pull it for the time being. I found a bug where you can't enter the settings/preferences of ANY installed apps...

LINK AT THE BOTTOM IS FOR THE LOCKSCREEN MOD ONLY!

Attachments

• KA7_deodex_lockscreen_mod.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 346
Last edited:

jellette

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Thanks a lot!

I messed up somewhere and got reboots after adding this, gonna try again.

If your pm question wasn't answered because I answered the wrong part of it... let me know.

Reactions: Whitehawkx

Whitehawkx

Oct 13, 2010
Emerald City
Thanks a lot!

I messed up somewhere and got reboots after adding this, gonna try again.

If your pm question wasn't answered because I answered the wrong part of it... let me know.

Hey thanks Heathen. I managed to get those colors sorted out [I think]. Still trying to fix the fatal flaw with these lockscreens. I've narrowed the issue down to the framework-res but I can't for the life of me see wth the problem is. The lockscreens work but whenever you try to enter the settings of an app (Superuser, Gmail) it frickin' force closes. Hopefully I get it sorted out soon as I know lots of ppl love this mod.

jellette

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hey thanks Heathen. I managed to get those colors sorted out [I think]. Still trying to fix the fatal flaw with these lockscreens. I've narrowed the issue down to the framework-res but I can't for the life of me see wth the problem is. The lockscreens work but whenever you try to enter the settings of an app (Superuser, Gmail) it frickin' force closes. Hopefully I get it sorted out soon as I know lots of ppl love this mod.

Take your time - everyone will have no choice but to wait until they are done, or do them themselves.

TJD319

Aug 15, 2010
Allentown
Yeah man I can't appreciate it enough. This and the power menu mods are the best ones to help customize this phone and Id wait for it to be perfect over anything.

Thanks again!

Whitehawkx

Oct 13, 2010
Emerald City
FC issue fixed and lockscreen mod re-posted in the OP. It seems I just needed to run the optimize option on the images. It also fixed the color issue on the android lockscreen. YAY.

Now I'm going to bed... Power menu hopefully tomorrow...

Goodnight everyone. :)

Reactions: azzzz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The moment you have all ben waiting for... I bring to you the lockscreen mod for STOCK DEODEXED KA7! Did you catch the DEODEX part? A deodexed version of KA7 can be found in my thread here. This includes all FOUR lockscreens - Epic, Fascinate, Glass & AOSP.

This will NOT work on the stock Odin version and remember to ALWAYS make a nandroid backup!!!

Please be aware that this is based off the stock KA7 frameworks and flashing will remove any theming you have.

Link below is OLD! This mod has been severely improved upon HERE
    DOWNLOAD <<<<< KA7 Lockscreen & Power Menu Mod
    MD5 Checksum - 5C3D723589DEBC76A1A6CA14A13C2E64

Credits & Thank You's
    ~First to Untermensch for providing the source for his KA5 port. It definitely made the process much easier.
    ~Also a BIG thank you to Sombionix and all of Team Whiskey. I had problems with the Settings.apk so I used their displaysettings.smali to get it to compile right. Thanks to a tip from Untermensch I was able to edit the displaysettings.smali and get the Settings.apk to compile all on my own. Nothing in this mod is kanged what-so-ever. :)

Thank you and please enjoy!

UPDATE 1/24/2011 @ 3:50pm EST - Settings.apk was 100% compiled by me. Nothing is kanged. YAY.

UPDATE 1/24/2011: Added Power Menu & Stay Awake Option

UPDATE @10:35PM EST 1/23/2011: FC issue when in an app's settings menu fixed!

UPDATE: Sorry everyone but I had to pull it for the time being. I found a bug where you can't enter the settings/preferences of ANY installed apps...

LINK AT THE BOTTOM IS FOR THE LOCKSCREEN MOD ONLY!
    HSPA "H" icon fixed

Hey everybody,

Attached is an experimental change to the lockscreen/power menu update which makes the HSPA icon distinguishable. Meaning if your phone is in 3G it says 3G, and if your phone is in HSPA it says H. Tested on mine and works great! Standard disclaimers apply.

Install the lockscreen/power menu mod in the OP first, then this!

Install the lockscreen/power menu mod in the OP again to undo this.

If enough people like this feature maybe we should make it a part of the standard lockscreen/powermenu releases?
    what about the power menu?

You ppl are ruthless X_X;;; lol I will add the power menu to this later. Right now I need a break. :rolleyes:
    You ppl are ruthless X_X;;; lol I will add the power menu to this later. Right now I need a break. :rolleyes:

you are the Master of lockscreens and power menu. LOL.. what do you expect? LOL.. thanks a lot bro!!
    Myself and another user, Razormy, flashed this on top KB1 and everything is working just fine. Compared the KA7 framework with the KB1 framework and they were identical.