List the 3 reason you use your xoom for?

Search This thread

TheStickMan

Sep 16, 2011
i ll least three things apparently a xoom wasnt meant for.
1. UPDATING(because if you had anything fixed before, it aint fixed now.Tethering anyone??)
2. TETHERING(bluetooth or adhoc)...apparently i didnt GET THAT DAMN memo
3.connecting to a secure school network..because apparently my STOCK ICS OVA xoom cant DOIT.

thank you very much motorphwkingrola for your worthless crap.

just when i thought i had a damn winner. im going back to apple. android perks arent worth this hassle.
I lol'd.

Cos, iOS totally gives you tethering and domain networking out of the box..

picketf

Feb 21, 2012
1. STEREO System (dock hooks to my HDMI in AMP 6 speakers) Sky FM and Google Music cloud
2. Comics with ComicRack
3. Composing Music - I use FourTracks and my fav. Caustic 2.0 both very nice apps can even export to midi so I can retouch/remaster with garageband. Then there is also this app called "Su-Preme MPA" an unbelievable fully functional MPC... Sampling beats on Xoom is HOooooot!

Reactions: okantomi
D

Deleted member 4314133

1) Media(Music,movies,streming etc.
2)Games
3)E-Books.

jaekidd1012

Nov 27, 2007
New York, NY
1. Web browsing (especially when in class when I need a clearer explanation of what the professor is talking about)
2. Media on a larger screen.
3. Laptop replacement for situations where bringing along my laptop isn't possible/feasible.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

bman17

Feb 15, 2012
Garnet Valley, PA
1. Web browsing
2. Music
3. Games
4. Magnet for my kids to steal (had to put that one in there).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

lchiu7

Mar 2, 2010
1. GPS for my vehicle (tethered to my phone via. WiFi).
2. Media
3. Reading, web browsing on the go.

As an aside I use my Xoom for those tasks also. Also email.

But the other day when I was using Google maps (and this has occurred more than once) when the directions were being read out, I heard all the XML being read out! This is on ICS. That was really strange.

I wonder if anybody else has noticed this?

bman17

Feb 15, 2012
Garnet Valley, PA
Now it watching movies on the xoom on my TV. Just bought the HDMI connection for the xoom and watched a HD movie connected to my TV and.it worked flawlessly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What remote desktop app you use cause I use team viewer and its giving me problems

2X and it's free
    i ll least three things apparently a xoom wasnt meant for.
    1. UPDATING(because if you had anything fixed before, it aint fixed now.Tethering anyone??)
    2. TETHERING(bluetooth or adhoc)...apparently i didnt GET THAT DAMN memo
    3.connecting to a secure school network..because apparently my STOCK ICS OVA xoom cant DOIT.

thank you very much motorphwkingrola for your worthless crap.

just when i thought i had a damn winner. im going back to apple. android perks arent worth this hassle.
    I lol'd.

Cos, iOS totally gives you tethering and domain networking out of the box..
    What app do you guys use/recommend for remote desktop? And free alternative, please?

I use splashtop HD but its a paid app.

Its in real time with sound.
    Has google discover so if at work and forgot your home IP. It just sets it up for you very handy.

Sent from my Xoom
    What app do you guys use/recommend for remote desktop? And free alternative, please?

I use mine for fb, browsing at night in bed (now, hehe), troubleshooting something (instant on and handy), casual gaming to keep me occupied, RSS feeds. Will use as movie player when travelling.
    Remote desktop client - paid
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.xtralogic.android.rdpclient.trial
    1. STEREO System (dock hooks to my HDMI in AMP 6 speakers) Sky FM and Google Music cloud
    2. Comics with ComicRack
    3. Composing Music - I use FourTracks and my fav. Caustic 2.0 both very nice apps can even export to midi so I can retouch/remaster with garageband. Then there is also this app called "Su-Preme MPA" an unbelievable fully functional MPC... Sampling beats on Xoom is HOooooot!