[24-feb-2012] ElocityPlusMod v1.00 (A7 PLUS ONLY)

Search This thread

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
!!This is ONLY for Elocity A7 PLUS! (model with 1024x600 resolution)

This Mod is based on Elocity Stock with additions from Nvidia SDK, to make a better functioning stock rom with google apps.

You can also follow updates on my homepage at Dexter's mods

Installation Instructions:
ALWAYS HAVE CHARGER CONNECTED WHEN UPDATING A FIRMWARE

You can download from here MD5SUM: 7d69789e85e946c7f456c8f8f455a352
It will require Wipe/factory reset as well. as reports on the update seems to report some problems if not, so its your ownproblem if it does FC alot, if you do not wipe

Install using recovery menu.
  1. copy the file to the root of your sdcard and rename to Update.zip.
  2. Enter "Recovery menu" by pressing power for 2seconds, release
  3. then hold power button until "hold power 5sec...." appear and wait until it says booting recovery kernel..and release power button.
  4. Press "HOME" button to see menu, use SEARCH/BACK button to navigate.
  5. select "Wipe/factory reset" - press MENU key to activate
  6. then select "apply sdcard:update.zip" - press MENU to activate
  7. after the small install process - press "reboot" to finalize and wait for the upgrade to take place on second screen that appear.

ISSUES
- Screen brightness cannot change (Settings crash when selected)
- Volume in status bar not included (using old A7 mod here, ill figure a solution out, maybe app from Market?)

KERNEL USED IS STOCK ROM EDITION, SINCE SOURCE IS NOT RELEASED

CHANGELOG
v1.00
- Initial release
- includes a fixed RECOVERY , which allow you to do a proper WIPE (Factory reset)
- DSP audio manager
- rotation fix for some games
- all google apps functionality with calendar and email and sync
- flash player 10.3 included (full embedded media support) , if you want to upgrade, please uninstall the old one first.
- still no "move 2 sdcard" (needs different release 2.3.6 to support it and new kernel)
- no longer uses /storage as sdcard location.
/mnt/sdcard is now internal storage,
AND
/mnt/sdcard/sdcard-disk is external sdcard location.​
- root enabled (Superuser is used here)
- wma/wmv media support

THANKS to all who donated previously and up to now! its appreciated, and shows that people like the extras added...

WARNING: Use this image at your own risk and i take no responsibility if you brick your tablet..
PS: you can ALWAYS use the elocity Recovery from A7 install instructions here

If you like it press "THANKS"

Last edited:

extremists

Feb 24, 2012
MUMBAI
hey dexter need ur help...... ive tried porting sense 3.5 to defy......when i went in the port section in kitchen.........i setup the port and i got 2 folders MY KERNEL,MY DEVICE FOLDER....i am porting it on defy...i changed the folder MY DEVICE FOLDER to "WORKING_sense" and then set up a working folder and then built up the rom but it didnt work out...i got an error
E:error status 6...wat shud i do..plzz help

gemini002

May 14, 2008
hey bud my usb does not work on this mod also is there a honeycomb for the plus version

gemini002

May 14, 2008
when i plug it in its not detected does not light up..i flashed orginal software and port works

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

when i install ur rom @ first boot i get boot loop so i have to turn off then it boots but no working usb port so frustrated

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

did you note, mount location changed from original rom?`its no longer in /mnt/storage but /mnt/sdcard like other tablets.

yes usb is not bein mounted at all

gemini002

May 14, 2008
The latest fw was on my tablet also on orginal fw in recovery when I choose factory reset it just shuts of ..

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA App

gemini002

May 14, 2008
yes works fine now ..sometimes sceen turns off and wont turn back on reboot needed also when will update to this come out wnt to move apps 2 sd

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
yes works fine now ..sometimes sceen turns off and wont turn back on reboot needed also when will update to this come out wnt to move apps 2 sd

the SOD issue was a well known problem of Tegra2 in its early days. problem with this tablet is that it needs a new kernel update and i do not see that one coming to solve SOD problems (from the past).

strangely the first A7 did not have it,while my Folio100 suffered badly from SOD with the early kernels.

so its known, but not being fixed i guess.

actually Nvidia wrote on their webpage that this hardware had the problem on some tablet could be awakened again by pushing out the sdcard? maybe an idea?

Reactions: gemini002

gemini002

May 14, 2008
u have made this tablet a rel steal for me now only paid 120 cdn for it...now how can we get tablet to install to sd card?

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
u have made this tablet a rel steal for me now only paid 120 cdn for it...now how can we get tablet to install to sd card?

we need a kernel, the function required for installing to sdcard (loopback device) is not compiled into the kernel. so its not working for any rom.

i made CM7 + HC3.0(from A7Comb) working, but without the function from the kernel, those are not worth using. so im holding back those for a release until a solution is found.

gemini002

May 14, 2008
we need a kernel, the function required for installing to sdcard (loopback device) is not compiled into the kernel. so its not working for any rom.

i made CM7 + HC3.0(from A7Comb) working, but without the function from the kernel, those are not worth using. so im holding back those for a release until a solution is found.

Does it have more internal memory free??would love to try it ..also how dani increase my internal memory

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Does it have more internal memory free??would love to try it ..also how dani increase my internal memory

you can find the CyanogenModPlus edition now using link in post to download.
its beta but until a kernel is ready, we have to live with minors. as its work quite well.
remember to have embedded video working, install the CF3D plugin from Market (ChainFire 3d) and reboot, and you can see embedded video quite fine on cyanogenmod too.

JF-GINO

Apr 30, 2011
Toronto
Hey Dexter_nlb,

This seems to be the best rom available for this tablet - its more stable then the stock roms and offers some improvements and speed overall making it the best so far.

I just have one problem with it that you might be able to help out with:

I have just noticed that your ROM is missing the ability to change the WIFI Sleep Policy. Its set for ON by default - but cannot be turned off. This is a big problem as WIFI disconnects every time the screen turns off. It then takes over 30sec to re-connect (depending on wifi network) and any programs open that require a connection stop responding or start to force close.

I use my Tablet as a controller for my home theater and because of this I cant use this great rom. I cant use the stock rom either as The stock rom does not work with my home theater apps.

I was wondering if you could fix this easily or could show me how - EG: Build.prop string??? or other mod? - port settings.apk or wifi related libs from std rom?
I just need the WIFI to stay on.

Thanks in advance.
JF

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
This seems to be the best rom available for this tablet - its more stable then the stock roms and offers some improvements and speed overall making it the best so far.
i would dare say its the only one for A7+ now :)
activity has changed alot since all the new android tabs got out.

I have just noticed that your ROM is missing the ability to change the WIFI Sleep Policy. Its set for ON by default - but cannot be turned off. This is a big problem as WIFI disconnects every time the screen turns off. It then takes over 30sec to re-connect (depending on wifi network) and any programs open that require a connection stop responding or start to force close.

I use my Tablet as a controller for my home theater and because of this I cant use this great rom. I cant use the stock rom either as The stock rom does not work with my home theater apps.

I was wondering if you could fix this easily or could show me how - EG: Build.prop string??? or other mod? - port settings.apk or wifi related libs from std rom?
you might be able to download an app from Market that solves it?
Advanced WIFI LOCK (Free edition)
it might help.
otherwise only way around is going into Development settings, and chose "stay awake"?

anyways, the wifi issue is more common being a kernel issue, which in the early nvidia for these tablets had a deep sleep issue, which also killed wifi signal. its only solved by a full kernel upgrade to android 3.x (2.6.36.x or higher) which i have no good chance of doing completely.

to get better support, the CyanogenModPlus rom is getting better now, since kernel is changing with OC support and better market install support as well.
but thats probably the best this can offer for now.

Reactions: JF-GINO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    !!This is ONLY for Elocity A7 PLUS! (model with 1024x600 resolution)

This Mod is based on Elocity Stock with additions from Nvidia SDK, to make a better functioning stock rom with google apps.

You can also follow updates on my homepage at Dexter's mods

Installation Instructions:
    ALWAYS HAVE CHARGER CONNECTED WHEN UPDATING A FIRMWARE

You can download from here MD5SUM: 7d69789e85e946c7f456c8f8f455a352
    It will require Wipe/factory reset as well. as reports on the update seems to report some problems if not, so its your ownproblem if it does FC alot, if you do not wipe

Install using recovery menu.
    1. copy the file to the root of your sdcard and rename to Update.zip.
    2. Enter "Recovery menu" by pressing power for 2seconds, release
    3. then hold power button until "hold power 5sec...." appear and wait until it says booting recovery kernel..and release power button.
    4. Press "HOME" button to see menu, use SEARCH/BACK button to navigate.
    5. select "Wipe/factory reset" - press MENU key to activate
    6. then select "apply sdcard:update.zip" - press MENU to activate
    7. after the small install process - press "reboot" to finalize and wait for the upgrade to take place on second screen that appear.

ISSUES
    - Screen brightness cannot change (Settings crash when selected)
    - Volume in status bar not included (using old A7 mod here, ill figure a solution out, maybe app from Market?)

KERNEL USED IS STOCK ROM EDITION, SINCE SOURCE IS NOT RELEASED

CHANGELOG
    v1.00
    - Initial release
    - includes a fixed RECOVERY , which allow you to do a proper WIPE (Factory reset)
    - DSP audio manager
    - rotation fix for some games
    - all google apps functionality with calendar and email and sync
    - flash player 10.3 included (full embedded media support) , if you want to upgrade, please uninstall the old one first.
    - still no "move 2 sdcard" (needs different release 2.3.6 to support it and new kernel)
    - no longer uses /storage as sdcard location.
    /mnt/sdcard is now internal storage,
    AND
    /mnt/sdcard/sdcard-disk is external sdcard location.​
    - root enabled (Superuser is used here)
    - wma/wmv media support

THANKS to all who donated previously and up to now! its appreciated, and shows that people like the extras added...

WARNING: Use this image at your own risk and i take no responsibility if you brick your tablet..
    PS: you can ALWAYS use the elocity Recovery from A7 install instructions here

If you like it press "THANKS"

the SOD issue was a well known problem of Tegra2 in its early days. problem with this tablet is that it needs a new kernel update and i do not see that one coming to solve SOD problems (from the past).

strangely the first A7 did not have it,while my Folio100 suffered badly from SOD with the early kernels.

so its known, but not being fixed i guess.

actually Nvidia wrote on their webpage that this hardware had the problem on some tablet could be awakened again by pushing out the sdcard? maybe an idea?
    i would dare say its the only one for A7+ now :)
    activity has changed alot since all the new android tabs got out.

you might be able to download an app from Market that solves it?
    Advanced WIFI LOCK (Free edition)
    it might help.
    otherwise only way around is going into Development settings, and chose "stay awake"?

anyways, the wifi issue is more common being a kernel issue, which in the early nvidia for these tablets had a deep sleep issue, which also killed wifi signal. its only solved by a full kernel upgrade to android 3.x (2.6.36.x or higher) which i have no good chance of doing completely.

to get better support, the CyanogenModPlus rom is getting better now, since kernel is changing with OC support and better market install support as well.
    but thats probably the best this can offer for now.