[ROM][JB] - Stock Root De-Odex - I535VRBLI5 (vzw leak)

Search This thread

alexcolodner

Jan 31, 2011
Brooklyn
Here is a De-odexed version of the new JB leak for the vzw sgs3!
I figured a de-odexed version was needed so we could get some good mods and themes up in here!

I535VRBLI5:
De-odexed
Completely Stock (other than below)
Rooted
Busybox
Unsecured boot.img
Init.d support
Nothing else has been touched!

2dl1835.jpg

How to Install:
Must be rooted and have custom recovery
Must have unlocked bootloader

Place zip on phone/sd storage
Boot into recovery
Make a Nandroid Backup!
Factory Reset
Wipe System
Install zip
Wipe cache/dalvik
Reboot
Brag

I have updated the link with a rebuilt version.
DOWNLOAD: I535VRBLI5_Stock_Rooted_DeOdexed_VZW_rebuilt.zip

I have also rebuilt a version that is exactly the same as the one above but is odexed. Download here.

Credit goes to Jucytec for giving us the leak
Thanks to Incubus26jc and everyone who helped get this thing working last night! Also, thanks to Verizon... NOT

For any devs that want the original unedited leak files, I have uploaded a mirror of these files that I got from scrosler: http://goo.gl/gIKBQ
^^^These are not rooted and cannot be flashed in ODIN or recovery. Only download if you know what they are for please.

Last edited:

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
TYVM mighty kind of you :)

Would thank you but my 8 thanks went quick when this dropped :p

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
We are limited to 8 thanks? A day?
Understandable though, don't worry about it.

Hey did you create this from the original TAR file or from INC's odexed ROM? If you have the original TAR file...any idea if the TAR file is safe to flash? Does it wipe anything? I have copy of it and want to play around but just want to confirm a few things.

Last edited:

alexcolodner

Jan 31, 2011
Brooklyn
Hey did you create this from the original TAR file or from INC's odexed ROM? If you have the original TAR file...any idea if the TAR file is safe to flash? Does it wipe anything? I have copy of it and want to play around but just want to confirm a few things.

Based off Incubus' odexed rom. There is currently no tar available for us to use. Inc or Jucy might have it but as far as I understand they pulled the files from the tar because is was corrupt. If yours copy is not corrupted I would love to get my hand on it.

anyone have an update on the stability of this rom??

So far so good.. have been running it for atleast 6 hours with no issues at all.

Last edited:

alexcolodner

Jan 31, 2011
Brooklyn
Thanks for the de-odex version. 4*5 launcher and note 2 gallery from Inc's jelly wiz thread are both working fyi

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Great! I like the 4x5 launcher much better than stock.

I am rebuilding this from the source and will be re-uploading this. Only real difference is it will be zipaligned and have the boot sounds.

Reactions: dukins and prenedo

teggy_D

Jan 28, 2012
This is running legit and smooth. I kept the VRLHE modem though. Some people are reporting slow upload speeds with the new JB one. And I'm also using the leaked 4.2 keyboard, no problems.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

zapote21

Aug 18, 2009
Westfield, IN
Anyone try Google Wallet? If not, no biggie... I will when I am done flashing...lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

ucpro

Aug 12, 2009
orlando
so nobody is having an issue with android system and media draining the battery. both me and my wife's phone has the issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a De-odexed version of the new JB leak for the vzw sgs3!
    I figured a de-odexed version was needed so we could get some good mods and themes up in here!

I535VRBLI5:
    De-odexed
    Completely Stock (other than below)
    Rooted
    Busybox
    Unsecured boot.img
    Init.d support
    Nothing else has been touched!

2dl1835.jpg

How to Install:
    Must be rooted and have custom recovery
    Must have unlocked bootloader

Place zip on phone/sd storage
    Boot into recovery
    Make a Nandroid Backup!
    Factory Reset
    Wipe System
    Install zip
    Wipe cache/dalvik
    Reboot
    Brag

I have updated the link with a rebuilt version.
    DOWNLOAD: I535VRBLI5_Stock_Rooted_DeOdexed_VZW_rebuilt.zip

I have also rebuilt a version that is exactly the same as the one above but is odexed. Download here.

Credit goes to Jucytec for giving us the leak
    Thanks to Incubus26jc and everyone who helped get this thing working last night! Also, thanks to Verizon... NOT

For any devs that want the original unedited leak files, I have uploaded a mirror of these files that I got from scrosler: http://goo.gl/gIKBQ
    ^^^These are not rooted and cannot be flashed in ODIN or recovery. Only download if you know what they are for please.
    Now all we need is people to stop saying "now all we need".

No problem. Its a happy day for us i535 owners!
    Here's my Status Bar Mod thread. I know no one likes that stock battery and the off color clock and status bar so check it out. :)

Link is at the bottom of the 1st post.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1935681
    Thanks for the de-odex version. 4*5 launcher and note 2 gallery from Inc's jelly wiz thread are both working fyi

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Great! I like the 4x5 launcher much better than stock.

I am rebuilding this from the source and will be re-uploading this. Only real difference is it will be zipaligned and have the boot sounds.