Modem Unlock Flash Update NEW 12/15 WIPE or NO WIPE

Search This thread

vuphongkkk

Apr 3, 2011
Still hope that we'll solve the trouble with h+ connection, so I can keep this razr on t-mobile @@

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

EmericanX

Dec 20, 2011
Prince George, VA
When I had it running on T-Mo I was getting H+ depending on the area I was in. However I never could on AT&T... So I really think it depends on the area you're in if you'll be able to grab H+ or not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

vuphongkkk

Apr 3, 2011
When I had it running on T-Mo I was getting H+ depending on the area I was in. However I never could on AT&T... So I really think it depends on the area you're in if you'll be able to grab H+ or not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It's harder to get the H+, cause i tested with many phones, while other get h+ at most of places i go in Houston, this razr hd only get it at some certain spot. Tested on t-mobile

christian5916

vuphongkkk

Apr 3, 2011
i will have an update soon...

im finishing up razr m radio that has a stable 3g signal everywhere and i will apply it to the razr hd

here is a link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2115032

i will update the op when its done

i will need some beta testers for the razr hd let me know who wants to try it out

thank you

Good news of the day. I'll be happy to test it
Btw, i just installed custom rom on a rom slot by using safestrap( not the stock slot) , can i still just flash the modem by rsd life?

Last edited:
Reactions: hobbbes58017

aslomagic

Nov 10, 2012
Los Angeles

vuphongkkk

Apr 3, 2011
Just in case you guys didn't notice, the razr m now has a 100% functional gsm unlock, thanks to Arnold Snarb:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37123644&postcount=158
And instructions:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37150050&postcount=179

Some of you may want to try this to see if it applies to the razr hd as well ... others may want to wait for a more user-friendly way when radiohead7778580 is done :)

Just tried again, and this time it worked, i got it work on tmobile with stock radio,
Work perfectly with h+ connection now.
Thanks alot ^^

Last edited:

igwtapc

Apr 21, 2009
Oklahoma City
My screen shot on T-Mobile. Still will not hold 1700 signal well but works. uploadfromtaptalk1360366448492.jpg

higc

May 11, 2010
It works

Just wanted to say thank you so much. I got two of the razr hd dev. ed. and switched to T Mobile from sprint. They have been working rather well around Dallas, Tx. I'm not familiar with the different network speeds but mine runs on E with a network strength of around 63 dBm. Even at this speed it's tremendously better than Sprint. Calls are good, data is good. Another quick note. I did not unlock my wife's phone and was still able to get it to work. So the warranty is still intact. Thanks again and keep up the great work.

vuphongkkk

Apr 3, 2011
Great news! Will this work on the RAZR MAXX HD or is it just for the RAZR HD? I think the model is XT910, but it seems to be tricky to discern the international GSM models from US Verizon models. Wanting to use on AT&T. THANKS!

it works on razr hd and razr maxx hd. model xt926 from verizon

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
Well, I think it is safe to say there is no further development continuing on this thread, which I am glad I didn't flash it in this case.

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
What actually happened is that the original hack from the OP has been made unnecessary by the discovery of the NV edit method to unlock the stock XT926 VZW modem so that US GSM carriers are allowed with no other modifications and all supported bands function properly.
This method was first found on the XT907 RAZR M but works exactly the same on the RAZR HD/MAXX because they share the same chipset.

It requires diagnostic mode access to modify the NVM in the radio so it passes a check of the whitelist of allowed networks.

This method does NOT work on the original RAZR/MAXX or D4 because they have a hybrid SoC with a MDM6600 chipset.

What actually happened is that the original hack from the OP has been made unnecessary by the discovery of the NV edit method to unlock the stock XT926 VZW modem so that US GSM carriers are allowed with no other modifications and all supported bands function properly.
This method was first found on the XT907 RAZR M but works exactly the same on the RAZR HD/MAXX because they share the same chipset.

It requires diagnostic mode access to modify the NVM in the radio so it passes a check of the whitelist of allowed networks.

This method does NOT work on the original RAZR/MAXX or D4 because they have a hybrid SoC with a MDM6600 chipset.

Can you elaborate or is there a thread specific to this? THANKS

Top Liked Posts