Access denied while updating USB Driver

Search This thread

luga23

Jan 26, 2014
www.neobux.com
Hi guys! Got a big problem. It seems that recently i cannot connect my android devices (Galaxy Note 2 and Nexus 7) on my laptop. It was working properly before dont know the problem now. I've tried uninstalling the driver but it seems it can't be uninstalled as it is still there when i click on properties. Tried to update the driver but is always showing me this error.. I am logged in as admin and no other user accounts on this laptop. I dont know what to do. Tried other alternatives such as system restore, reboot laptop and android device. enabled/disabled usb debugging, selected MTP/PTP connection but to no avail. Please help me guys.

Due to low post count i cannot post link of image.

Error says:

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found drivers software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

MTP USB Device

Access Denied.

Thank you.

Hi guys! Got a big problem. It seems that recently i cannot connect my android devices (Galaxy Note 2 and Nexus 7) on my laptop. It was working properly before dont know the problem now. I've tried uninstalling the driver but it seems it can't be uninstalled as it is still there when i click on properties. Tried to update the driver but is always showing me this error.. I am logged in as admin and no other user accounts on this laptop. I dont know what to do. Tried other alternatives such as system restore, reboot laptop and android device. enabled/disabled usb debugging, selected MTP/PTP connection but to no avail. Please help me guys.

Due to low post count i cannot post link of image.

Error says:

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found drivers software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

MTP USB Device

Access Denied.

Thank you.

hello!

i am currently also experiencing the same problem. it appears to be the PC's fault. i tried plugging it into my laptop and it works. But here in my PC, my device can't be read, nothing pops up and windows can not install the driver like you said.

could anyone please come up with something? thanks :)

mats25101979

Aug 15, 2011
Ceck in internet the ultimate driver release and install.
If you want i send in p.m. the link in my cloud with the driver.
Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 con Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

bobfbaby

Mar 26, 2011
Nottingham
Hi, for everyone who's still interested, apparently this works:

1. Open CMD as an Administrator
2. Type: net localgroup Administrators local service /add
3. Hit Enter.
4. Install drivers