(rom) RAZRX - By Droid Th3ory xt912 (verizon)

Search This thread

detr0yt

Dec 8, 2011
DISCLAIMER:
FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SOFT BRICKING YOUR PHONE!! THERE IS NO WAY TO RECOVER UNTIL WE GET FAST THE FASTBOOT FILES! THIS HAS BEEN TESTED EXTENSIVELY, BUT AS WE ALL KNOW... THINGS HAPPEN.

EDIT...... PLEASE ONLY INSTALL USING SAFE STRAP, PEOPLE HAVE TRIED doing straight through cwm, some have succeeded some have bricked! Safe strap is full proof, make sure you have a good charge on battery, AND YOU MUST DELETE AND UNINSTALL ALL FORMS OF ANY PRIOR BOOT STRAP apk.'s or you will soft brick in a boot loop...

please read How To Safe Strap here
http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com/p/how-to-safestrap.html

Info page here at rootz
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/11906-rom-razrx-v10-12142011/

Here is a custom ROM for the RAZR. Just the start of it, once things get underway I will port some mods in. For now... It is clean, debloated, init.d support, custom scripts, ICS themed and fast. So.. I bring you RAZRX.

Thanks as always:
dhacker for being my team
bigandad for some sweet theming
hashcode for Safe Strap
ALL the forums for the Support

DETAILS:
MOTO Base
Debloated
Zipaligned
Custom SYSCTRL
Custom INIT.D
RAM Script
SD READ Enhancement
Ultimate compression
Optimized PNGS
TH3ORYROM Wallpaper App
Superuser 3.0.7 and binary
Busybox (Modified)
More... Who remembers? lol

INFORMATION: READ THIS!!!! EVERYONE MUST WIPE. IT WILL WIPE EVERYTHING (NOT YOUR SD CARD).

CAUTION!!!! MAKE SURE THE ROM IS ON SD CARD EXT BEFORE BOOTING INTO RECOVERY!!!!

NO MATTER WHAT ROM YOU ARE COMING FROM

THIS ROM WILL WIPE EVERYTHING!!

INSTALL THE ROM AND WALK AWAY!!! LET THE ROM SETTLE!!! RUSHING THE KERNEL WILL ONLY CAUSE YOU ISSUES. AND THE BIGGEST WARNING... KEEP BOTH HANDS ON THE DEVICE AT ALL TIMES.

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS... FOLLOW THIS OR BE NUKED!!!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING IN BOOT STRAP (CWR)

IN CLOCKWORK:

WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET

WIPE CACHE

UNDER MOUNTS AND STORAGE, FORMAT SYSTEM

UNDER ADVANCED, WIPE DALVIK

INSTALL AND HOLD TO THE PHONE WITH BOTH HANDS.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING IN SAFE STRAP

IN SAFE STRAP:

ENABLE SAFE SYSTEM FIRST!!!

WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET

WIPE CACHE

RAZRX V1.0 ROM DOWNLOAD

http://th3oryrom.com/RAZR/RAZRX_V1.0_SIGNED_PUBLIC.zip
MD5:d6c1f5e38c77d9bf9a303aba01d2bc97

SCREENSHOTS (WITH GOLAUNCHER)

Edited by droidth3ory, Today, 12:37 AM.

Attachments

• screen_20111215_0017.jpg
    screen_20111215_0017.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 7,028
  • screen_20111215_0018.jpg
    screen_20111215_0018.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 4,496
  • screen_20111215_0018_1.jpg
    screen_20111215_0018_1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 4,259
  • screen_20111215_0018_2.jpg
    screen_20111215_0018_2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 4,232
Last edited:

detr0yt

Dec 8, 2011
I doubt this would work on any thing else other than Verizon... Due to radios 4g vs. gsm... And highly advise not to... But least you guys over in the UK have your fast boot files... We are playing Russian roulette every time we do this... But i'm.sure someone over there could port this to your phones.. I'm not a dev. So couldn't say yes or no... But I highly doubt it....do at your own risk ladies and gents... But if your on Verizon and set safe strap up... Runs great as a second ROM

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
if you didnt and you don't have CWM on boot you're soft bricked and you gotta find a verizon store to fastboot ya

detr0yt

Dec 8, 2011
im not sure why people are not using safe strap.... people... its pretty much the only thing you have to cover your arse!!! its very very simple....if you ever had any type of cwm or boot strap installed YOU MUST UNINSTALL EVERY THING! read the OP and the link that was posted to HASHCODE's site.... it clearly tells you how to safe strap.... practically holds your hand....

MrFrankfromCM

Dec 28, 2010
SoCal
I don't have cwm on boot....and i am using the Boot Strap app, which came before the safe strap.

And, what do I tell the Verizon that I need to be fastbooted???

detr0yt

Dec 8, 2011
I don't have cwm on boot....and i am using the Boot Strap app, which came before the safe strap.

And, what do I tell the Verizon that I need to be fastbooted???

You should of used safe strap bro... It says right at the top of my post...did you make a back up? Try powering down, start back up holding power and volume down at the same time... Or power and both volume up and down at the same time...

MrFrankfromCM

Dec 28, 2010
SoCal
You should of used safe strap bro... It says right at the top of my post...did you make a back up? Try powering down, start back up holding power and volume down at the same time... Or power and both volume up and down at the same time...

I already had the bootstrap installed, so i followed your bootstrap steps. I do have 2 nandbackups....booting with 1 or 2 vol keys + pwr doesn't get me anywhere good. lol

detr0yt

Dec 8, 2011
Bro... Bootstrap and safestrap are two completely different things... Safe strap completely protects you... You are soft bricked... If you can't get Verizon to fast boot your phone, your are going to have to activate an old phone for now till we get the fast boot files.... Safe strap is full proof....

MrFrankfromCM

Dec 28, 2010
SoCal
Bro... Bootstrap and safestrap are two completely different things... Safe strap completely protects you... You are soft bricked... If you can't get Verizon to fast boot your phone, your are going to have to activate an old phone for now till we get the fast boot files.... Safe strap is full proof....

Yeah, I understand the differences but I already had the bootstrap installed and didn't want to uninstall and then install the safe strap since there was procedures for the bootstrap. I know I should have...but sh!t happens, no biggie.

bouchedag

Jun 9, 2009
Loved the rom, but it broke the hotspot hack, so back to stock for me! Awesome to see there is light at the end of the tunnel though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER:
    FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SOFT BRICKING YOUR PHONE!! THERE IS NO WAY TO RECOVER UNTIL WE GET FAST THE FASTBOOT FILES! THIS HAS BEEN TESTED EXTENSIVELY, BUT AS WE ALL KNOW... THINGS HAPPEN.

EDIT...... PLEASE ONLY INSTALL USING SAFE STRAP, PEOPLE HAVE TRIED doing straight through cwm, some have succeeded some have bricked! Safe strap is full proof, make sure you have a good charge on battery, AND YOU MUST DELETE AND UNINSTALL ALL FORMS OF ANY PRIOR BOOT STRAP apk.'s or you will soft brick in a boot loop...

please read How To Safe Strap here
    http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com/p/how-to-safestrap.html

Info page here at rootz
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/11906-rom-razrx-v10-12142011/

Here is a custom ROM for the RAZR. Just the start of it, once things get underway I will port some mods in. For now... It is clean, debloated, init.d support, custom scripts, ICS themed and fast. So.. I bring you RAZRX.

Thanks as always:
    dhacker for being my team
    bigandad for some sweet theming
    hashcode for Safe Strap
    ALL the forums for the Support

DETAILS:
    MOTO Base
    Debloated
    Zipaligned
    Custom SYSCTRL
    Custom INIT.D
    RAM Script
    SD READ Enhancement
    Ultimate compression
    Optimized PNGS
    TH3ORYROM Wallpaper App
    Superuser 3.0.7 and binary
    Busybox (Modified)
    More... Who remembers? lol

INFORMATION: READ THIS!!!! EVERYONE MUST WIPE. IT WILL WIPE EVERYTHING (NOT YOUR SD CARD).

CAUTION!!!! MAKE SURE THE ROM IS ON SD CARD EXT BEFORE BOOTING INTO RECOVERY!!!!

NO MATTER WHAT ROM YOU ARE COMING FROM

THIS ROM WILL WIPE EVERYTHING!!

INSTALL THE ROM AND WALK AWAY!!! LET THE ROM SETTLE!!! RUSHING THE KERNEL WILL ONLY CAUSE YOU ISSUES. AND THE BIGGEST WARNING... KEEP BOTH HANDS ON THE DEVICE AT ALL TIMES.

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS... FOLLOW THIS OR BE NUKED!!!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING IN BOOT STRAP (CWR)

IN CLOCKWORK:

WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET

WIPE CACHE

INSTALL AND HOLD TO THE PHONE WITH BOTH HANDS.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING IN SAFE STRAP

IN SAFE STRAP:

ENABLE SAFE SYSTEM FIRST!!!

WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET

WIPE CACHE

RAZRX V1.0 ROM DOWNLOAD

http://th3oryrom.com/RAZR/RAZRX_V1.0_SIGNED_PUBLIC.zip
    MD5:d6c1f5e38c77d9bf9a303aba01d2bc97

SCREENSHOTS (WITH GOLAUNCHER)

Edited by droidth3ory, Today, 12:37 AM.
    so by using safestrap my current stock rom stays in tact the way it is now? Meaning all I would have to do is factory reset from stock to return to rooted stock ROM, then unroot from there should I need to?
    Hey nerd.... Welcome aboard... Guess you finally have up on the bionic lol... I was on.the bionicforums when it first came out to...razr kills bionic.. Anyways I think the only thing you honestly need is to be rooted... And install the safe strap...then enable safe strap them you will be in safe mode.... Safe mode= where you place your new ROM like razrx and UN safe mode = your stock ROM that you don't want to touch... Then all you do is just toggle between the two roms on start up.... Also when safe strap is installed... every time you boot up you go into a screen and ask you if you want to boot into recovery... Or continue to boot to your ROM from when you just rebooted a second ago... Hence meaning... SAFESTRAP! Can't go wrong... Have you installed Amy kind of bootstrapper apk yet? Or any kind of cwm?
    Can we have an update?
    how exactly do you toggle betweenthe two ROMS? Is it by toggling Safe mode from safe (RAZRX) to UN-Safe (stock rom)?

Yes, that is correct.