Possible to use USB game controllers?

Search This thread

ilangoadigal

Jun 21, 2010
Since the Iconia has a functional USB port I'm wondering if it is possible to plug in a USB game controller and use it to play on SNESoid or the like? Anyone want to test this out?

Shigster

Jun 9, 2010
Since the Iconia has a functional USB port I'm wondering if it is possible to plug in a USB game controller and use it to play on SNESoid or the like? Anyone want to test this out?

I think at the moment game controllers are not supported by honeycomb but I know when Ice Cream Sandwich comes out, game controllers will be supported from the get go.

You can try to use the Wiimote though and hopefully that will hold you out till October/Whenever it is released by Acer.

Reactions: ilangoadigal

Sector51

May 13, 2010
I will test later...i did not even come up with this idea.

nice idea btw !!! would be nice if it worked.

Shigster

Jun 9, 2010
3.1 is supposed to add support for a lot of these, right?

You are correct sir

Well basically that means you will be able to connect extra hardware to your Honeycomb device and use it via USB slots. While this wasn't solely geared towards gaming on your Honeycomb device, gaming will see a big benefit from it. Essentially, you'll be able to connect your XBox 360 and other controllers to your device and play your games using it. Great if you don't have or don't want an Xperia Play. -http://tinyurl.com/droidgamer

Please Acer unlock our bootloaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdkizzle

May 13, 2010
Yup, I read that 3.1 will add support for 360 wired controllers. Now I just need N64oid to come back on the market, dammit.

willbur73

May 9, 2011
Queen Creek
3.1 does add support, though each app will need dev updates to support input from the controllers. There are some xooms at bby where I work and I tested it there with an xbox 360 wired controller and n64oid. B-e-a utiful!

Sent from my DROID2 Apex 1.4 rom using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think at the moment game controllers are not supported by honeycomb but I know when Ice Cream Sandwich comes out, game controllers will be supported from the get go.

You can try to use the Wiimote though and hopefully that will hold you out till October/Whenever it is released by Acer.