[Q] Unbrick TF300T Without Unlocking Bootloader

Search This thread

yourignhere

Jul 5, 2014
I have a TF300T that I need to fix. It gets stuck in an infinite boot loop, and when I try to run the recovery kernel, it will not work. I'm trying to flash CWM or a new rom onto it to get it running again, but the bootloader is not unlocked. Is there any way that I can unbrick the tablet without needing to unlock the bootloader, or is there any way I can unlock the bootloader without running the apk file Asus gives? I can't get past the recovery menu.

Voidac

Jul 5, 2014
I have the same issue with a tf300t after attempting to update it. It's stuck on the boot screen with text in the top-left corner reading "signature match". Nothing happens, I've rebooted multiple times using multiple methods, but nothing works. I did manage to get my pc to recognize the tablet for a short while, but it didn't recognize the device.

Please, is there anything we can do besides getting a new tablet?

Edit: I tried adb and fastboot. No success. My tablet won't boot into the required state for these methods. Is there any other way to get it back to working order besides sending it to ASUS?

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
So neither of you are able to get to the screen that has the three icons?

If you can get to that screen you should be able to do a cold reset. This is the wipe data option. In other words, you will lose all your data.

Also, you might be able to flash stock SKU if you can get to that screen.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I have the same issue with a tf300t after attempting to update it. It's stuck on the boot screen with text in the top-left corner reading "signature match". Nothing happens, I've rebooted multiple times using multiple methods, but nothing works. I did manage to get my pc to recognize the tablet for a short while, but it didn't recognize the device.

Edit: I tried adb and fastboot. No success. My tablet won't boot into the required state for these methods. Is there any other way to get it back to working order besides sending it to ASUS?

So you can't get to any screen on your tablet? What is your process? Which buttons are you holding?

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I have a TF300T that I need to fix. It gets stuck in an infinite boot loop, and when I try to run the recovery kernel, it will not work. I'm trying to flash CWM or a new rom onto it to get it running again, but the bootloader is not unlocked. Is there any way that I can unbrick the tablet without needing to unlock the bootloader, or is there any way I can unlock the bootloader without running the apk file Asus gives? I can't get past the recovery menu.

If you can get to the recovery menu, try doing a cold reset. It will wipe all of your data. You click to move over to wipe data and select it. Then you should be able to boot and install that app to unlock your tablet.

Reactions: yourignhere

Voidac

Jul 5, 2014
Well, I've used the power button & Vol Down in an attempt to cold boot it or to get to the other options. No luck even getting to that screen.

yourignhere

Jul 5, 2014

If you can get to that screen you should be able to do a cold reset. This is the wipe data option. In other words, you will lose all your data.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

So you can't get to any screen on your tablet? What is your process? Which buttons are you holding?

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

If you can get to the recovery menu, try doing a cold reset. It will wipe all of your data. You click to move over to wipe data and select it. Then you should be able to boot and install that app to unlock your tablet.

I was able to do a cold reset and the tablet's working fine now, just waiting on the wifi connection (which is taking abnormally long) to get going so I can unlock the bootloader.

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
I've tried from plugged, unplugged. Full battery and letting it sit for almost a day to completely drain the battery.

So does it just go black or what?

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

I was able to do a cold reset and the tablet's working fine now, just waiting on the wifi connection (which is taking abnormally long) to get going so I can unlock the bootloader.

Did you get it going?

yourignhere

Jul 5, 2014
So does it just go black or what?

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Did you get it going?

It won't connect to wifi. It says "authenticating" and just stays there forever until I turn off the screen, then it says "not connected"

Voidac

Jul 5, 2014
When I power it down (and it keeps automatically rebooting), I'll try holding the Volume Up button, then my computer recognizes it (but cannot find a driver for it). But it's the only way I can get the screen to turn off.

andrewnelson23

May 25, 2012
Shawnee, OK
Can't flash without unlocking the bootloader right? I can't unlock it without a network connection.

You have to have unlocked boot loader to flash original stock SKU?

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

When I power it down (and it keeps automatically rebooting), I'll try holding the Volume Up button, then my computer recognizes it (but cannot find a driver for it). But it's the only way I can get the screen to turn off.

I think that's apx mode for if you had the flatline blobs to unbrick your tablet. Since you don't know what it is, I doubt you made a backup of it...

Voidac

Jul 5, 2014
I think that's apx mode for if you had the flatline blobs to unbrick your tablet. Since you don't know what it is, I doubt you made a backup of it...

You are correct xD
I don't really care for modding my tablets or phones, mostly because I kind of need them? Maybe once I get a new tablet (Still waiting for the new version of the Nexus 10), I'll start messing with my old stuff. Android has always been a pleasure to use, so I never really cared about installing custom roms on the thing. (That and I didn't want to void the warranty).

How was I supposed to know installing a firmware update was gonna brick my tablet?

Thanks, Obama.

yourignhere

Jul 5, 2014
I restarted the tablet again, and the internet was working. Weird. Anyway, I think I have things under control from here. Thanks for all the help, guys.

ryantyre

Nov 3, 2010
bricked

Hello guys and gals, so i have hard bricked my tablet and can only access apx mode. So of course i understand that without a prior backup made with NVFLASH i am probably out of luck.

With that said, i do have a question for a seasoned developer. I understand the nvflash blob has to be for "your specific device" but is there a way to say, use the blob from someone elses nvflash blob if you change the serial number on your device to the one that the blob came from? I thought it may be possible becase i saw the command in the "help" section in NVFLASH "cmd #38" "--internaldata" "used to flash the sku-info, serial-id,mac-id,prod-id"

so i thought it may be possible to kinda clone the device the blob came from so that you can use the blob file through NVFLASH

does any of this make sense?

im just trying to think outside the box here ( i have no clue how the blob files are generated or what nvflash looks for when flashing a blob)

has anyone used this command before?

PS - i know this is in the wrong section but none of the "bricked" threads have been touched for a while so i felt i might get some attention here (bad or good)

Voidac

Jul 5, 2014
I've contacted ASUS and I might have to mail my tablet into them :/ Not really looking forward to it bumping around in the mail for a week. Does it cost to send the tablet into them? If they break it, do they send me a new one? >.>

Regardless, I'm still struggling with finding a solution to my problem. Being unable to boot into Recovery Mode is really killing my chances of getting this fixed on my own.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.