[ROM][Oct 03][DOUBLESHOT] Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Beta

Search This thread

dmarco

Sep 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
why was undead banned?

Because of something he did long ago. Even though he is still one of the best and supportive devs for our device. He changed his ways and tried doing right...however,the powers that be felt he needed to be punished. He is still (in my opinion at least) the greatest Dev out there to date...his Roms kick @$$ :D

Sent from my ICS Splashed MT4GS using xda premium

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville
Because of something he did long ago. Even though he is still one of the best and supportive devs for our device. He changed his ways and tried doing right...however,the powers that be felt he needed to be punished. He is still (in my opinion at least) the greatest Dev out there to date...his Roms kick @$$ :D

True dat!!!

Sent from my MyTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

masterkamon842

Jul 3, 2011
New York
i dont know why but all undead's roms are buggy on my device. I really wanted to like his lite expresso rom and his unity remix, but they just dont run right, and i follow all his instructions to the t.... but I'll still go with cedde's lite rom.

Reactions: istheGman

dmarco

Sep 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I've also been running the ICS Splashed Rom for about 2 Weeks WITHOUT ANY problems whatsoever....THIS ROM ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY AMAZING!!! :D

masterkamon842

Jul 3, 2011
New York
I flashed the new ICS and i really miss the sense clock. Plus the texting issue remains. Only 2 downs. After that I flashed the new Unity remix and I love it until now. Bloater doesnt want to work :( it recognizes my phone as a sensation... I'll stick with cedde's rom till these issues get sorted out.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

dmarco

Sep 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I flashed the new ICS and i really miss the sense clock. Plus the texting issue remains. Only 2 downs. After that I flashed the new Unity remix and I love it until now. Bloater doesnt want to work :( it recognizes my phone as a sensation... I'll stick with cedde's rom till these issues get sorted out.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

What texting issues are you referring to???

ymmp

Apr 28, 2006
mixed experience with latest VU ROM

So far very impressed with camera. In the stock ROM there was a yellow tinge in low lighting especially under yellow fluorescents. Audio also seems better in Video.
The status bar tweaks, extended power and quick menu seem to be the same as BulletProof (although I do like the addition of the battery bar across the top).

I am not going to be using it though, because it is running hot, and while it seems smooth and fast I don't see RAM usage being less or battery. It also has too much bloat, and Bloater isn't working right on it.

I really don't get it.
What is the fixation with Sense and HTC apps? Except for the camera app, what's essential? I would rather use Go Launcher EX and Go Locker (they have one with camera, phone, and messaging that shows next alarm etc.), Handsent, Swiftkey and or Go Keyboard (works well with 2 languages on the slider), Astro Nova Player, etc. etc.
The only thing I need are general system enhancements like extended quick and power menus, status bar tweaks, improved audio (can anyone fix the video audio recording?) etc.
And I love the Genius Button.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

One update though.
I just saw that HTC Sync works with this ROM because it is recognizing it as a Sensation. (that's probably also why Bloater doesn't work)

Last edited:

masterkamon842

Jul 3, 2011
New York
Oh right, that text issue. Just flash the new sense text message zip

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/11613-[ROM][12/25/2011][MERRY-CHRISTMAS]ICS-SPLASHED-v2.0-[CRT/EPM][ICS-FRAMEWORK][FAST][READ-READ-READ]

Sent from my ICS Splashed MT4GS using Tapatalk

Thanks will do ASAP ;). Buuut I've been using his Nonsense rom and I'm falling in love with it. Just testing battery life on it and so far so good.

757VaPtown

Could someone shair the download link for this ROM??????? plzzz

757VaPtown

the downloading rubix sensation

Sent from my HTC myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

757VaPtown

This ROM is amazing wow like damn now i understand why undeadk9 leaving is such a lose althow I don't score high on quadrant test or other benchmarks this ROM is just OMFG smooth and I been running it UC on setcpu at on-demand high 7** and low 4**

Sent from my RubiX Sensation Infused using xda premium

757VaPtown

Sweep shot in camera doesn't function properly

Sent from my RubiX Sensation Infused using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    virtuousunity-800.png

After a longer porting and testing phase we are ready to release a beta version of the Unity rom on the MyTouch 4G Slide (Doubleshot).

The initial idea of porting the Unity rom to this device was coming from fcreeves and was started in the Pledge a bounty for Virtuous ROM thread.

The rom is brand new ported to the device and was made without having a device actually in the team. So the testing was fully made by unclespoon.

After a really last positive testing it's time to release it for an open beta phase.

Keep in mind that not all points could be tested yet. So please make a backup before flashing this rom.

Download for Unity 2.39.0 for Doubleshot
    md5sum: 781590a77d214b7e895c722096f114a9

Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Patch for Doubleshot
    Changelog in the post #2

Please report all issues you find and we will try to fix them. I actual list of known issues are in the second post.
    Virtuous Unity 2.39.1
    Changelog:
    Genius buttom mapped to Search
    Trackpad wake
    Camera portrait mode should be fixed
    Screenshot function (Power + Home) should be fixed
    System Info should give correct Virtuous Unity version
    Disabled debugging notification icon (ADB)
    Increased battery saving in sleep mode
    Improved scrolling responsiveness
    Fixed black screen after call ends
    Fixed call delay

Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Patch for Doubleshot
    Sorry guys that I wasn't here in the last days. But I am/was really busy. Real work, house work, daughter and dog is keeping me from doing some stuff. And the little bit time I had was invested in the 3.5 rom.

But the good thing...my wife comes back on weekend...and the doubleshot device too :D

So I can start to port the rom for you too...and for the question about Unity. We will support the rom in the future too. There are a lot of people which still wants to use it. And I hope we can fix the few bugs on the doubleshot as soon as possible.

And I will make some test with mdj together on the kernel to make it more stable for you.
    Well maybe get a hold of the team....seems they are claiming the Slide is going to be supported but seems to be lacking any work or anything....

Chrish has been working on it, but has been having quite a lot of issues.
    Doubleshot support is going to be one of the top priorities

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
    Hi guys. Welcome to the unity family. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk