[ROM][KANG][16.07.2012] CyanogenMod 9 Milestone XT720 RC

Search This thread

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Ahhh I am really missing the development here, I used to really love trying out all the new progress we used to have every day and all the things going on and now it is all gone :-( Did we lose Mz for good now too? Its very sad but it was destined. I wonder how much I can sell my XT for now?

It was a sad day when we lost khalpowers, he was good, I guess he figured we got as much as we are gonna get out of this phone. I think we lost Brianli and now Mz. Motorola really screwed us with this phone that is for sure.

Ps... sorry guys I was just venting lol. I love my phone and all the work you guys have done for it, it has been a great journey thanks to all of you.

Last edited:

3rdstring

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Ahhh I am really missing the development here, I used to really love trying out all the new progress we used to have every day and all the things going on and now it is all gone :-( Did we lose Mz for good now too? Its very sad but it was destined. I wonder how much I can sell my XT for now?

It was a sad day when we lost khalpowers, he was good, I guess he figured we got as much as we are gonna get out of this phone. I think we lost Brianli and now Mz. Motorola really screwed us with this phone that is for sure.

Ps... sorry guys I was just venting lol. I love my phone and all the work you guys have done for it, it has been a great journey thanks to all of you.

:crickets:

I believe Mioze is still around, just nothing new to contribute atm & I also express my gratitude to the few developers who made the XT720 usable & fun to play around with. I feel kind of betrayed by Motorola too & I would hope that going forward they have a better track record (being owned by Google) but I wouldn't bet on it.

I think I'll stick with unlocked Nexus phones now. The development there is hard to keep up with. Added to the fact that my T-mobile prepaid plan is less than half of what my CBW bill was & I'm extremely happy with my new phone.

PS Jelly Bean ROCKS!!!

Last edited:

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7

I'm still here. I'm slowly working on a cleaned up/unified CM7 build, but I'm a little short on spare time at the moment. I've also been trying to get to the bottom of the light sensor problem when running xt720mod.sbf, but nothing to report yet--I seem to obsess over unsexy things that take forever to solve. ;)

Oh, cool! XT720 forums show up on user cp again :)

Last edited:

B_e_n

Aug 16, 2010
Paris
Very sad indeed but the xt720 is out since more than 2years now...
I get mine (and we are always very late in france) in the beginning of august 2010...
I never keep a phone more than 1year and a half (but i didn t know android before)...
And thanks to xda and all of you. We extend a lot the life of a phone that has been forget by motorola 2month after the output...
But now i m very happy with the last CM7 from fjfalcon and i think it will be my last one... I m waiting for my new galaxy s3.....
Thanks again to all the dev, testers, followers, askers..........

Edit Liberty do you sell your phone??? How much you think you can sell it now???

Last edited:
Reactions: Euzhan

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Wow, that really, really strange...

Yeah and now trying to flash CBW SBF and it keeps failing. It is saying code corrupt on the bootloader screen

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I rebooted the PC and it successfully flashed. So now I am on stock CBW SBF. Shew that was a close one lol

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

My SDCard is screwey, think I should try to replace the file and try again? Could have been a bad transfer...

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
I just looked in my ext4 folder and it has com.tenfar.defy.bootstrap-1.apk in it. Can somebody tell me what it is and why it is in the ext4 folder? First time I seen it. Can I delete it?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

harleyhemant

Dec 23, 2010
Bangalore
Yeah and now trying to flash CBW SBF and it keeps failing. It is saying code corrupt on the bootloader screen

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I rebooted the PC and it successfully flashed. So now I am on stock CBW SBF. Shew that was a close one lol

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

My SDCard is screwey, think I should try to replace the file and try again? Could have been a bad transfer...

Hey LM,

You runnin fj's update posted in his last post?

What have been your experiences n feedback?

Please share..

Sent from my XT 1 Turbo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Links:
    build time: 16:55 16.07.2012
    Google apps

Description:
    This is build of cyanogenmod 9(ics) for milestone xt720.

What works and have been tested:
    Install
    Touchscreen.
    Phone
    Gallery
    SMS
    Gps
    Camera
    CamCorder
    HWA
    How to install:

There is no specific instructions, like any other mod.
    Root->Openrecovery->Install update-> 3 wipes -> install gapps.

Other Phones bootfix:
    lwxddlqkillapp's motoroi bootfix
    telnet777's xt711 bootfix

Biggest thanks go to Quarx, if not him - i won't do this.
    Also i wish to say big thanks to
    #milestone-modding@freenode
    #cyanogenmod-dev@freenode
    #motomagic@freenode
    People from this channels really very good devs. Thank you.
    Of cource thanks to CyanogenMod Developers team.
    Thanks to CyanogenDefy team(Epsylon3, maniac103, Quarx2k)
    Thanks to nadlabak.
    Thanks to our porting guys: j.y.daddy, lwxddg.
    Thanks to xvilka, Skrilax_CZ.
    Thanks to CyanogenModXT720 team: Mioze7ae, peshovec.
    Thanks to droid-developers.
    Thanks to telnet777 and lwxddlqkillapp
    And mchlbenner, thanks to you too ;)

Good luck
    ~_~ i'am also here.. and i wish to make new build.. )
    fjfalcon created branch jellybean at CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest just now
    :-[

I'm still here. I'm slowly working on a cleaned up/unified CM7 build, but I'm a little short on spare time at the moment. I've also been trying to get to the bottom of the light sensor problem when running xt720mod.sbf, but nothing to report yet--I seem to obsess over unsexy things that take forever to solve. ;)

Oh, cool! XT720 forums show up on user cp again :)
    More log:
    got ics running )
    Well... at least i see bootanimation )
    Code:
     E/HAL     ( 3240): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]:  3240 could not load needed library 'libaudio.so' for 'audio.primary.omap3.so' (reloc_library[1314]:  3240 cannot locate '_ZN7android14AudioParameter11keyFMLaunchE'...
    So, now i'm going from work to home.