[Q] adaway app not fully loading Amazon website/app

Search This thread

stoneyholme

Oct 4, 2011
i have a rooted xperia play and have used the adaway ad blocker app for a couple of years with no problems
but suddenly I cannot access fully the amazon (shopping) app or internet version , I can browse amazon etc
but it will not load up any of the images for the products, if I disable ad blocking on adaway it works fine but as soon
as I enable the ad blocking it no longer loads up any of the amazon photos, can anyone out there please help
thanks

Reactions: willowbeehive

gsrrr

Apr 6, 2011
I added "*images-amazon*" to the whitelist and they load up again now. (Not got an xperia play myself, but this thread came up in a search before I had a go at a fixing it on my own)

How do you add things to white list in adaway?

Edit: nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks for your post.

Last edited:

DarkManX4lf

May 11, 2007
NYC
Thanks this worked. I don't have a Xperia device. I have a Note 3. I searched Google for this issue and this page came up. I've had this problem before and later Adaway hosts updates fixed it, hopefully this fix will be permanent.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I added "*images-amazon*" to the whitelist and they load up again now. (Not got an xperia play myself, but this thread came up in a search before I had a go at a fixing it on my own)
    i have a rooted xperia play and have used the adaway ad blocker app for a couple of years with no problems
    but suddenly I cannot access fully the amazon (shopping) app or internet version , I can browse amazon etc
    but it will not load up any of the images for the products, if I disable ad blocking on adaway it works fine but as soon
    as I enable the ad blocking it no longer loads up any of the amazon photos, can anyone out there please help
    thanks