Black lines

Search This thread
S

simple_fear85

I am curious about something with the whole black line issue. I think I may have another idea. Please input for this will help confirm. What if it has something to do with downgrading the bootloader with autorec? Can anyone confirm keeping JB and installing xdabbebs 24a bootstack did this also?

Could it possible have something to do with autorec? Like I state before I am not pointing blame, but I read alot of post where people stated this has happened to them where they used autorec for kitkat and then installed? Maybe there is something where kitkat isnt working well with autorec downgrading the bootloader. If you downgrade any software with a newer upgrade wouldnt that cause instability within the kitkat itself?

What I am thinking is maybe the downgrade of the bootloader is causing over heating since it wasnt made for kitkat? Maybe it sounds stupid but what if? I remember having the black lines happen once before on a gnex I had and if i recall at one time you had to downgrade part of the software to gain custom recovery. My phone in fact got the black lines. What if we find a way to reupgrade the back to kitkats original bootloader and see if that fixes the black lines.

I know there was one case where someone claimed they got it after the OTA for kitkat, but could there be a possiblity that autorec was used in this case also?

I figured I start this possibly here to find a cure for the black lines possibilty. Please delete if not ok here.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Just copy paste this in either Q&A, or better yet the g2 general thread for the black lines. Its labled as permenant screen damage. There people can respond to it that have he issue.

Because this will be moved or locked with it being in the Dev section.

Definitely an idea though. I never used auto record. And I haven't had any issues yet. I think the vast majority of vs980 users used xdabbeb or okbi's method, but its worth a shot tossing it there as some sort of poll.

Sent from my Vs980 running Vanir 4.4.3

S

simple_fear85

I didnt read fully on the rules here and i apologize. I put the thread with a poll in the general lg g2 verizon. Please admin delete this. Made a mistake sorry

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
I didnt read fully on the rules here and i apologize. I put the thread with a poll in the general lg g2 verizon. Please admin delete this. Made a mistake sorry

I would go to g2 general. And to the black line thread. That's where they are trying to trouble shoot it.

It won't hurt having it here. But there are 20+ people over there that have that issue hanging out in that thread.

Sent from my Vs980 running Vanir 4.4.3

Mightycaptain

May 19, 2013
Morganton, NC
I am curious about something with the whole black line issue. I think I may have another idea. Please input for this will help confirm. What if it has something to do with downgrading the bootloader with autorec? Can anyone confirm keeping JB and installing xdabbebs 24a bootstack did this also?

Could it possible have something to do with autorec? Like I state before I am not pointing blame, but I read alot of post where people stated this has happened to them where they used autorec for kitkat and then installed? Maybe there is something where kitkat isnt working well with autorec downgrading the bootloader. If you downgrade any software with a newer upgrade wouldnt that cause instability within the kitkat itself?

What I am thinking is maybe the downgrade of the bootloader is causing over heating since it wasnt made for kitkat? Maybe it sounds stupid but what if? I remember having the black lines happen once before on a gnex I had and if i recall at one time you had to downgrade part of the software to gain custom recovery. My phone in fact got the black lines. What if we find a way to reupgrade the back to kitkats original bootloader and see if that fixes the black lines.

I know there was one case where someone claimed they got it after the OTA for kitkat, but could there be a possiblity that autorec was used in this case also?

I figured I start this possibly here to find a cure for the black lines possibilty. Please delete if not ok here.

You should go back and check the thread in general and the latest post by dr87 and gloat a little. While it may not be autorec looks like he believes it might be bootloader related and how it is being tricked to we can still use custom recovery. I thought your theory was in the right direction.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

S

simple_fear85

You should go back and check the thread in general and the latest post by dr87 and gloat a little. While it may not be autorec looks like he believes it might be bootloader related and how it is being tricked to we can still use custom recovery. I thought your theory was in the right direction.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I seen that and people bashed my idea of a possibility. I wasnt bashing autorec or anyone and they took it the wrong way.