[Q] Cleanest way to backup and restore Apps+Data?

Search This thread

Ned_Flanders

Sep 2, 2011
So yesterday I used an App called System Control Pro to backup all my Apps+Data before I flashed SinlessRom coming from stock.

Flashed the ROM, reinstalled System Control Pro and restored the Apps+Data, but almost all the apps when opening them show the unfortunately the app is not responding force close message. The backup did a terrible job, although I did do a TWRP backup (Nandroid?) before flashing the rom.

Anyway what is the cleanest most stable solution to backing up the Apps+Data? After flashing ROM's I want my Apps+Data to be restored and working cleanly.

Should I be using something like Titanium Backup instead, or is there some other good apps out there?

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
TB is nice, but it gets annoying having to restore each app separately. I tried TWRP nandoid, and when I did a factory reset, it messed up because of permission issues.

I used CWM recovery on my Nook Tablet, and it always worked for nandroid backups. Make an app+data backup, move the folder over to your computer, flash your rom, restore all your apps+data in CWM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Ned_Flanders

oadam11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 19, 2013
plus.google.com
TB is nice, but it gets annoying having to restore each app separately. I tried TWRP nandoid, and when I did a factory reset, it messed up because of permission issues.

I used CWM recovery on my Nook Tablet, and it always worked for nandroid backups. Make an app+data backup, move the folder over to your computer, flash your rom, restore all your apps+data in CWM.

I would just buy the pro version of tb. It makes everything so much easier.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would just buy the pro version of tb. It makes everything so much easier.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    TB has always been very solid for me. I use it all of the time, and very very rarely has it ever failed me...but usually it was my error or oversight.