Error (Status 0) on any ROM Flash.

Search This thread

Jared631

Apr 4, 2012
Bothell, WA
New too this whole phone, but I've rooted & ROM'd the Kindle Fire (Gen 1.) Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Vortex, and a few other devices so I'm not stupid when it comes too this stuff.

I've never been a fan of CWM, but anyways I used the AIO Vibrant Toolbox too root it, then I added a recovery with the Custom ROM Button, selected the zip and it *Eventually* got me int CWMR v2.5.0.4, I downloaded c-Rom, and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535547, I tried both but they each fail with
"Installing Update...
E: Error in /sdcard/ROM.zip
(Status 0)
Installation Aborted"

I wiped Dalvik, Factory Reset, Wiped Cache, eevrything. But nothing seems too have worked.

v4vamp

Jul 15, 2010
Same problem

Hi I'm currently having the same problem and I also have experience rooting other devices with no problem. I even re rooted the device from the beginning and still a no go. If anyone has any solution to our problems please reply thanks.

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
depends on what version of android your'e running, i'm assuming 2.2 since you just rooted it. so grab a cm7, cm 10.2, cm11 or any 4.4.2 rom and a 4.4.2 kernel as well. first flash cm7 and let it fully boot into the os, afterwards boot back into recovery and flash cm 10.2 same as before let it boot, now flash that 4.4.2 kernel and while in same recovery session choose "reboot recovery" option now go ahead and flash what ever kitkat rom you like...

v4vamp

Jul 15, 2010
Actually I rooted mine to stock eclair from 2.2. I wasn't sure if I needed to stay because all the guides showed to go to 2.1. It is currently rooted with stock rom and I haven't been able to get further than that.

Last edited:

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Actually I rooted mine to stock eclair from 2.2. I wasn't sure if I needed to stay because all the guides showed to go to 2.1. It is currently rooted with stock rom and I haven't been able to get further than that.

try what i mentioned in my previous comment, it should get your device up to date.