DFT Gold V1 For Sprint Wifi stops working??

Search This thread

steveoski111

Apr 13, 2008
Hey guys I couldn't find the forum for the ROM so i had to make a new thread i apologize for that. I got the ROM download link in one of the other threads someone had just posted a link to download it. its the DFT freedom V1 For sprint HTC Arrive. Anyways, the issue that i am having is that when i put my phone on WiFi it works for about 5 minutes and than it just stops working. As soon as i take it off of WiFi the data or app loads right up. I was curious if anyone else that is on Sprint and is running this ROM has had any problems? or if someone could please post a link to the thread with that ROM so that i can see if maybe there is an update? I love love love the ROM but this WiFi is really bugging me, i use WiFi religiously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zero9930

Nov 16, 2009
Lincoln
I've always had this problem, at least in Mango. It's quite annoying and I have to toggle my wifi off and back on again. If there is a fix I'd sure like to know.

N_ZzZ

Jun 5, 2010
Are you connecting anything to your shared WiFi? Because if you don't the connection automatically shuts down. I believe it does this this to save on battery and to save on data.

Sent from my PC93100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

IM0001

Jun 29, 2007
Ran into something somewhat similar, will have to look around a bit but I found a fix is to disable Data Connection within the Cellular settings when you want WiFi to work. :/

I'll see what I can dig up otherwise.

Reactions: jarron

recoiledsnake

Nov 15, 2007
The problem I have is that the Wifi MAC ID changes everytime the phone is rebooted or started after a shutdown. Since I filter by MAC in my router, it is a major pain to keep changing my router settings everytime the phone runs out of juice.

steveoski111

Apr 13, 2008
So this is a problem with Mango in general and not just the DFT rom? That's good to know. Thanks so much for the tip on shutting down the data connection when using WiFi. I will actually give that a goski.

On another note, does anyone on sprint have trouble sending picture messages? Me and my wife both have this HTC arrive on sprint and our pic mails fail almost everytime and same with receiving the pic messages. We need to turn off WiFi, restart the phone and than about 80% of the time it works. I seen on thi9s ROM that it has a spot for son setting and maybe if I fill that out it will work?

Also, does anyone have a link to the rom I mentioned in the first post? I'm on the HTC arrive sprint dft v1 for gold and was curious if there is any updates on the rom.

One last thing lol, is there anyway to do a complete backup of the phone and apps so that when we flash to a new rom it backs everything up? Thanks in advance!

Steveo

Zero9930

Nov 16, 2009
Lincoln
So this is a problem with Mango in general and not just the DFT rom? That's good to know. Thanks so much for the tip on shutting down the data connection when using WiFi. I will actually give that a goski.

On another note, does anyone on sprint have trouble sending picture messages? Me and my wife both have this HTC arrive on sprint and our pic mails fail almost everytime and same with receiving the pic messages. We need to turn off WiFi, restart the phone and than about 80% of the time it works. I seen on thi9s ROM that it has a spot for son setting and maybe if I fill that out it will work?

Also, does anyone have a link to the rom I mentioned in the first post? I'm on the HTC arrive sprint dft v1 for gold and was curious if there is any updates on the rom.

One last thing lol, is there anyway to do a complete backup of the phone and apps so that when we flash to a new rom it backs everything up? Thanks in advance!

Steveo

I had problems with MMS failing all the time too. I fixed it by changing the network profile and prl. After that it's never had a problem. Hope that helps.

steveoski111

Apr 13, 2008
So i wentto settings than celluar and i did the update profile and theupdate prl and my picture messages still fail every single time. So i dont know what is going on. My wife has the same phone and the same rom and she also has the same problem. I dont beliebve it to be rom related because we both had the issue on sprints stock mango wp7 rom.

Recently i have been having trouble with my phone going and staying in 1x mode. i dont know what is causing it and i looked around for the APN setting thati would use for this phone and wasnt able to find ones that matched what it asked for in there. Does anyone have the APN settings? I just hard reset my device to see if that fixes it.

steveoski111

Apr 13, 2008
Is there a dedicated thread about the DFT rom? i keep getting 1x on my phone making it pretty useless and i checked my wifes phone and same story, i keep posting my questions here because i dont want tot pollute and i cant find the DFT rom for Sprint thread if there is one. any help?

or anyone know the proper APN settings?

bdlou

Nov 7, 2008
Just wanted to bump on this. This WiFi issue is brutal. Is there no official support channel for this DFT ROM? I'm going to have to move to a different ROM soon, as it doesn't seem to fail over gracefully from WiFi to data. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ran into something somewhat similar, will have to look around a bit but I found a fix is to disable Data Connection within the Cellular settings when you want WiFi to work. :/

I'll see what I can dig up otherwise.