Tablet Mode Mod --Q & A-- !!!!!!

Search This thread
Y

yollasho

I can't even find dropbox in the market.... is there a fix for the market application? I have deadspace installed but I can't open it and can't uninstall it or install it. Anyone else having this issue?

I can see and download dropbox.

Have you tried clearing data in play store and Google services framework then boot to recovery and wipe cache/dalvik and reboot.

That's the general fix for market issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium alpha2 tab mod

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
Im guessing its your font. Mine is fine.
View attachment 1030083

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

How do you get the dock bar at the bottom?

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

This is nova launcher and i have no issues

What dpi are you at? My icons are soo small. Not even close to that size

itsjdmyo

May 18, 2006
only problem i'm having is when i open playstore to see if any of my apps need to be updated, it is only showing that i have about 18 apps installed (i have about 60), but when scroll over to the "all" tab, it lists all my apps and a lot of the apps are showing up "this version is not compatible with your device". i have already tried clearing data in the playstore and google services framework but still no luck. any fix to this?

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
Is this a flash over v1 or are there wipes involved

VonEsch

Dec 31, 2010
Ventura, CA
Heads up for anybody on noteworthy who wants to go back from tablet, you may need to flash a modded notification bar zip in cwm if you're getting system UI fc's and no notification bar, did the trick for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

TOA Duck

Oct 29, 2010
Mississippi
www.theoutlawarmy.com
This is so awesome. The only thing i wish i could see is the battery percentage without having to bring up the task bar. I don't guess there is a setting to make that happen is it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

GTTG_Atomik

May 9, 2006
Heads up for anybody on noteworthy who wants to go back from tablet, you may need to flash a modded notification bar zip in cwm if you're getting system UI fc's and no notification bar, did the trick for me

Where would we get such file to flash in CWM?

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
This is so awesome. The only thing i wish i could see is the battery percentage without having to bring up the task bar. I don't guess there is a setting to make that happen is it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Ask him for this... Im sure eventually there will be a setting for this like his past Rom. Give it time

area4689

Oct 31, 2009
I LOVE THIS MOD! ive been waiting for this ever since I saw the N7000 tablet mod thread. i dont mean to be a pain in your ass, but to make a suggestion, re organizing the topic of the thread itself in terms of what the thread is about, updates, change/move/modify old/new links, installation instructions, just a little bit more organized, would be appreciated. i had a hard time getting the tablet mod to work bcuz i assumed A1 has to be done first then A2, which is a given logic, but i had to do A2 first and then A1 (which is now A2), and then A3 which is optional. but i got it now. thanks again and keep uo the great work!

keplenk

Aug 27, 2008
I just installed this and it is awesome even with Apex Launcher + Seraphim.

However, how can I add a dock in the home screen in Apex?

Nova has a dock and I'm just wondering how can I add a dock in Apex.

Thanks

Last edited:

moinsheriff

Jan 28, 2011
Dubai - UAE
63091540-f34d-b3f3.jpg

63091540-f3dd-452b.jpg

flashed alpha 2 mod. Then alpha 3 mod and then tablet enable 213 and fixed permission and reboot. No notification bar. App Drawer the same for apex and nova. And aokp settings foreclosing. Running seraphim. Any help?
Sent from my Note

VonEsch

Dec 31, 2010
Ventura, CA
63091540-f34d-b3f3.jpg

63091540-f3dd-452b.jpg

flashed alpha 2 mod. Then alpha 3 mod and then tablet enable 213 and fixed permission and reboot. No notification bar. App Drawer the same for apex and nova. And aokp settings foreclosing. Running seraphim. Any help?
Sent from my Note

I think alpha 3 is his rom. What does your build say in about phone. This won't work with alpha 3 if I read right.

jpg71

Apr 28, 2005
63091540-f34d-b3f3.jpg

63091540-f3dd-452b.jpg

Sent from my Note

I don't see you flashing the Tablet update mod anywhere in that sequence, did you do that?

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
63091540-f34d-b3f3.jpg

63091540-f3dd-452b.jpg

Sent from my Note

Lol flash the tablet mod in the op

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More fix Comin tomorrow

I know he made the Mod for his Alpha ICS Rom, BUT it seems to work on most ICS builds so i am making its own Q&A thread so we can stay out of Noteworthy/Seraphim/Dags thread with questions strictly about this Mod.

so this will be for GENERAL QUESTIONS on this Mod from member to member.....what dpi are you running, are you having issues on a certain Rom, things you would like to tell others about your experiance with this Mod running on your phone.

Have at it Yall!!!!!

on my part i love the Mod, im on seraphim and have had NO ISSUES :D
    Fixing Contacts Force Close

A lot of posts about problems with People or Phone force closing every time they try opening them. I had the same issue and this cleared it up for me.
    Goto:
    Settings>Applications>All> scroll down to logsprovider and select it. Select Clear Data from the next screen, then reboot your phone.

Worked for me, but I can't post this in the big boy forum due to post count. Credit DAGr8 for the solution in the dev thread post #3133. Anyways, hope this helps someone.
    On the link below on the second picture from the top you can see how they clustered 4 small icons together. Is that a third party application or is it something that can be enabled on tablet mode somewhere?

Nexus: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1543892

This can be enabled in the launcher settings. For Apex go to folder settings -> Folder Preview, change to Grid -> then remove the folder background.

Here is my current setup.
    can you switch back to phone mode after flashing the tablet MOD?