[Q] App Installing issues

Search This thread

Louis_O

Mar 5, 2014
Hello! I'm new to XDA Developers, so pardon my noobiness.

Basically, I purchased a galaxy gear off ebay, but my samsung galaxy S3 is only running 4.1.3 as stupid Telstra have not rolled out the 4.3 update for the S3 GT-i9305T. I was able to connect my galaxy gear to it by installing gear manager, and most features work... except the apps. When I try install an app, this error comes up: "Installation Failed. Try again later.(0)" and I have no idea what to do.

Basically what I'm wondering if there is a fix for this, or if it is possibly to somehow install 4.3 if my carrier hasn't rolled it out yet.

Thanks!
-Louis

forshaw

Feb 4, 2012
Hello! I'm new to XDA Developers, so pardon my noobiness.

Basically, I purchased a galaxy gear off ebay, but my samsung galaxy S3 is only running 4.1.3 as stupid Telstra have not rolled out the 4.3 update for the S3 GT-i9305T. I was able to connect my galaxy gear to it by installing gear manager, and most features work... except the apps. When I try install an app, this error comes up: "Installation Failed. Try again later.(0)" and I have no idea what to do.

Basically what I'm wondering if there is a fix for this, or if it is possibly to somehow install 4.3 if my carrier hasn't rolled it out yet.

Thanks!
-Louis

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-I9305T&pcode=TEL#firmware
4.3 is released

download the file from sammobile and flash in odin

if you need help doing this ,reply me

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
I remember reading on this forum (either in this questions sub-forum or in the General sub-forum), others have talked about apps issues with different versions of gear manager. There is a thread in the General sub-forum that talks about different versions of gear manager. You guys might want to look through that thread and see which version of gear manager works best for your needs. I say that because I remember others were saying that the newest version of gear manager is not necessarily the best at keeping all the apps you installed.

good luck guys.

tooandrew

I remember reading on this forum (either in this questions sub-forum or in the General sub-forum), others have talked about apps issues with different versions of gear manager. There is a thread in the General sub-forum that talks about different versions of gear manager. You guys might want to look through that thread and see which version of gear manager works best for your needs. I say that because I remember others were saying that the newest version of gear manager is not necessarily the best at keeping all the apps you installed.

good luck guys.

i cannot even connect my gear with the newest version of gear manager. the only version i can get to connect so far is 1.6.132701 and no apps will install. i am running a sprint galaxy s3 on 4.4.2 kitkat touchwiz (wicked x 7.0)

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
i cannot even connect my gear with the newest version of gear manager. the only version i can get to connect so far is 1.6.132701 and no apps will install. i am running a sprint galaxy s3 on 4.4.2 kitkat touchwiz (wicked x 7.0)

I think your situation may be a little different than OP's. From your sig your gear is rooted with null rom 26 (btw where did you find that, I thought the latest null rom is only 23?), so you would have a custom recovery on your gear already. Then all you need is to load the apks through bluetooth file transfer on to the gear, and intall it from the gear directly, you don't need gear manager at all for this.

As for why your s3 is not recognizing the gear, I am not sure. I had my note 2 on dn3 kitkat with latest gear manager (1.7 something I think) connected to my gear on null 23 rom and everything was working, including bluetooth file transfer, and I was able to install apks by bluetooth file transfer and then install from the gear itself.

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
what about on the phone?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

On my note 2 with dn3 v4 beta 2, the downloaded apks from my playstore are in root/factory, different devices may have it in different name.

If you are talking about apks downloaded from internet or transferred from PC, then it most likely will be in root/sdcard/download folder.

tooandrew

On my note 2 with dn3 v4 beta 2, the downloaded apks from my playstore are in root/factory, different devices may have it in different name.

If you are talking about apks downloaded from internet or transferred from PC, then it most likely will be in root/sdcard/download folder.
i would like to know where to find the apps that the samsung store downloads before it fails to transfer them.

I think your situation may be a little different than OP's. From your sig your gear is rooted with null rom 26 (btw where did you find that, I thought the latest null rom is only 23?), so you would have a custom recovery on your gear already. Then all you need is to load the apks through bluetooth file transfer on to the gear, and intall it from the gear directly, you don't need gear manager at all for this.

As for why your s3 is not recognizing the gear, I am not sure. I had my note 2 on dn3 kitkat with latest gear manager (1.7 something I think) connected to my gear on null 23 rom and everything was working, including bluetooth file transfer, and I was able to install apks by bluetooth file transfer and then install from the gear itself.

thanks, typo. i corrected that. and i know i can install normal apks but of the few apps in the samsung store that are made for the gear, there are a couple of them i would like to use. also have been considering taking the plunge to tizen, but i need to know my phone can connect to the gear with with tizen and the newest gear manager.

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
i would like to know where to find the apps that the samsung store downloads before it fails to transfer them.

I just did a download of an app from the samsung store. Its stored in the same folder as my other apps from the google play store, root/factory.

thanks, typo. i corrected that. and i know i can install normal apks but of the few apps in the samsung store that are made for the gear, there are a couple of them i would like to use. also have been considering taking the plunge to tizen, but i need to know my phone can connect to the gear with with tizen and the newest gear manager.

I am not sure why your s3 does not connect to the gear, sorry I cannot help as I do not have a s3. one would think it is capable as I have seen gear with null rom connected to s2 before. Perhaps someone else who has a s3 and gear can chime in and lend a hand here?

One thing though, if you have apk's that you would like on the gear, I would recommend staying with android for now, as Tizen is still too new, and of the few apps thats available, they are all from the official Samsung Store, at the moment we cannot install third party apps without going through Samsung Store on Tizen.