How to make a flashable zip

Search This thread

S_sWaY

Feb 2, 2013
After you made the rom, update, theme, ect. You select all of the stuff in the main folder then
(For Windows: right click and click send to them compressed zip file)
(for android with any root browser: select all of the stuff in the main folder and in the bottom you will see zip or something)

Sorry if you have linux or mac but I don't have those. :(:(:what:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
After you made the rom, update, theme, ect. You select all of the stuff in the main folder then
(For Windows: right click and click send to them compressed zip file)
(for android with any root browser: select all of the stuff in the main folder and in the bottom you will see zip or something)

Sorry if you have linux or mac but I don't have those. :(:(:what:

Is this a question, a guide, or a joke?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
My friend asked for this so I posted this guide but it is one you made the things you want to put in a flashable

Well, you also need the proper folder structure (system/app/someapp.apk, for example), and a META-INF folder with a proper updater-script and update-binary.. And zip those folders together.. And possibly sign the zip (unless sig checks are disabled in your custom recovery). I bet there are other guides around...

And sorry about the joke comment - no offense meant. I later thought you might be posting it for someone else... but searches and/or PM's are great too..

Last edited:
Reactions: shinobisoft

S_sWaY

Feb 2, 2013
Well, you also need the proper folder structure (system/app/someapp.apk, for example), and a META-INF folder with a proper updater-script and update-binary.. And zip those folders together.. And possibly sign the zip (unless sig checks are disabled in your custom recovery). I bet there are other guides around...

And sorry about the joke comment - no offense meant. I later thought you might be posting it for someone else... but searches and/or PM's are great too..

Ok but this thread is for after you have the stuff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My friend asked for this so I posted this guide but it is one you made the things you want to put in a flashable

This link can get you started with writing the actual updater-script. There are several threads here with tools that also build the scripts and zips like you were asking. ;)