[Q] Why did my CM11 update give me the "not authorized software" screen?

Search This thread

fbarcenas

Mar 22, 2011
New Brunswick
I updated my phone from CM10.2 to CM11 and got the ATT SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT AUTHORIZED deal.

So I had to downgrade back to att software and reroot,re-loki, and reinstalled the latest cm11-nightly.

I still get ATT SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT AUTHORIZED. What am I doing wrong?

fbarcenas

Mar 22, 2011
New Brunswick
The kernel wasn't lokied. Keep a copy of Loki doki on your sd. And if that ever happens again boot back into recovery flash Loki doki then reboot and you'll be golden

Ahh, is that because of the LOCKED BOOTLOADER?

Couldn't we just flash the I9505 bootloader and be done with it all? or is the bootloader built-into the non-writable firmware of the phone? Then maybe someone should sell a JTAG mod and cable to inject an open bootloader.

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro

Couldn't we just flash the I9505 bootloader and be done with it all? or is the bootloader built-into the non-writable firmware of the phone? Then maybe someone should sell a JTAG mod and cable to inject an open bootloader.

The bootloader is signed to specific S4 models and checked by all the separate parts. We can't flash a modified one, and there's also something to prevent it from downgrading.

SelfElevated2

Oct 8, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro

No we can't replace the bootloader or modify it. Loki is a work around/ patch. If it could be don't we would have snatched the 9505 or i337m bootloader a long time ago

fbarcenas

Mar 22, 2011
New Brunswick
No we can't replace the bootloader or modify it. Loki is a work around/ patch. If it could be don't we would have snatched the 9505 or i337m bootloader a long time ago

Damn, there's a ton a i337m's here in Mexico as all three of the major carriers here subsidize them. I should have gotten one of those, but I was blinded by finally being able to be on working stable CM11 nightlies, that I didn't dig further. I quickly abandoned my OCTACORE I9500 for the SGH-I337. I don't miss the octa-core, I hardly notice any performance difference, plus I gained an LTE freq.

SelfElevated2

Oct 8, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Yeah fortunately for me I got the phone in the first month it came out and rooted as soon as I could. So I don't have those problems. But I feel for those of you that do. Shoot your lucky too. If you were in mf3 or mk2 boot loaders you'd not be able to use custom recoveries, aosp based Roms, custom kernels. No Loki doki patch for them

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The kernel wasn't lokied. Keep a copy of Loki doki on your sd. And if that ever happens again boot back into recovery flash Loki doki then reboot and you'll be golden