TW versus AOSP ROMs

Search This thread

dante32278

Nov 13, 2010
Hi all, I have been using the galaxy series since E4G and have used both stock based ROMs and AOSP based. I am currently on Sac's ROM 3 and have been curious about running AOSP on my gs4. So anyone that that has made the change to AOSP, did you miss any features only available to TW based ROMs? Like the stock camera? Or calendar app? I use Nova Launcher so I don't really care about the TW launcher.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

G

GuestD0701

I actually prefer the stock camera and calendar in aosp over tw.[emoji3] I'm a huge aosp fan and always used those type of roms. There are so many 3rd party apps out now for those who don't prefer aosp stock gapps..

jflte/LS 3.1/Pokernel

8er

Feb 18, 2010
The ## dialer diag features in ASOP ROMs is often missing, and perhaps was missing in every ASOP ROM evaluated to date.

Hi all, I have been using the galaxy series since E4G and have used both stock based ROMs and AOSP based. I am currently on Sac's ROM 3 and have been curious about running AOSP on my gs4. So anyone that that has made the change to AOSP, did you miss any features only available to TW based ROMs? Like the stock camera? Or calendar app? I use Nova Launcher so I don't really care about the TW launcher.

sah0724

Nov 4, 2008
I installed cm11 and the voicemail feature was missing, I prefer touchwiz due to more completeness but asop seems a bit quicker with less lag, you won't have the camera with touchwiz due to software optimization.

G

GuestD0701

Check these pictures out. I took them using aosp camera that's in PA gapps. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2758046 To me its just as good as tw cam. If you use Banks's gapps gives you the Google cam with photosphere and other cool effects.. Then there are tons of apps that can tweak different things..

Aweshocked

Mar 14, 2013
Paterson
Check these pictures out. I took them using aosp camera that's in PA gapps. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2758046 To me its just as good as tw cam. If you use Banks's gapps gives you the Google cam with photosphere and other cool effects.. Then there are tons of apps that can tweak different things..

How'd youd get that good quality, im on aosp and mine dont ever seem that great

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app