Picked up this holster shield combo @ Sprint store

Search This thread

dkd711

Dec 18, 2008
Nice! Just got one from Ebay for $18 shipped. Thanks for the heads up!

Update... 2-26-11

I noticed my case was rubbing when sliding my keyboard out so I sanded it down about the thickness of sheet of 20lb paper with some 2000 grit sandpaper taped to my desk. Just hold it as flat as possible and rub back and forth for about 10 secs on both ends and test fit it back onto the phone. Phone now slides just as smooth as if it was naked. Enjoy this 5 min fix.

Here's a picture of the two spots to sand down.

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

cafecivet

Aug 11, 2010
Would you please be able to link to where you got this on eBay? Want to make sure I get the right one.

Would you please be able to link to where you got this on eBay? Want to make sure I get the right one.

If you get it from eBay you won't get the 1 year free replacement that you get from sprint.

it's cheaper but at the end if you look at it if something happens to it they replace it no questions asked (quoting the sprint store guy)

silex

May 16, 2006
So now after awhile the holster clip is starting to have a little play in it and sometimes it squeaks.

kellysa111

Jul 17, 2010
I got the Blue one. I have trouble taking the phone out of the holseter.

But other than that, its cool.

jhunterb18

May 12, 2009
Westminster, CO
I just picked up this case yesterday. It feels like a good case that actually protects the phone. I know it really works because this morning I had it cliped to my jeans pocket and it was raining. I went to warm up the car and kinda ran to the car and the clip slid off my pocket and fell hard to the street. The case has a couple scratches where the rubber is on the back. but thats really it.

Pros: Good hard plastic, swivel clip holster.

Cons: hard to get grip when sliding the keyboard open, clip doesn't hold well unless cliped to belt.

I would recomend it to other shift owners.

bobtsunam

Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
I've had this case for about a month and a half. Great hard case. Definitely buy it from the sprint store. I have dropped my phone twice. And while this case did its job in protecting my phone, the front bezel did not withstand the impact. The clips that hold the pieces on are very weak. Glad I got it from the store for a hassle-free replacement. The swivel clip will loosen up and tend to squeak after heavy use. I found that if you put a drop of light-weight oil or wd-40 at the swivel joint it clears the squeak right up. Nothing you can do about the loose swivel. All in all very pleased. I don't use the physical keyboard so never really noticed the slide action. I wouldn't recommend sanding the clips down whatsoever. They are thin and weak to begin with, so even taking a few thousandths of an inch off will decrease the rigidity of those already weak clips. Just a heads up.

<Blaze One>

Today I went back to the sprint store cause I messed up my case after 6 months,
It wasn't really all messed up it just started break a little but since they said "NO QUESTIONS ASKED" I decided to take it back, I had my receipt and everything and I told the guy @ the store that it was messed up and he asked me if I wanted it replaced or money back.. I should of take the money back offer since I own now a Otterbox case, but I thought also what the hell? what if that one messes up? at least I have a backup .
The funny thing is that the guy didn't even look @ the receipt and gave me a new one just like that LOL.

Rooster85

Dec 28, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Wait until your otterbox breaks, I sent them an email. They asked for a shipping address and I got my new case in 2 weeks.... never provided proof of purchase.

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy

Reactions: kbrn
Wait until your otterbox breaks, I sent them an email. They asked for a shipping address and I got my new case in 2 weeks.... never provided proof of purchase.

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy

wow!

I got my otterbox from amazon so I doubt I can do something like you.

I like my otterbox a lot even though it's bulkier than this case. I haven't dropped my phone not even a single time since I got it.. unlike my samsung moment, never got a case for it and dropped it like 3 times making fugly dents to it but since sprint replaced my first Moment a month before I upgraded to the Shift I still have a pretty much brand new Samsung Moment that I use as my mp3/camera/toy lol.

I have the Sprint case described by the OP, and I'm mostly happy with it. I'd rate it a 4 out of 5.

A couple of nitpicky items:

You have to be careful to align the phone correctly when sliding it into the holster. If you go in at a slight angle, the corner of the holster will wedge itself between the front bezel and the case, and it's a pain to get it back out w/out breaking stuff.

The little tabs that hold the case on are thin and fragile, and can easily break off when you remove the case. I've had to replace my case twice because one or more tabs broke off the front piece.

The case does make the keyboard harder to slide out, but I like the firmer action, so that's not a problem. YMMV.

Sent from my toilet.

mcbride731

Mar 23, 2012
that's a pretty nice one actually. i bought the Otter Box one and it was too bulky. ended up going with a cheap white one that does the same thing and doesn't weight a ton lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy