The Jedi Academy, or (Most) Everyting You Need To Know About Jedi ROMs

Search This thread

apen83

May 17, 2012
eau claire
Hi,

Is there a way to turn of the auto-correct feature (while keeping predictive text's suggestions)? I'm really enjoying Jedi-xx, but the auto-correct feature is always getting in my way. I got really used to my phone suggesting things, but never overwriting what I type in without any input.

For example, if I want to write "thaz", the phone automatically corrects it to "that" when I press the space bar. Actually writing "thaz" with predictive text on(on jedi-xx) requires a lot of effort.

What can I do to prevent that? I looked it up in the main thread and here, but I found no solutions.

Try selecting the word in the text field then just moving on. Eventually the phone will recognize that's a word you use

thyrokio

Feb 22, 2013
Try selecting the word in the text field then just moving on. Eventually the phone will recognize that's a word you use

The problem with this is that I have a friend who I can't send any accents to (é à è, etc.) because textPlus doesn't take them well. So, I have to misspell the words on purpose (i.g. élection has to be sent as election to him), but if I do your method, spell check will stop suggesting the accents, which is a problem, because manually adding every accent is long (and a hassle).

Should I try asking ptmr3 for an auto-correct check-box to be added in the future? If so, do I send him a private message?

Last edited:

benji667

Feb 20, 2013
The problem with this, is that I have a friend who I can't send any accents to (é à è, etc.) because textPlus doesn't take them well. So, I have to misspell the words on purpose (i.g. élection has to be sent as election to him), but if I do your method, spell check will stop suggesting the accents, which is a problem, because manually adding every accent is long (and a hassle).

Should I try asking ptmr3 for an auto-correct check-box to be added in the future? If so, do I send him a private message?

i would like to know the fix for this too

lindel

Jun 18, 2011
Irving, TX
First off, Jedi XX is a great ROM. Loving the speed and battery life. Many thanks for the work that's gone into it.

Next is my only issue. After first flashing the rom, I cleared the hotspot widget from the screen it was on (with the intention of putting it on a different screen), except now it's not in the app/widget drawer that I can find! Where do I need to look, or is there a work around?

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

First off, Jedi XX is a great ROM. Loving the speed and battery life. Many thanks for the work that's gone into it.

Next is my only issue. After first flashing the rom, I cleared the hotspot widget from the screen it was on (with the intention of putting it on a different screen), except now it's not in the app/widget drawer that I can find! Where do I need to look, or is there a work around?

Nevermind, found it in the toggles...:eek:

Luisj_mc

Nov 21, 2012
Guadalajara
FB Contact Sync

Is there a way to enable the contact sync feature in the Facebook app for the aosp ROM "Jedi CM"?
I tried following this link but it failed. Need help..

Last edited:

benji667

Feb 20, 2013
The problem with this is that I have a friend who I can't send any accents to (é à è, etc.) because textPlus doesn't take them well. So, I have to misspell the words on purpose (i.g. élection has to be sent as election to him), but if I do your method, spell check will stop suggesting the accents, which is a problem, because manually adding every accent is long (and a hassle).

Any fix for this???

benji667

Feb 20, 2013
I just found that the mic won't work when u have headphones plugged in while in call... any fix... anyone else have this problem ?

Last edited:

benji667

Feb 20, 2013
how can i get the rom toolbox options all integrated into settings again... since updateing to xpx and xp11 i cant find how to get that back... and i have rom toolbox pro so any help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WELCOME TO THE JEDI ACADEMY!

We're pleased to welcome all Jedi, from Initiate to Master here for questions and answers about the Jedi ROM series. Our goal here is to provide a platform where you can ask questions, seek advice, and gain insight and knowledge about the ROM, especially in the immediate pre- or post- flash time period.

One thing we cannot stress enough - READ THE OP (Original Post) for the ROM you're thinking of flashing completely to familiarize yourself with any changes or issues. The OP is updated (usually in advance) of all new releases, and contains *important* information about the release.

Lastly, style counts as much as substance here. We take great pride in being polite, respectful, and generous in our time and devotion to helping improve the Jedi ROM experience. While we can't guarantee we can respond immediately to all questions, we make every effort for someone to be around to help out should you need it. As the Jedi council grows, you can expect more names from people you can ask directly for more detailed or personalized help.

Below, you will find an FAQ with the most commonly asked questions about the Jedi ROM series. Please be a little patient with us as we grow the list and get it entered. As you all know, typing all of this stuff out takes time, so growing it will take some time.

Now that you've made through all of that, feel free to start looking, and remember that the SEARCH THIS THREAD box to the right of Thread Title is your friend, and can lead you to the necessary answers in many instances. I am working on the fuller FAQ now, and I promise it will grow as we wade through the threads looking for the most common questions!

Thanks for your patience and commitment to the Jedi ROM series!

FAQ.png

Q0 HELP!!!! I TRIED TO ROOT AND FLASH THIS ROM AND NOW I CAN'T GET PAST THE SAMSUNG OR ANDROID SCREENS (OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE)
    A0 There's an EXCELLENT thread for recovering from a bad flash HERE. (Mad thanks to bigapplevip for the link in the Jedi X5 Thread for posting this!)

Q1 Why won't my 64Gb SD Card work?
    A1
    The Saber 02 Kernel, used by both the Jedi Master and Jedi X series, does not support xfat formatting. In order for a 64GB card to work, you can either format the card in FAT32, or switch to the Perseus kernel for the phone, which supports exfat.

Q2 Does this have multi-window support and wifi calling?
    A2 The Jedi Master ROM has wifi calling enabled, but no multi-window support. The Jedi X Series has multi-window, but no wifi calling.

Q3 My AmeriTrade or Samsung Galaxy Note II User's Digest isn't working.
    A3 Uncheck "Force GPU rendering" in "Settings/Developer Options"

Q4 Why can't I find XXMyAppHereXX in the app drawer?
    A4 Bloat or anything the Dev sees as extra or not needed by everyone or available on the Market was removed!! See link to GoodyBag in the OP or find in the Market

Q5 With the 5X5 Home Screen, my widgets are all squished-looking!
    A5 Remove and re-add the widget, it will self-fix.

Q6 My phone won't sync with Kies via USB!
    A6
    Jedi Master and Jedi X support Kies via USB. You may find that you lose connectivity to Kies after restoring from Titanium. If this happens, disconnect the phone, run the connection Troubleshooter (which reinstalls the USB drivers and checks them), then reconnect the phone. You should be set after that.

Q7
    Can I dirty flash over Version XX with Version XY?
    A7 In some cases, yes. But, should you encounter stability issues or the occasional bartender who sees your phone and says "Their kind isn't allowed in here!", then you *may* want to full wipe. As a rule, I myself ALWAYS full wipe, system, flash ROM and any other .zips, wipe caches, boot, drink a root beer, and reboot. I've never, ever had a stability issue with a Jedi ROM. One thing to keep in mind is that you should ALWAYS CLEAN FLASH when a new BASE is used. This information will always appear in the OP for the ROM you're going to flash.

Q8
    What does "Dirty Flash" mean?
    A8 It means flashing a new ROM straight from the old, without wiping data or system. This leaves your old system data intact, but *can* cause stability issues. The council recommends a full wipe as stated in the OP, but your results may vary.

Q9
    I flashed Jedi and now my XXyouapphereXX doesn't work anymore or behaves poorly.
    A9 Some apps seem to have issues with new releases. Go Locker appears to have an issue with Jedi X5 (thanks to NeoAndroid for reporting that). If you have an issue, try reinstalling the app. If that doesn't cure your issue, post up, and we'll see what we can find out.

Q10
    How do I get the carrier name back on the pull-down on my home screen?
    A10 Easy answer - flash a new theme. Otherwise, you'd need to open the apk and change xml, which is NOT advised. NOTE: Themes not EXPRESSLY authored for the 23-toggle WILL NOT WORK.

Q11 How do I change the boot animation?
    A11 You'll need root access, and just change the bootanimation.zip in "system/media"

Q12 Help!!! My battery is being eaten alive by this ROM!
    A12 Install GSAM Battery Monitor. It's free, and gives us really useful info about what's hitting up your battery. Generally speaking, it's best to give it at least 24 hours and a full charge cycle before getting too excited. Since we all use our phones differently, YMMV.

Q13
    Why am I not getting 4G/What happened to the 4G icon/Now I'm only getting 3G, why? etc...
    A13 Starting with Jedi X7.2, the Status Bar now shows Correctly what TYPE of network you are connected to. H+ is 4G, H is 3G, and E is 2G GPRS/Edge

Q14 How do I flash a different theme from Aroma?
    A14 A dirty flash is all you need to do.
    We're VERY proud of of Dev, and his AWESOME releases. One way we show our appreciation is with banners. Please feel free to use any of the below if you use/appreciate/or just think Jedi are cool. :)

jedirombanner.png

jedi_rom.png

JMb2.jpg

Below compliments of AddisG:

Test3_zps14fa12b0.jpg

Banner4_zps30c89e2d.jpg
    Perfect! I am VERY happy to see this! I will be adding the Academy to the OP of my ROMs 1st thing in the morning. Thank you TmoTim for setting this up and for all the work that goes along with it! The Force Is Strong Here!:D:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    Google his the developer settings in 4.3 +. You have to unlock them. Go to the about phone sections of your settings and click on the build number 7+ times and the developer settings will appear in your settings screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
    Why is this thread here? Other than becoming a jedi groupie, the OP wont be able to answer any technical questions. Using the XDA search is a far better venue, which is also stated in the rules.

*Signature blocks shouldn't default to free advertising.*
    Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 via Solavei.

Actually the op is very knowledgeable and can answer youe questions. When there is a question hes not sure of he messages me to he sure his answer is correct. This is not a groupie thread it is a q&a so that I donr have to spend so much time answering questions. No need for unpleasant comments

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app