[Q] Backing up data

Search This thread

mystertom101

Aug 6, 2012
i want to backup everything on the storage of my nexus 5 to my macbook this includes pictures videos music etc... how do i go about doing that because i find android file transfer pretty **** and it doesn't work half the time always cuts out and you can only transfer like a maximum of 4gb and i need to transfer 22 any solutions?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
i want to backup everything on the storage of my nexus 5 to my macbook this includes pictures videos music etc... how do i go about doing that because i find android file transfer pretty **** and it doesn't work half the time always cuts out and you can only transfer like a maximum of 4gb and i need to transfer 22 any solutions?

Try adb: in cmd type: adb backup -apk -all -noshared -system or adb pull sdcard /sdcard/

Last edited:
Reactions: mystertom101

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
You can use ES File Explorer or find another app and maybe connect a CIFS (Windows File Sharing) share or NFS or even FTP. If you can set up a ftp server on your Mac it should work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try adb: in cmd type: adb backup -apk -all -noshared -system or adb pull sdcard /sdcard/
    The first thing to do will be to google "android sdk for Mac"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk