Can we change from 1080p to 720p to reduce battery?

Search This thread

thunderc8

Apr 1, 2010
Hi all, a few days ago I received my new huawei honor 6 and is blazing fast and smooth but what impressed me is the battery life.
It has an option to switch from 1080p to 720p with a setting named rog technology and where I had 4 hours of on screen time until 30% when I switched to 720p I got 6 hours (5:48) and the battery at 26%.
Is there a tool we can use to switch our amoled screen to 720p? Because at 5 inch I don't notice any difference.
Because if there isn't I find charging my phone once per 2 days or 3 very intresting and I might keep the honor 6 for me and the s5 to my wife.

thunderc8

Apr 1, 2010
Man this sounds promising. That would be nice to save more battery

Yeah honor 6 has it and I gain 2 more hours of on screen time since the Chinese can do it I think it must be software related.
I can safely say that with normal use 2 hours (internet ,calling,Facebook ) a day I can charge my honor 6 every 3 days it would be awesome if we could do this on our halaxy s5 instead of enabling and disable ultra power save all the time.

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Nope

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

-I remember seeing a build prop tweak where you edit one line to change what resolution the screen is drawn at.

OP, go download a build prop tweaker and go through the lines and find one that is similar to that-

EDIT: nvm i could have sworn it was available in my Xperia Z buildprop

Last edited:

ndr696969

Feb 9, 2014
Hi all, a few days ago I received my new huawei honor 6 and is blazing fast and smooth but what impressed me is the battery life.
It has an option to switch from 1080p to 720p with a setting named rog technology and where I had 4 hours of on screen time until 30% when I switched to 720p I got 6 hours (5:48) and the battery at 26%.
Is there a tool we can use to switch our amoled screen to 720p? Because at 5 inch I don't notice any difference.
Because if there isn't I find charging my phone once per 2 days or 3 very intresting and I might keep the honor 6 for me and the s5 to my wife.

how do you change resolution from 1080p to 720p in honor 6 ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why would anyone tinker with the powerful screen this phone offers?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk