HDMI Adapter Problems/Flickering Output

Search This thread

peare

May 10, 2006
I had the adapter for over a month and never had the flickering problem on my 55" Samsung 3D LED TV. The only problem is the scaling. It doesnt really fit the screen.

Reactions: bwolmarans

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
Can also report that I'm now having problems with the adapter. Previously I've only used it for short moments at a time so I didn't notice it back then but now that I tried watching a movie, it was pretty terrible.

LSL1337

Sep 4, 2011
Budapest
I'm also having the same issues

i just got mine 30 mins ago, pluged it in, and instantly, there was the flickering

and it only scales to 720p

i've got EU 3G model, with custom ROM...

VERY dissapointed

NightFire123

Dec 22, 2008
Braunschweig
I'm also having the same issues

i just got mine 30 mins ago, pluged it in, and instantly, there was the flickering

and it only scales to 720p

i've got EU 3G model, with custom ROM...

VERY dissapointed

720p is normal cause it only mirrors the tabs screen. indeed its 1200x 800 not 720p.
Only if you playback e.g. a full hd youtube Video or a Video with the Stock player it scales up to 180p.

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
I've been working with pershoot on this and he might have a fix for it. My initial testing has been promising but it's too early to say for sure.

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
I've been working with pershoot on this and he might have a fix for it. My initial testing has been promising but it's too early to say for sure.
For those of you having the flickering issue, give pershoots kernel (here) a test run. After intensive testing with him, he managed to fix the flickering almost completely for me and my adapter is now useable.

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
0910 release includes this.

let me know if it makes this beter for all of you that had this incessant flicker issue.

Reactions: Fatso

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008
I dont think that this is software related, otherwise mine woundnt work with the 7" dock.

At least for me, pershoots kernel improved it a lot and I can new use mine. Give it a try. ;)

Also, it could be software related if the 7" dock uses an older MHL chip that has better driver support than the one in the adapter (this is just guessing though).

Hodders

Mar 12, 2008
Me too - just got the HDMI adaptor.

Tried with two cables on two TVs both flicker about every 4 seconds with a slight break in sound. One TV loses sync and the picture disappears for a couple of seconds and then comes back. The other just glitches with a slight loss in sound.

I have tried turning it on from cold unplugging and plugging it back in, battery at 50% battery at 100%.

My guess is that the problem is with the cheap switched mode power supplies that they use for these devices. The electrical noise introduced is not going to help get high frequency signals to a TV.

This would tie in with why battery charge level has an impact - low battery = more noise as the charger pumps out more current.

It is also a real pain that the charger has to be plugged in as it destroys so much of the portability and introduces so many extra cables.

Can we get any more feedback on if the custom rom by pershoot helps reliably ?

Hodders

Mar 12, 2008
I've just ordered a dock for a galaxy tab 7" which I have been told does not have the problem. I'll let you know what happens as it will shed some light on if it is the adaptor or the tablet.

Hodders

Mar 12, 2008
Using the 7" tab dock with integral hdmi output the display is fine. The hdmi adaptor is obviously faulty and from the sound of it it is a common fault !

Riton81

Oct 19, 2011
Hi everyone!

I just purchase the 7" tab dock with integral hdmi output. I buy it for my 10.1 3g. The display is quiete fine as sound.

The only problem I notice is the connection HDMI not works when plugged but only if I power off and power on the tab with cable HDMI connected.

I think it's a module of kernel who start only at boot if cable is connected.

Any idea?

apstrojny3

Jan 13, 2009
I can also verify that pershoot's kernel version 2.6.36.4, found here has fixed this issue on my 10.1 Tab. Before, it was unbearable to watch...

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Can you all please flash to the latest release kernel, and ensure that hdmi is working, as it was before?

Please report back.

Thx.

Thearden84

Apr 24, 2011
I'm using the one that task650 packaged with galaxy task 6.1 and hdmi is fine for me

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have the same issue. i tried two different hdmi cables and two different hdtvs and the issue is still happening. at this point i think its a defective adapter. Im gonna exhange it.
    I had the adapter for over a month and never had the flickering problem on my 55" Samsung 3D LED TV. The only problem is the scaling. It doesnt really fit the screen.
    0910 release includes this.

let me know if it makes this beter for all of you that had this incessant flicker issue.
    Using the 7" tab dock with integral hdmi output the display is fine. The hdmi adaptor is obviously faulty and from the sound of it it is a common fault !

Well, with pershoots kernel I haven't had flickering for a while now with the adapter.
    Well, with pershoots kernel I haven't had flickering for a while now with the adapter.

+1 to this, fixed all my issues

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App